Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The important things we learned today:

Default The important things we learned today:

1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

Don't mind all this squabbling going on. It has been a tough season for us.....losing season. BLOWOUTS....coach fired....
    No worries....you guys remind me alot of the Atlanta Falcons fans. Friendly....courteous.....students of the game. Just because we both have NFL teams shouldn't mean that we have to hate each others guts.

Go to purplepride.com, that Minnesota Vikings fan-site. Look at the dirty, filthy things they post up about us. Can't keep a civil tongue in their heads.

But back OT, you guys have a good team.

This Tamba Hali guy is a BEAST.

Believe me, we Green Bay Packer fans would MUCH rather have lost to KC than say, Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockwaveRider View Post
    You learned that you can even defeat the defending NFL World Champion Green Bay Packers if you can rush the QB with four or at a maximum, five guys and drop six or seven guys into effective man-to-man coverage.

Honestly? As a completely disinterested (in your team) football fan (since 1959)?

You guys seem to have PLENTY of talent on your team.

The only logical reason for a 6-8 record is poor coaching.

OK, I'll go away now and try to "get over" 13-1.

ShockwaveRider
    Crooked Lake, Wisconsin

Thanks for the complement. It was a good game. I thought Rodgers was going to pull it out for a minute. Good luck in the playoffs!

No worries....you guys remind me alot of the Atlanta Falcons fans. Friendly....courteous.....students of the game. Just because we both have NFL teams shouldn't mean that we have to hate each others guts.

Go to purplepride.com, that Minnesota Vikings fan-site. Look at the dirty, filthy things they post up about us. Can't keep a civil tongue in their heads.

But back OT, you guys have a good team.

This Tamba Hali guy is a BEAST.

Believe me, we Green Bay Packer fans would MUCH rather have lost to KC than say, Chicago.
    I have a lot of respect in your fan base as well. My sister married into a family of Packers fans. There was a lot of trash talk on both sides going into the game but it was all fun in nature. You guys are going to be fine. You still have a shot to win it all. As good as any team left. Now you won't have the pressure of all the media attention about being unbeaten. See we were kind enough to do you a favor

Hali is REALLY underrated. As are a number of guys on this team. This team showed yesterday that they are closer to being a contender then what many want to believe.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thanks for the kind words ShockwaveRider!
    This line made me

I'm an even bigger Bear fan than I am a Chiefs fan so either way I would've been happy. But you know aht would make me really happy?

If both teams beat the Packers!

The way the Bears have been playing lately, though I don't see that happening. But I didn't see the Chiefs winning either so you never know ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    See we were kind enough to do you a favor
    Well, quite frankly, it's pointless to cry over spilled milk.

The Green Bay Packers goals were obviously to "win as many games as possible", "make the playoffs" and "win the Super Bowl". I heard no mention of "winning every single game". Of course that would have been nice.

It's the national media that's been blabbing about "the greatest team ever" blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. Better than the '96 Packers with Brett Favre, Reggie White, Sean Jones, LeRoy Butler, Antonio Freeman et al? Better than the '66 Packers with Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, Carrol Dale, Ray Nitchske, Willie Davis etc al?

Um.....no. This is not even the greatest PACKER team of all time. A great run of victories no doubt.

We're in trouble....with our OL injuries and such.

Our team looks tired and worn out.

Maybe the bye week will help.

Once again, congrats on the win and......

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Injuries are an excuse, and Green Bay is going to use that excuse for losing this game. Howie Long post game already started doing that. frankly, green bay came in here thinking this was going to be a blow out and they were surprised like many other people. A lot of money was made in Vegas today.
    But did they not win last year with basically their 2nd team? Was that not what all the talking heads were falling over last year? How GB did it anyway,(no disrespect to GB) with out all their starters. It was predictable what they(talking heads) were going to say after this game. I told my wife at the final that would be the "lead" for them -too many injuries.
    On any Sunday.......

Living in Chicago, I kind of like the Packers. It's probably perverse that I really enjoy watching the locals squirm, but oh well.

I've been a fan of Orton's for a while. He's no superstar, but he's not bad.

I think Cassel plays scared. I think he spends more time worrying about not making a mistake, than making a play. Haley, I think he was coaching to not lose. Bad combo. Makes for no offense.

I think it would be great if we could resign Orton, and get some value for Cassel. Maybe a 5th or something. I don't know if we can get much higher than that.

I think Orton starting with Stanzi learning sounds good.

In 2010 the Packers lost:

RB Ryan Grant, ankle (major)
    RT Mark Tauscher, shoulder (major)
    ILB Nick Barnett, wrist (major)
    S Morgan Burnett, knee (major)
    OLB Brandon Chillar, shoulder (major)
    FB Quinn Johnson, glute (minor)
    TE JerkMichael Finley, hamstring (major)
    NT Ryan Pickett, ankle (major)
    TE Donald Lee, shoulder (minor)
    ST Derrick Lee, shoulder (minor)
    OLB Frank Zombo, knee (major)

Then the Packers briefly lost.....

QB Aaron Rodgers, concussion (MAJOR)
    ILB Clay Matthews (MAJOR)

.....but they returned for the playoffs.

In 2010 the Packers lost:

RB Ryan Grant, ankle (major)
    RT Mark Tauscher, shoulder (major)
    ILB Nick Barnett, wrist (major)
    S Morgan Burnett, knee (major)
    OLB Brandon Chillar, shoulder (major)
    FB Quinn Johnson, glute (minor)
    TE JerkMichael Finley, hamstring (major)
    NT Ryan Pickett, ankle (major)
    TE Donald Lee, shoulder (minor)
    ST Derrick Lee, shoulder (minor)
    OLB Frank Zombo, knee (major)

Then the Packers briefly lost.....

QB Aaron Rodgers, concussion (MAJOR)
    ILB Clay Matthews (MAJOR)

.....but they returned for the playoffs.
    And that's a big reason why they lost 6 games in the regular season and barely snuck into the playoffs. Their outstanding depth was just enough to get them through and a lot of those players were healthy for the playoffs (if I remember right).

You have to give the team credit for the backups who stepped in and played well. The Packers got hot at the right time and have been hot ever since.

... until last Sunday, of course.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456