Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if this is legit but

I hope it is true. But, I don't know if he is the best pick. I want to know he is still hungry to win and work. Plus, we need players that can play.

More crappy reporting from SBNation. Connor quotes Russ Lande as saying that Fisher is the more likely guy right now, but he doesn't say why Lande believes this, which is the most important part of the story!

I did my own research and it turns out he is just quoting a tweet from Lande's twitter account! Lande provides no explanation for why he believes Fisher is the front runner!

I don't mess with twitter. Maybe one of you who has an account could ask him why he believes this?

Here is the original tweet from 5 days ago:
    https://twitter.com/#!/RUSSLANDE/status/146287107202232320
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Don't no if I want a Jeff Fisher Bill Cowher coaching. They are going to what coach 5 years don't think we need to get anther short term coach. But I wouldn't complain if thats who is brought in.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Anybody know of a list of coaches who won a superbowl, retired and led a second team that finished last in their division prior to them taking the helm?

I am not sure I'm 100% in the line of thinking we have to have a name brand coach. I believe it's en vouge to think that way but is it honestly the best approach?
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 12-17-2011 at 10:45 PM.

My understanding is that Fisher has pretty close ties with Jerry Jones and is the most likely successor to Garret in Dallas.
    SHUT IT

I would gladly take Fisher. He almost always had his team at least trying to make the playoffs. I'm not a Romeo fan, in my opinion his defense doesn't play to near their potential. Although depth is also a problem. I'm hoping for a new coach at seasons end. And hopefully we don't have to wait til after the Superbowl like we did for Haley.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Romeo may not eventually get the job, but he certainly gave the front office something to keep in mind during their search.

May be just me, but I've always thought Romeo is the best fit for this job. Definitely meshes well with Pioli, and has done a number for this team's defense in the last few year.

I was warming to the idea last week and am much more on board after today. Let's see how the next two go. If he can at least make these games competitive, I say we make Crennel the HC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast