Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orton might be back here next year.

Default Orton might be back here next year.

It certainly does give the Chiefs options.

With Orton being a restricted FA he could warrant some interest from other teams, and the Chiefs would get compensation if he signs elsewhere (possibly a 2nd or 3rd rounder) The Chiefs may not want to give him the "long term" contract if might want.

Then you look at Cassel, if somehow they get Orton locked up for a year or two, now Pioli may look to shop Cassel around for draft picks or players.

So there are two scenarios that could allow us to get compensation for the situation we are in.

I thin you might still see us draft a QB, regardless of if 1 or both QBs will be here next year.

Or there's a possibility of Both being back next year. It's definitely something that will warrant some action in the off season.

If he does what he did yesterday the next 2 games then I think he will be back. If he struggles and the offense is looking bad again then he won't it's that simple. The lack of TDS might be a rust thing since Orton had not played in a while I hope to see TDS and not Field goals put up the rest of the season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Here is the same story from ESPN:

Is Orton KC's QB of the future? - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Oh geez, what happened to a little level-headedness? This place is getting out of control. Orton the QB of the future? Orton is marginally better than Cassel, he had a good game this weekend, he may have two more good games this season.

Ultimately, I don't see too many team clamoring to get him this offseason. If he has some good games in the next couple of weeks, his stock will go up, if he sucks, he will be playing backup for the Jaguars.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

One more wish...... Orton meeting/beating the Donks for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If he does what he did yesterday the next 2 games then I think he will be back. If he struggles and the offense is looking bad again then he won't it's that simple. The lack of TDS might be a rust thing since Orton had not played in a while I hope to see TDS and not Field goals put up the rest of the season.
    Friday Romeo said they were a little sloppy when they did the goal line situational work. Looks like it carried over to the game, I agree with the liine of thinking that it is just not having all that much time to work with the ones.

Even into this week he was splitting reps with Stanzi, now how much on Friday we dont know, but this week he will be the starter from Wed to game day so there should be improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Oh geez, what happened to a little level-headedness? This place is getting out of control. Orton the QB of the future? Orton is marginally better than Cassel, he had a good game this weekend, he may have two more good games this season.

Ultimately, I don't see too many team clamoring to get him this offseason. If he has some good games in the next couple of weeks, his stock will go up, if he sucks, he will be playing backup for the Jaguars.
    Personally I think it was the change in coaching and the resulting improvement in the game plan and motivation level that made him look so good. Im not ready for him to take over, and I dont think I will be by the end of hte season unless he puts up 2-3 passing TDs in each game. I personally think having a QB controversy is going to hurt any team (because it means you dont have one QB throwing to the 1st team all the time, so they dont have as much time to build rapport). I would hope that Pioli and (insert name of new head coach yet to be named) make a decision on one of them and try to get something (later round draft picks?) out of the other one.

The knock on Orton has been that he is gold between the 20's and can't finish a drive. Interesting. I still want to see what he can do with a little more time being the guy the next couple weeks. The fact he made our offense work yesterday was a huge step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The knock on Orton has been that he is gold between the 20's and can't finish a drive. Interesting. I still want to see what he can do with a little more time being the guy the next couple weeks. The fact he made our offense work yesterday was a huge step forward.
    I will take gold between the 20's any day over copper between the goal lines.

With the return of Charles next year (I hope) and possibly getting another solid RB, that could help the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast