Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Default I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardorGoHome View Post
    AMEN! VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!

LUCK, RGIII, BARKLEY for me. Gotta love that Barkley kid, I was hoping they would be Stanford. Damn rookie RB coughed it up on the goal in OT.
    Luck going to be gone but yes I would love him most likely too honestly all three of them will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm still not sold on Tebow they are having him playing in a highschool offense and he still can't complete even half of his passes and if their O-line and defense wasn't so good and he didn't play in such a weak *** division he would be getting killed and I actually like Tebow but he is not a good qb at the NFL level. The reason I brought up his size is because he is a runner and will get killed, remember were talking about a player that got injured and was put out for the whole year in college think about what the NFL players will do to him. I want consistency not a guy that will be fun to watch a couple years until he gets permanetly injured I want a guy playing for us for 10+ years thats how you win super bowls I'm tired of the gimmicks and trying to get players that are a jack of all trades master of known like mccluster and javier arenas. I want guys that do 1 or 2 things and do it the best like Tamba Hali. As far as Heismans go didn't Matt Leinhart win a Heisman? And what's he been up to? Oh yeah and remember that one guy that was a pretty good runner hmm oh yeah Vince Young yeah he came in second in the Heisman and not much since then... isn't he a backup now to another runnner who constantly gets injured...no thanks.
    If we're talking pure passing, I'm sure you will find that RGIII's numbers far exceed Leinhart, Young, or any others in passing accuracy, int's, etc. The fact that he's mobile is just a plus. He doesn't take off running after his 1st progression. He hangs in the pocket and goes through 3 or 4 progressions and buys time like Roethlisburger does. He's a great pocket passer and he's not going to be running the frickin' triple option at any time. I encourage you to watch their bowl game and see for yourself. He's a pure passer with the ability to make things happen. He didn't take off running against OU one time and he shredded our defense under pressure. I predicted it would happen and it did in a major way. Probably led him into the Heisman.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with not wanting RGIII OLINE first. No matter who we get at QB we won't get anywhere without making big upgrades to the o line.
    I'm honestly torn I think if we can get a Jones or Barkley we do it because we can get a good RT in the second round and Matt Kalil will be long gone

The only way I am ok with picking up RG3 (or any of the QBs in the top of the 1st round) would be if we picked up a stud RT in the 2nd round that would be able to start on day one. And when I say he could start on day 1, I mean on most teams, not just on our team where we suck at RT.

Some names I have heard of as potentially really good RT (who could probably compete for LT on teams with bad LTs) are Osemele from Iowa State, Mike Adams from Ohio State, or Barrett Jones from Alabama. All of them seem to be projected as low 1st rounders to mid 2nd rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The only way I am ok with picking up RG3 (or any of the QBs in the top of the 1st round) would be if we picked up a stud RT in the 2nd round that would be able to start on day one. And when I say he could start on day 1, I mean on most teams, not just on our team where we suck at RT.

Some names I have heard of as potentially really good RT (who could probably compete for LT on teams with bad LTs) are Osemele from Iowa State, Mike Adams from Ohio State, or Barrett Jones from Alabama. All of them seem to be projected as low 1st rounders to mid 2nd rounders.
    Agree 100% that is the only way we should pick up one of these guys is if we get rid of B rich or hey if we keep cassel or orton pick up a LT in the 1st round (move Albert to LG) and pick up a RT in the 2nd. Then trade Cassel or orton for another second rounder and pick up a NT in the second,I'd be over the moon, but I'm thinking with a new coach were getting a qb in the first but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

If D.J. Fluker from Alabama declares he'd be an awesome pick up. He's a Sophomore but is eligible to declare. Not sure that he'd start right away but would definitely be worth a look. Past that the only other names I've heard is Nate Potter from Boise State and Matt Reynolds from BYU.

First and foremost we cannot afford to spend picks to move up in the draft, second, that is not the Pioli way, he would much rather, and we saw this last year or the year before, cant remember, he will move back and gain draft picks. Cassel is done for the year, if in fact Orton does a decent job in these final 3 games Pioli may try to keep him and again, Stanzi could play and do well. Also if Romeo turns out not to be our 2012 coach all that could change in the off season as well. We are now in the world of the unknown. I dont feel they have any idea what they will do until a new HC is in place. I just hope it's not one of those last minute, we get whatever is left choices.

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Griffin when I saw him play in Baylor's loss to Kansas State, but that was before I realized just how good the Wildcats defense was. He has proven himself to be an excellent QB and the so-called experts picked him over Luck, Landry and everyone else. That doesn't mean they are right, but it sure tells me a lot.

RGIII strikes me as being a lot like Cam Newton only not as big. It remains to be seen how good he would be against NFL defenses, but I think he will be pretty good.

I'm greedy, I guess. I would like to have RGIII and a great offensive line. I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Griffin might have the talent to get by behind our O-line, but if he got hurt (and behind this line, he probably would) Then the Chiefs would be sunk. I would rather upgrade the O-line so that any average to good QB would be able to run the offense effectively.

Imagine if we had a great O-line and kept both Cassel and Orton. Regardless of who started, if one got hurt (less likely with a great O-line) the other could come in and start without missing a beat. With Charles, our receivers, and our defense, the QB doesn't have to be great, but it would sure help if the offensive line was.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but feel it's worth reiterating:
    Ryfo YOU NAILED IT!

All of the teams contending have what is believed to be their franchise QB.

It is a QB driven league, and with the rookie wage scale now in place, it has never been a better time in the NFL to take a chance on a talented QB (because the financial risk is no longer there if it doesn't work out A La Jamarcus Russell)

As for RG3, I also agree that I don't like the comparisons to Vick... I would compare him more to a Rothlesberger or Newton rather than a Vick. Much better in the pocket than vick was coming out, goes through his progressions BEFORE taking off and running.

I like him... Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Red and Gold uni next season.... We can build our o-line by other means than a 1st round pick. (Rodney Hudson & Asamoah seem to be working out...If I remember correctly they weren't 1st round picks... 2nd & 3rd not to bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Ryfo YOU NAILED IT!

All of the teams contending have what is believed to be their franchise QB.

It is a QB driven league, and with the rookie wage scale now in place, it has never been a better time in the NFL to take a chance on a talented QB (because the financial risk is no longer there if it doesn't work out A La Jamarcus Russell)

As for RG3, I also agree that I don't like the comparisons to Vick... I would compare him more to a Rothlesberger or Newton rather than a Vick. Much better in the pocket than vick was coming out, goes through his progressions BEFORE taking off and running.

I like him... Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Red and Gold uni next season.... We can build our o-line by other means than a 1st round pick. (Rodney Hudson & Asamoah seem to be working out...If I remember correctly they weren't 1st round picks... 2nd & 3rd not to bad)
    RT is doable in the 2nd round but if we want a LT we will have to use our 1st round pick.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast