Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sign Bowe Long Term

Default Sign Bowe Long Term

I think he made it clear today. If he gets good balls thrown is way, he will make plays as good as anyone. We need to make it a top priority to get this man resigned long term.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yeah. Maybe they should draft a WR and sign one who is a free agent.

Wait. That's what they did this year.
    You point is?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You point is?
    His point is that we did draft WR's this year to complete out our front line. You want to worry about the water flowing over the dam instead of the water leaking out of holes in the dam. Let's fix those holes and then worry about the depth you seem to want so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    His point is that we did draft WR's this year to complete out our front line. You want to worry about the water flowing over the dam instead of the water leaking out of holes in the dam. Let's fix those holes and then worry about the depth you seem to want so badly.

Since '03 we have drafted 8 tackles and 3 guards. not to mention the other signings/moves/trades with or from other teams.

We go through more linemen than Rosie O'Donnell and bags of potato chips.

Every year I hear the riff raff about needing linemen.

Apparently what we need is soemone that can scout GOOD talent for all positions.

Since '03 we have drafted 8 tackles and 3 guards. not to mention the other signings/moves/trades with or from other teams.

Apparently what we need is soemone that can scout GOOD talent for all positions.
    The average NFL player plays for 3 years, that's 11 linemen in 8 years. I'll take that and that bag of chips because it's lunch time and I'm hungry dang it!

You probably were yelling at the tv this Sunday too when we were inside the 5 yard line and couldn't get the push to get our guy in the end zone until the fifth try. But nah, we don't need better linemen.

Correct. If we refuse to address the WR's once again, there will never be a group of linemen to provide good enough protection to throw the ball.

3 seconds vs. 5 seconds is a big freegin deal.

It's 7 OTs, and only one in the first three rounds, that one being OG Branden Albert.

Meanwhile, we have drafted 10 WRs in the same time period, two first rounders, and a second round pick.

The reason you keep hearing about the O-line is because it continues to be an area of serious need.

I think we have done a good job of building the inside of the line. And we have seen some real improvement there, just this season.

But the group, as a whole, is still lacking.

I think, if we get one OT (either side) and get a better offensive system in place, they can be a real strength for this team.

But, they have been a liability, more than they have not been, for about five years now.

And, unless that changes, get used to hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    The average NFL player plays for 3 years, that's 11 linemen in 8 years. I'll take that and that bag of chips because it's lunch time and I'm hungry dang it!

You probably were yelling at the tv this Sunday too when we were inside the 5 yard line and couldn't get the push to get our guy in the end zone until the fifth try. But nah, we don't need better linemen.

For the record, I have coached O-line and D-line and I am well aware of how important they are. However, I also know that when you have "lesser" targets in the passing game and/or a QB that cannot hit the targets, the defense can play 1-1 coverage and pressure the opposing offensive line, thus crippling the running game as well.

When you are out numbered, it makes e few things more difficult to do, period.

For the record, I have coached O-line and D-line and I am well aware of how important they are. However, I also know that when you have "lesser" targets in the passing game and/or a QB that cannot hit the targets, the defense can play 1-1 coverage and pressure the opposing offensive line, thus crippling the running game as well.

When you are out numbered, it makes e few things more difficult to do, period.
    That would be all well and good.......

...if we were guilty of a lot of coverage sacks.

Unfortunately, we rarely get to hold the football long enough to consider a sack a coverage sack.

Bowe is extremely good. And his numbers would be among the elites, if we were A.) Passing more frequently, and B.) Not hurried to throw through most of the year.

You point is?
    Wait... Are you serious?

You said:
    If we refuse to address the WR's once again
    ...and I said:
    Yeah. Maybe they should draft a WR and sign one who is a free agent.

Wait. That's what they did this year.
    How is this going over your head?

Let me spell it out for you. The Chiefs have NOT refused to address the WR position. In fact they just did address the wide receiver position! You may not like who they got, but to say they refused to address the position is simply untrue.

What would you have them do? Draft 3 WRs? Sign 3 WRs in free agency?

Please define "address" in this context.

Maybe I'm the one who isn't getting it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Wait... Are you serious?

You said:

...and I said:

How is this going over your head?

Let me spell it out for you. The Chiefs have NOT refused to address the WR position. In fact they just did address the wide receiver position! You may not like who they got, but to say they refused to address the position is simply untrue.

What would you have them do? Draft 3 WRs? Sign 3 WRs in free agency?

Please define "address" in this context.

Maybe I'm the one who isn't getting it.
    Pardon me Roy....My intent was to say "UPGRADE" the WR positions..ALL of them.

Yes they have been ADDRESSED as well as the O-LINE, I suppose! LOL!

I love this thread!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast