Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Default I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Are you kidding me???

If you haven't Noticed, Bulla wasn't able to make the jump to LT for the packers, he actually only became the RT because Mark Tauscher got placed on IR after week 4 last year. Also just a reminder: They also drafted Derrick Sherrodd this off season, make's me think they arent' too set on Bullaga becoming the LT anytime soon (there were doubt's about him being able to play LT in the NFL when he was coming out) Hell, Bullaga can't even beat out T.J. Lang (who is now playing LT beacuse Clifton is out) who is actually a Guard and was a 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2009!

You can't honestly think that Bullaga would have made a bigger impact to this team than Berry has!

That's just redonculous!
    I'm sorry but you just got rep for using the word redonculous... Oh and I completely agree with every word of your post but that's secondary to why you're getting rep.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.

You do realize that the Packers LT was a 4th round draft pick that was brought in as a guard don't you?

And both of the players you are yelling about aren't even playing LT for the packers right now. Bulaga is the RT and Sherrodd is A BACKUP behind Bulaga.

Neither are starting at LT for the Packers right now.

Albert is not a bad LT, Our weak spot on the OL is not out LT. It is an undersized and over the hill Weiggman and Lilja, and a sub par RT. Hudson is set to take over for Weiggmann, Asamoah has the RG spot secure, now we look for a RT, and a LG prospect to take over for Lilja and Richardson, and we are looking a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm sorry but you just got rep for using the word redonculous... Oh and I completely agree with every word of your post but that's secondary to why you're getting rep.

I just gave you rep for giving Jrudi rep for using the word "redonculous." because your post made me laugh!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

I just gotta speak the truth.... ridiculous just wouldn't emphasize the extent of craziness to the proposed idea that Bulaga would have had a bigger impact on this Chiefs team than Berry has. haha

You do realize that the Packers LT was a 4th round draft pick that was brought in as a guard don't you?

And both of the players you are yelling about aren't even playing LT for the packers right now. Bulaga is the RT and Sherrodd is A BACKUP behind Bulaga.

Neither are starting at LT for the Packers right now.

Albert is not a bad LT, Our weak spot on the OL is not out LT. It is an undersized and over the hill Weiggman and Lilja, and a sub par RT. Hudson is set to take over for Weiggmann, Asamoah has the RG spot secure, now we look for a RT, and a LG prospect to take over for Lilja and Richardson, and we are looking a lot better.
    At least someone on this board has some sense. Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    At least someone on this board has some sense. Excellent post.
    Ya know it seems like we usually see eye to eye about most topics.

It is nice to have a few people who aren't screaming their opinions on here without thinking logically, or finding facts to back their statements first.

Keep up the good work as well!

I did have a question that I would like to hear people's opinions/responses on regarding RG3.

I had read earlier in this thread of people stating that they thought RG3 was undersized and fragile.

I went and looked at the QB's in this class

Luck: 6'4" 230lbs
    Barkley: 6'2" 220Lbs
    Jones: 6'4" 230lbs

Griffin is listed at 6'2" 220lbs

Thats the exact same size as Barkley, and only 10lbs less than both Luck and Jone's who have 2" on him.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to put on 10 pounds in an NFL weight training program if needed, and I don't see why he is being considered undersized and Barkley isn't.

I had also heard the undersized comparrison as similar to Vick and that he would be injured often.

Vick is like 5'11" 210. Just wanted some thoughts on why Griffin had been knocked a couple of times on here stating he was undersized?

I did have a question that I would like to hear people's opinions/responses on regarding RG3.

I had read earlier in this thread of people stating that they thought RG3 was undersized and fragile.

I went and looked at the QB's in this class

Luck: 6'4" 230lbs
    Barkley: 6'2" 220Lbs
    Jones: 6'4" 230lbs

Griffin is listed at 6'2" 220lbs

Thats the exact same size as Barkley, and only 10lbs less than both Luck and Jone's who have 2" on him.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to put on 10 pounds in an NFL weight training program if needed, and I don't see why he is being considered undersized and Barkley isn't.

I had also heard the undersized comparrison as similar to Vick and that he would be injured often.

Vick is like 5'11" 210. Just wanted some thoughts on why Griffin had been knocked a couple of times on here stating he was undersized?
    Because he's a mobile, black QB so he's compared incorrectly to other QB's like v. young & Mike Vick. He should be more compared to Drew Brees, which is slightly smaller than RG3 but has a very quick release.

mark my word, this kid is mentally sound and a great leader. If he's comfortable enough to wear Superman socks w/ capes to the Heisman presentation, he will be cool in the pocket when Ray Lewis is breathing down his neck tryin' to snap him like a twig. I have a feeling he may be a dolphin next year. I like him much better in Red n Yellow. RG3 has great decision making skills and doesnt turn the ball over very often. The fact that hes mobile is just a bonus.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

This team needs a QB with an arm and a sense of whats going on around him - and I'm not crazy.
    SHUT IT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567