Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Looks Like Orton is Healthy

Hybrid View

Default It Looks Like Orton is Healthy

According to ESPN, Orton is healthy and will start.

New Kansas City starting quarterback Kyle Orton indicated he is healthy after injuring his finger two weeks ago. If he doesn’t suffer a setback, Orton will start Sunday against Green Bay.
    Here is another link to the story on ESPN's AFC West Blog:
    Orton to get rare second chance - AFC West Blog - ESPN
    And:
    Time is running out for McFadden - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Apparently this will be Orton's second game against Green Bay this year, since he played them before he was traded.

According to the Chiefs he is good with short throws and working on the long ball. Either way I would be shocked if he were not under center Sunday, though it will be from the a shotgun in an effort to minimize finger contact.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    According to the Chiefs he is good with short throws and working on the long ball. Either way I would be shocked if he were not under center Sunday, though it will be from the a shotgun in an effort to minimize finger contact.
    and certain death

Either way...Short or Long ball throws, who do we have that can catch all of them? Just Bowe. Slide safety to double coverage on him and our passing game is squib. Although, I think most corners in this league can one one Bowe. Stack the box

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I'm sure the GM seat is on fire at this point. It was reported that Stanzi was getting 40 percent of the snaps this week, I wonder if he may plan on somme sort of a rotation to test the waters with him. I really what to see what both of them can do. Time is running out. Who knows, Stanzi could be a keeper. Look at Yates in Texas......
    Palko has been demoted to 3rd string, so as the projected starter, Orton gets 60% of the snaps and as the backup Stanzi gets the other 40%. That doesn't mean Stanzi will play, but he needs to be ready in case Orton's injured finger prevents him from being effective.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Either way...Short or Long ball throws, who do we have that can catch all of them? Just Bowe. Slide safety to double coverage on him and our passing game is squib. Although, I think most corners in this league can one one Bowe. Stack the box
    Breaston and Baldwin have both shown that they can catch passes and McClain and McCluster can also catch passes out of the backfield. The Packers give up a lot of passing yards, but they make up for it somewhat by forcing turnovers and their offense is able to keep their defense off of the field. You can move the ball on the Packers. Stopping them from moving the ball is the problem.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

You must not have been watching Baldwin or Breaston play this season. To say we have only one guy is *really* not true.

I think for Orton, the key is to not immediately get happy feet. If he starts this game at a panic, that's going to create some ugly things.

I say, first possession, bring in a fat package, I-formation with two tight ends, then play action pass on a straight fly route to the fastest guy. Even if it's incomplete, they'll be thinking about that the rest of the game, and you probably won't see eight in the box.

The packers would be to busy laughing at a line up featuring Pope with either Becht or OConnell to defend the field. Problem is Leonard would jump offside so we would be behind the sticks before we start.

The packers would be to busy laughing at a line up featuring Pope with either Becht or OConnell to defend the field. Problem is Leonard would jump offside so we would be behind the sticks before we start.
    I just looked it up. Pope has 150 receiving yards this year. I wonder if that is more or less than the number of yards he's cost the team in penalties!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Breston is a solid receiver and at the very least you can not just keep a safety deep on Baldwin. I think our problems this year are more Bill Muir than the receivers.

Breston is a solid receiver and at the very least you can not just keep a safety deep on Baldwin. I think our problems this year are more Bill Muir than the receivers.

I agree. Muir was a yes sir man to Haley. What we have been playing is Haley ball. It looks like the same man was calling the shots as in the 2009 season after Haley fired the OC and started calling plays himself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast