Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The important things we learned today:

Default The important things we learned today:

1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

Quote Originally Posted by raiderhater79 View Post
    Playing the Raiders and the Broncos will be a another major test for Orton. So far I like what I see and hopefully he can keep it up

100% agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Ummm... I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat Jesus and the Broncos, and the Raiders, I'm good with it.

We could score on a safety, and as long as that's more points than the others? It's good.
    Agreed.....A win is a win and any win is good.

But if we are going to be a Superbowl team again in my lifetime we're going to have to have an offense that does a better job of scoring TDs once we get into the red zone than we did today.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    5) Kyle Orton can do a lot with good WR's

Kyle Orton has done well with one very good reciever and a corp of average recievers.

If he truly had 3 very good ones, the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).
    1) The offense can move the ball better with Orton.

2) Celebration is good!

3) A fresh, younger lineman would help run and pass.

4) Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Kyle Orton has done well with one very good reciever and a corp of average recievers.

If he truly had 3 very good ones, the sky is the limit.
    Look at Brandon Lloyd's career prior and after playing with Orton he's very average.

-Orton is better than Palko (I had to get a PhD to notice this)
    -Orton wasn't very accurate, but well enough and made intelligent decisions.
    -Our offense can't score TD's, so we need a new OC
    -We are not far from great
    -D line isn't that awful

I don't think offensive play calling was a lot different, but execution made the difference. A lot of short screen passes, a lot of YAC, a few long passes (but didn't get to GB hands).
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The important thing I learned today is that Haley was taking this team in the wrong direction.

Congratulations - CHIEFS!

If a QB change can make this kind of difference in one game and in the future (will know in next 2 weeks) then was Haley the problem?

Who wanted Cassell? Was it Pioli or Haley?

Who wanted Orton? Pioli or Haley?

Do you think that there is a possibilty that Haley has been working with what was given to him?

Do you think Orton would have been just as successful had Haley been there?

Just like the thread where folks were excited about Bowe celebrating with Romeo...Yes, he was celebrating but it does not mean he was celebrating Haley's departure...he could have been celebrating the FACT that they actually had a QB that could lead the team!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If a QB change can make this kind of difference in one game and in the future (will know in next 2 weeks) then was Haley the problem?

Who wanted Cassell? Was it Pioli or Haley?

Who wanted Orton? Pioli or Haley?

Do you think that there is a possibilty that Haley has been working with what was given to him?

Do you think Orton would have been just as successful had Haley been there?

Just like the thread where folks were excited about Bowe celebrating with Romeo...Yes, he was celebrating but it does not mean he was celebrating Haley's departure...he could have been celebrating the FACT that they actually had a QB that could lead the team!!
    Yes I now think Haley was the problem it is apearent that he was the one that was playing Plako period. Romeo said that Plako was not the starter and it was going to be the rookie if Orton could not go so that means Haley made the decision to stick with Plako. The front office saw these things that we the public did not and I am sure that went into the decision to fire him. I personally like Haley but things were going on that I do not know about.

I bet it was Pioli that wanted Cassel with the NE ties.

No idea who wanted Orton don't know if we ever will.

Well Romeo had the same 53 players Haley had and they looked a lot better yesterday than they have in the last 6 weeks so that can not be an excuse.

Now I really don't think Orton would have looked near as good with Haley here the play calling was so much different than the past with the play action, screens and end runs. From some of the players coments I think everyone had fun yesterday and did not feel like they had to be prefect and do other players job they were more relaxed and playing (having fun) again.

I agree but I also think the players are more relaxed and not walking on egg shells and having to be prefect or suffer the rath of Haley. They like Romeo and respect him and I don't think Haley ever had the respect but it was fear that keep players in line. Now those are just my thoughts but watching the game yesterday and how all the players played he seems that way to me. Now lets see if they continue the next two games the same way.

You learned that you can even defeat the defending NFL World Champion Green Bay Packers if you can rush the QB with four or at a maximum, five guys and drop six or seven guys into effective man-to-man coverage.

Honestly? As a completely disinterested (in your team) football fan (since 1959)?

You guys seem to have PLENTY of talent on your team.

The only logical reason for a 6-8 record is poor coaching.

OK, I'll go away now and try to "get over" 13-1.

ShockwaveRider
    Crooked Lake, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ShockwaveRider View Post
    Honestly? As a completely disinterested (in your team) football fan (since 1959)?

You guys seem to have PLENTY of talent on your team.
    Yes we do. Not only a lot of talent, but also quite a bit of YOUNG talent.

Don't mind all this squabbling going on. It has been a tough season for us.....losing season. BLOWOUTS....coach fired....

We're all scrambling trying to figure out who to blame and how to fix it.....and naturally we don't all completely agree.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast