Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Default I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

We won't have a chance to take RGIII anyways, we are going to win our last three games and draft too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Then sounds to me like you're rooting for the wrong team. I've never understood people who claim to be fans and then all they do is bash the team.

also the records of the teams mentioned in Ryfo's post That drafted the franchise LT:

Miami: 4-9
    Cleveland: 4-9
    Washington: 4-9
    Browns: 4-9
    Seahawks: 6-7 (The one exception that has a better record than us right now, they play well at home, and have a great run game)
    Panthers: 4-9 (If Newton had the Chiefs Core Group the panthers would be much better, he is playing with little to no help on either side of the ball)

Now lets look at the teams who have recently drafted a franchis QB:

Packers: 13-0
    Steelers: 10-3
    Ravens: 10-3
    Lions: 8-5
    Jets: 8-5
    Giants: 7-6
    Bengals: 7-6
    Falcons: 8-5

Now there are a few exceptions such as St. Louis, The Vikings, and Carolina who have lower records, but the fact of the matter is that none of those teams have the talent at the offensive skill positions or a defensive unit that is as good as the Chiefs currently have. These QB's are being forced to basically work with nothing.

Just saying, you can look across the league and all of the teams that are contending year after year, all have answers at the QB position, and have talent at that position.

Well said! Those are real numbers and I can't for the life of me see why people are so blinded in this. This is not a fluke, Some top ten pick qbs don't pan out but there has never been a safer time to pick one with the new rookie pay scale rules.

We won't get anywhere with Cassel. Not even with the best OL in the NFL. The guy is not a leader. No one on the team believes in him and its very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    We won't have a chance to take RGIII anyways, we are going to win our last three games and draft too high.
    I will have what you are having......
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    The way he got hurt and what he hurt had nothing to do with this "playing style".
    and more to do with a cheap shot!

I'd love to get RGIII but I'm a little skeptical of Jones. I follow the Big 12 fairly closely and have seen a fair amount of both QBs and I think RGIII has what it takes to do well in the NFL. Jones on the other hand, I could see panning out but I could also see him as a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardorGoHome View Post
    Very true guys.

Man, Berry is a beast. I was there opening day and it was so hard to watch him get hurt. I played safety in H.S. Real Talk, He's the next Ed Reed. No doubt it crushed us to lose him, even more so than Charles imho. Pro Bowl his first season? Really? And leading tackler? hmmm.
    Berry is a beast......but a safety does not make the same amount of impact as a LT hell I would of us taken Maurkice Pouncey a center instead of Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    and more to do with a cheap shot!
    That may be so but safeties get injured a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    still doing better then the teams that drafted a safety that everyone said would be hurt because of his playing style.
    C'mon man, get over it. Okung has been hurt his whole career to this point (also placed on IR this year), and Trent Williams just got suspended for PEDs.

And just for the record in 2011:

Okung - 5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 24 pressures
    Albert - 5 sacks, 5 QB hits, 12 pressures
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-14-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    C'mon man, get over it. Okung has been hurt his whole career to this point (also placed on IR this year), and Trent Williams just got suspended for PEDs.

And just for the record in 2011:

Okung - 5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 24 pressures
    Albert - 5 sacks, 5 QB hits, 12 pressures
    Fiirst off sir we could have had Bryan Bullaga. Secondly we are still *****ing about our line yet not much stink about a safety dont get me wrong Berry is a good player but he doesn't have the impact of LT or even a RT.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Fiirst off sir we could have had Bryan Bullaga. Secondly we are still *****ing about our line yet not much stink about a safety dont get me wrong Berry is a good player but he doesn't have the impact of LT or even a RT.
    Are you for real? LOL

92 tackles, 77 solo, 2 sacks, 13 pass deflections, and 4 interceptions as a ROOKIE!!!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast