Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if this is legit but

At this point I'd bet that Crennel is the front runner for the job.

If RC gets these next two wins, he'll be dug in like a tick on a Alabama hound!

If Romeo has his health all taken care of AND he has a plan on how to make this team a winner I will go along with that, he certainly has the experience.

THe problem with Crennel is that he has had some health challenges and that might be the reason he is not the front runner, I have not heard of any issues with that recently, but I recall that being a consideration when we were looking for a DC.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    If Romeo has his health all taken care of AND he has a plan on how to make this team a winner I will go along with that, he certainly has the experience.

THe problem with Crennel is that he has had some health challenges and that might be the reason he is not the front runner, I have not heard of any issues with that recently, but I recall that being a consideration when we were looking for a DC.
    I thought that was Weis? Remind me what Crennel's health issue where or are.

I think the better Crennel does, the more complicated Pioli's decision becomes.

I think that Pioli had someone in mind when he fired Todd Haley.

RAC winning out could really makes things get ugly for the brass.

I think that was part of the decision for the timing of Haley getting fired.

Had Haley stayed, and The Chiefs beat The Packers, it becomes really difficult to fire him.

He had a hip replaced the year before he bacame the DC here and sit out the year if I am not mistaking but it might have been Wies.

If his health issues haven't hampered his performance as DC or stopped the Chiefs from him for that position I don't see how it would be an obstacle to making him Head Coach.

They may have other reasons why they don't want to make him HC, but I don't see his hip replacement being one of them.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He had a hip replaced the year before he bacame the DC here and sit out the year if I am not mistaking but it might have been Wies.
    you are correct sir. Weis had gall bladder surgery Sept. of last year. Weis just had a hip replacement surgery today. He'll be robo coach. I think he's had both knees done already.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I was warming to the idea last week and am much more on board after today. Let's see how the next two go. If he can at least make these games competitive, I say we make Crennel the HC.
    Not me. Watched him in Cleveland. He's soft on the players. They "like" him. Too much like Herm. And his teams never did anything. I also think he's over-rated as DC. We've been BLOWN OUT 6 times going back to the end of last season. We've had some good games; like pittsburgh, and Green Bay, but how do you let a winless Miami blow you out at home. No consistancy. He hasn't given his teams, or his defense an identity. Looks like a nice guy, and an ok coach, but we need a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Not me. Watched him in Cleveland. He's soft on the players. They "like" him. Too much like Herm. And his teams never did anything. I also think he's over-rated as DC. We've been BLOWN OUT 6 times going back to the end of last season. We've had some good games; like pittsburgh, and Green Bay, but how do you let a winless Miami blow you out at home. No consistancy. He hasn't given his teams, or his defense an identity. Looks like a nice guy, and an ok coach, but we need a lot more than that.

I agree 100% but believe me...From saying that in other threads, you will get hammered over it.

According to a few others here, the blowouts to the defense were caused by the Chiefs poor offense. lmao Go figure that one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast