Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Default I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Are you for real? LOL

92 tackles, 77 solo, 2 sacks, 13 pass deflections, and 4 interceptions as a ROOKIE!!!
    Yes I am for real I said he was a good SAFETY I would prefer a LT they protect our QB's who seem to get the S kicked out of them still to this day. Guess what no berry and our defense has been our bright spot our offense is terrible and it has a lot to do with our line hell I would have rather had a NT then Berry even though he is a really good safety.

I just don't want Cassel anymore...or orton

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

You hit the nail on the head with all of that.

I am definitely not a fan of Landry Jones. IMO, he is a younger version of Matt Cassel. If he has top-tier protection and is given plenty of time to pass, he can put up impressive numbers in the Sooner offense, but when he plays against tougher competition and gets pressured, he completely breaks down. This year he has really taken a step back...and really should return to work on his game.

Nick Foles is another guy that reminds me of Cassel....he doesn't move well in the pocket and breaks down too quickly not only under pressure, but under "perceived" pressure.

I would say the more I think about it, Landry Jones does remind me of Matt Cassel and Nick Foles reminds me of Joe Flacco physically (arm strength, etc.) with Matt Cassel's pocket presence.

Why not consider Brady Quinn?? Young, mobile, smart just never really had a solid chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Why not consider Brady Quinn?? Young, mobile, smart just never really had a solid chance.
    not a bad idea for a backup or a shot to compete as starter.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

I think we need to see what Stanzi has to offer now that Romeo has taken over. One never knows, look at Yates, I believe he was a 5th round pick, (Not sure) but he has stepped up in Houston. If we can have some sort of rotation system in place as Haley was going to do vs Da Bears when Orton got hurt we could see what Stanzi has to offer. I like the Idea of Quinn if he is able to be picked up at a low cost.

Yes I am for real I said he was a good SAFETY I would prefer a LT they protect our QB's who seem to get the S kicked out of them still to this day. Guess what no berry and our defense has been our bright spot our offense is terrible and it has a lot to do with our line hell I would have rather had a NT then Berry even though he is a really good safety.
    Correction......Berry is a great safty! Without him there is no way we win the division and make the playoffs. Its nearly impossible for a rookie to make the probowl and yet Berry did it, this guy is a stud Safety.

I tried to quote Jrudi, page 3, post #28 of this thread and it would not quote.

If we had taken an LOT and kept Cassel there is no way we would have made the playoffs..........Look at the teams who drafted top 10 picks and picked QB's also look at the teams that picked stud LOT's.............These wins and losses don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Correction......Berry is a great safty! Without him there is no way we win the division and make the playoffs. Its nearly impossible for a rookie to make the probowl and yet Berry did it, this guy is a stud Safety.

I tried to quote Jrudi, page 3, post #28 of this thread and it would not quote.

If we had taken an LOT and kept Cassel there is no way we would have made the playoffs..........Look at the teams who drafted top 10 picks and picked QB's also look at the teams that picked stud LOT's.............These wins and losses don't lie.
    You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.

You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.
    You do realize that Bulaga plays RT...If you're trying to say he had more of an effect on the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Aaron Rodgers or the Packers D as a whole, you're crazy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast