Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: orton better then cassel

Default orton better then cassel

Anyone who thinks otherwise i don't know what to tell you. I don't ever remember cassel moving the Offense like this this yera

Quote Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet View Post
    Orton is not an elite QB, and nobody should crown his *** just yet. But he is a big step up from Cassel. Cassel needs to be gone next year no matter who we end up with at QB.
    How about we keep him for third string so we can let Palko go.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    You could easily change that statement to this:

You have to compare our offense without Haley to our offense with Haley and, yesterday at least, it was much improved.

The problem is that was not the only thing that was different. I dont think we can take any solid conclusions about Orton v Cassel right now.

We had a new HC that the players seemed to rally around (did anyone notice D.Bowe playfully wiping the gatorade out of Romeo's eyes after they dumped the gatorade on him - no chance he would have done that with Haley).

We had an offensive game plan (when they keep blitzing, lets start running screen passes) that made sense and reacted to what GB was showing us.

I will admit I was a big fan of Haley, but our offensive game plan was way better than it has been since Weis announced he was leaving.
    This is all true and I'm sure The coaching change and the game plan helped contribute to his success. But we can't go back and replay the game with Cassel at QB to get a side-by-side comparison.

When one player comes in and replaces another you can look at all of the things around that position that are different and use those circumstances to discredit the new players improved play.

But when Orton plays better than Cassel, the most proximate cause, that is the change that was closest to the QB position is the QB himself. We can speculate all we want on how Cassel would have done if he had played, but he didn't. Orton did and as such he deserves much of the credit for the improved play.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    look Orton and the whole team played great today! however as i have posted before this was a perfect trap game scenario for the pack. lets not get carried away about anything yet, there is a good chance if we had to replay the pack next week they win by 40pts. they had no info on this game to prepare a gameplan for and we had plenty. wait till the end of the season , after we play the broncs and raders again to see if we continue to look like a new team or if we revert to the haley CHIEFS! i for one expect us to look better and win these games but not to be dominant against either one. we will eek out 2 wins and that is just fine w/me and finish 8-8 which is a whole lot better than it looked just a few weeks ago.
    The nut, is not such a nut after all.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Look, Orton played his first game Sunday as a Chief, He did well for his first game. In fact he put up better numbers than Cassel does on the average. This team played their heart out and beat the undefeated (For 20 games) world Champs, Lets just savor that moment. Why did they play so well, because they BELIEVE! They believe in Romeo Crennel and they Believe in Kyle Orton. I was always one of the people that blamed injuries on our past performance. I ate the biggest plate of freaking Crow last Sunday night and I freaking liked it, This team lost faith with Cassel and Haley and his Palkonater. Canning Haley was the best thing that could have happen. If the Chiefs and Orton do well these next two games then Crennel needs to remain as well as Orton. So no more crap about their second to worst defense and all the other nip picking, WE BEAT THE PACKERS! ENJOY IT!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678