Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The important things we learned today:

Default The important things we learned today:

1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    whatever... we won this game because the Chiefs have too many injuries...

... wait...
    Injuries are an excuse, and Green Bay is going to use that excuse for losing this game. Howie Long post game already started doing that. frankly, green bay came in here thinking this was going to be a blow out and they were surprised like many other people. A lot of money was made in Vegas today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Injuries are an excuse, and Green Bay is going to use that excuse for losing this game. Howie Long post game already started doing that. frankly, green bay came in here thinking this was going to be a blow out and they were surprised like many other people. A lot of money was made in Vegas today.
    Fox was already making excuses at the end of the game. Claiming that there was a bad call. Funny how they NEVER talk about Hali being CLEARLY held in the endzone that should have been a safety or any other time that he's held.

People can make all the excuses in the world WE HAVE INJURIES TO. The scoreboard will talk enough for those who no football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How can you make injury excuses? Look at Kansas City. Howie Long is a joke and just angry because he hates KC.

How about Hali? Can you even defend that man without penalties?

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35izoz/

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    How can you make injury excuses? Look at Kansas City. Howie Long is a joke and just angry because he hates KC.

How about Hali? Can you even defend that man without penalties?

Seriously Are You Serious - get held all day get 3 sacks
    What do you expect from an ex faider. Class?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    What do you expect from an ex faider. Class?
    Howie is an unapologetic F*ckland Traider. I expect no less. His hatred of KC is welcomed by me, though. It makes my seething, boiling hatred of F*ckland that much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Howie is an unapologetic F*ckland Traider. I expect no less. His hatred of KC is welcomed by me, though. It makes my seething, boiling hatred of F*ckland that much stronger.
    I just never listen to him because he is so biased in his coverage just not of the Cheifs but other teams if they are the teams that he picked then he makes excueses for them but if they are not his picked team then they get no credit. The problem is he is wrong as much as he is correct.

So he can kiss my

I'm as excited about this win as anyone.....Feels like being let out of HE!! after a long stay.....but I think some folks are getting a little carried away....

First.....Our D was great....they are the first D to hold GB to under 24 points all season. Despite Hali being all but hogtied by holding most of the game he was in Rogers face most of the day and managed 3 sacks. No doubt our D brought their "A" game today. But then the D has always been good this year when they brought their "A" game. They still need to show they can do it every game....even when we are down by 7 or 10 or 14 points....None the less, holding GB to 14 points was a GREAT accomplishment.

Our O looked pretty good out there. NOTHING like what we have seen most of this season. IMO out O-line played far and away their best game of the season.

That said....GB looked nothing like the team that has been blowing people out. I think they looked past us and forgot the "Any given Sunday" rule. And, like us, they had some injuries and we gave them a few more.

Orton was impressive. He threw behind some receivers especially in the first half, but he did very well given the how little time he has had working with this offense.

So there is lots of good in this game, but 1 game does not a season make.

I think there are real questions about whether Orton has any interest in playing for the Chiefs next year. He played well for us today.....far better than Palko or Cassel has this year but then our O-line did too. I hope we can resign Orton but I am far from certain we can.

A GREAT win today and it certainly shows that despite the overwhelming injuries we have had this season we still have a lot of great talent.....And much of it is young talent.

But before I get too excited, I want to see us beat the Raiders and Denver and do it with touchdowns not Field Goals.

All points are valid. Orton will want to be here if he can continue with the success like he had today. Honestly, there are few teams that will pay him much and very few that will make him a starter. I like Cassel and would love to see him light it up next year, BUT if Orton is the X factor that ignites this offense, then sign him and make him the starter. I, for one, am not ready to give up on Cassel. But I am all for making the best guy our QB, whichever one can perform consistently. I really think we don't need to think about drafting a QB now. Let's get the OL beefed up and have a QB gunfight.

who's Howie Long??? oh. 1st row 2nd seat big mouth
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

The important thing I learned today is that Haley was taking this team in the wrong direction.

Congratulations - CHIEFS!
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast