Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Default I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You do realize that Bulaga plays RT...If you're trying to say he had more of an effect on the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Aaron Rodgers or the Packers D as a whole, you're crazy.
    That's a ridiculous statement that's a complete over exaggeration and something a little child would say. I think he had more to do with them winning then their SS for sure. Also Bulaga played a LT in college.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement that's a complete over exaggeration and something a little child would say. I think he had more to do with them winning then their SS for sure. Also Bulaga played a LT in college.
    I'm failing to see your point about Bulaga...Basically he was a LT in college, and they don't trust him enough to put him at LT in the NFL. Did he help the Packers win a Super Bowl, sure...Was he a huge part of it? No. In the Super Bowl game, Bulaga was the worst of the Packers O-linemen, giving up a QB hit and 5 pressures. No other Packers O-linemen gave up more than 2 pressures.

By the way, Packers safety Nick Collins had an INT return for a touchdown against the Steelers in the Super Bowl...Did that do little for the Packers? I mean, considering they only won by 6 points, I would have to say that their safety was a huge part of the reason they won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm failing to see your point about Bulaga...Basically he was a LT in college, and they don't trust him enough to put him at LT in the NFL. Did he help the Packers win a Super Bowl, sure...Was he a huge part of it? No. In the Super Bowl game, Bulaga was the worst of the Packers O-linemen, giving up a QB hit and 5 pressures. No other Packers O-linemen gave up more than 2 pressures.

By the way, Packers safety Nick Collins had an INT return for a touchdown against the Steelers in the Super Bowl...Did that do little for the Packers? I mean, considering they only won by 6 points, I would have to say that their safety was a huge part of the reason they won.
    Nick Collins is a FS and was drafted in the second round where you should draft a safety. The point of my argument is a tackle is more important then a safety I think a CB is more important then a safety.

Nick Collins is a FS and was drafted in the second round where you should draft a safety. The point of my argument is a tackle is more important then a safety I think a CB is more important then a safety.
    And just for the record, you were not on the Bulaga train last year...You were rallying for Williams or Okung. From September 20th, 2010:

I'm telling you when he got burnt by a TE and shook out of his undies by rb's I was not impressed. In a couple years he will probably be a good SS right now he's average, but even if he was Polamalu good at this stage I still would have picked up Trent Williams or Russell Okung.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-15-2011 at 10:50 AM.

You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.
    You really believe that one person that's playing RT is the reason they won the Super Bowl? Wow, I'll have what you're having! Yes a lineman is important but there are also four other guys on the line with him. If you're going to say that Bulaga is the reason then you have to believe that the other four guys are the reason they won too.

As for picking Berry and not Bulaga...yes our defense has been a rock in some games but McGraw has been exposed several more times than Berry has or would have been. Berry is a Troy Polamalu/Ed Reed type of player. You saw just as I did how bad Pittsburg became once Polamalu went down you saw the results and they were tangible. So Berry would have made our D even more lock down than it was.

We get that you love lineman and love to tell us how awesome this team would be if only we'd have listened to you and drafted Okung one year and Bulaga last year. Either way we'd still be in the same mess we're in now. Okung would have been injured or IR'd both years and Bulaga would have been the bright spot of the line. Fortunate for us we've had Berry be the bright spot last year and this year was knocked out due to a cheap shot. So in the end it's a wash on # of bright years due to one player.

So the basis of your problem is that we should have waited and drafted a safety in the 2nd round. Berry flat out wouldn't have made it out of the top 15 let alone gone to the 2nd round. Berry was an absolute area of need and we've limped through on lineman but when it came to safety say we passed on Berry. Our lineup would have been McGraw and Lewis. McGraw has as a full time starter been injury prone. So when he goes down we're left with Donald Washington.

If that's ok with you then cool, but personally I'm extremely happy we drafted Berry when and where we did. Now if we're not replacing Richardson in the draft or in free agency I'm going to be very upset. I wouldn't mind several of the guys in the draft but saying they have to be 1st round picks is absurd. Right now of the ten tackles drafted in the 2010 draft five of them aren't available to their team. 2010 NFL draft: Okung, Saffold and tackles - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    So the basis of your problem is that we should have waited and drafted a safety in the 2nd round. Berry flat out wouldn't have made it out of the top 15 let alone gone to the 2nd round. Berry was an absolute area of need and we've limped through on lineman but when it came to safety say we passed on Berry. Our lineup would have been McGraw and Lewis. McGraw has as a full time starter been injury prone. So when he goes down we're left with Donald Washington.

If that's ok with you then cool, but personally I'm extremely happy we drafted Berry when and where we did. Now if we're not replacing Richardson in the draft or in free agency I'm going to be very upset. I wouldn't mind several of the guys in the draft but saying they have to be 1st round picks is absurd. Right now of the ten tackles drafted in the 2010 draft five of them aren't available to their team. 2010 NFL draft: Okung, Saffold and tackles - NFC West Blog - ESPN
    There were other good safeties drafted that year in the later rounds for instance Kam Chancellor was drafted in the fifth.

You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.

We drafted at the #5 spot and Balaga didn't get picked till the #23 . If we had taken Balaga not only would we have looked like the joke of the year we would also not have made the playoffs.

Just for the record, greenbay and the chiefs are tied at 33 with sacks allowed this year. The big difference is they have a real qb and we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    We drafted at the #5 spot and Balaga didn't get picked till the #23 . If we had taken Balaga not only would we have looked like the joke of the year we would also not have made the playoffs.

Just for the record, greenbay and the chiefs are tied at 33 with sacks allowed this year. The big difference is they have a real qb and we don't.
    I would also contribute McCluster blowing numerous blocks on the blitzing man. No reason EVER to have him in there to block.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Fiirst off sir we could have had Bryan Bullaga. Secondly we are still *****ing about our line yet not much stink about a safety dont get me wrong Berry is a good player but he doesn't have the impact of LT or even a RT.
    Are you kidding me???

If you haven't Noticed, Bulla wasn't able to make the jump to LT for the packers, he actually only became the RT because Mark Tauscher got placed on IR after week 4 last year. Also just a reminder: They also drafted Derrick Sherrodd this off season, make's me think they arent' too set on Bullaga becoming the LT anytime soon (there were doubt's about him being able to play LT in the NFL when he was coming out) Hell, Bullaga can't even beat out T.J. Lang (who is now playing LT beacuse Clifton is out) who is actually a Guard and was a 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2009!

You can't honestly think that Bullaga would have made a bigger impact to this team than Berry has!

That's just redonculous!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast