Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The important things we learned today:

Default The important things we learned today:

1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    All points are valid. Orton will want to be here if he can continue with the success like he had today. Honestly, there are few teams that will pay him much and very few that will make him a starter. I like Cassel and would love to see him light it up next year, BUT if Orton is the X factor that ignites this offense, then sign him and make him the starter. I, for one, am not ready to give up on Cassel. But I am all for making the best guy our QB, whichever one can perform consistently. I really think we don't need to think about drafting a QB now. Let's get the OL beefed up and have a QB gunfight.
    We got a QB that can read defenses and a HC that can LEAD! Better late than never!!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We got a QB that can read defenses
    No, we don't.....at least not for more than the next 2 weeks. It is far from certain we can keep him past then.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    No, we don't.....at least not for more than the next 2 weeks. It is far from certain we can keep him past then.
    You can say that about any free agent. But right now he is a CHIEF and we will have first shot at him - if he wants to stay around. And why wouldn't he? He just defeated the undefeated SB champs! He's from the midwest. And most importantly, he can see that this team is (finally) doing the right things to win. I believe that Orton (and the rest of the players) will love playing for RC.
    I would like to take this opportunity to eat a side dish of crow. Tasty.
    SHUT IT

Playing the Raiders and the Broncos will be a another major test for Orton. So far I like what I see and hopefully he can keep it up

We got a QB that can read defenses and a HC that can LEAD! Better late than never!!!
    Again, with time to read and throw, he was successful. This is by no means the beginning and end of evaluating Orton. Denver D will put far more pressure on our OL than the 2nd worst defense in the league. This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton. You cannot discount how bad GB defense has been. But our defense stepped up and kept it from becoming a shootout that GB would have won-easily.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Again, with time to read and throw, he was successful. This is by no means the beginning and end of evaluating Orton. Denver D will put far more pressure on our OL than the 2nd worst defense in the league. This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton. You cannot discount how bad GB defense has been. But our defense stepped up and kept it from becoming a shootout that GB would have won-easily.
    All I know is the guy seemed to make quick reads. Are you seriously giving GB's (bad? 19 straight wins? SB champs?) defense the credit for the Chiefs win today?
    SHUT IT

But before I get too excited, I want to see us beat the Raiders and Denver and do it with touchdowns not Field Goals.

Ummm... I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat Jesus and the Broncos, and the Raiders, I'm good with it.

We could score on a safety, and as long as that's more points than the others? It's good.

All I know is the guy seemed to make quick reads. Are you seriously giving GB's (bad? 19 straight wins? SB champs?) defense the credit for the Chiefs win today?
    "This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton."

NFL Stats: by Team Category

After today, they are now the 32nd ranked defense. So yes, I stand by my comment that this game was more a reflection of our defense stopping Green Bay than our offense looking good. I am glad our offense looked so much better, but that does not mean as much playing THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL!

Really, does anyone read and comprehend what is written? Or do people read into what someone writes what they want it to say? Let's clarify:
    1) Our defense stopped the #1 offense.
    2) Our offense won against the (now) worst defense in the NFL.

Does that reflect better on the offense or the defense? That's simple enough. I think that can't be misunderstood or misconstrued.

We learned that we are still alive in the playoff hunt, although we need help. We have to win the last two, the broncos have to lose next week at buffalo and the chargers have to lose once more. Its really not all that far fetched

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast