Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sign Bowe Long Term

Default Sign Bowe Long Term

I think he made it clear today. If he gets good balls thrown is way, he will make plays as good as anyone. We need to make it a top priority to get this man resigned long term.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Pardon me Roy....My intent was to say "UPGRADE" the WR positions..ALL of them.

Yes they have been ADDRESSED as well as the O-LINE, I suppose! LOL!
    Who exactly do you propose we go out and get? As we've already danced around Breaston is 37th in the league as a receiver. Bowe is 15th in the league and for not being a pass happy team I'd say that's amazing. Baldwin is a rookie and if you're willing to throw out a rookie then wow.

Here's all the people above Bowe:
    1) Wes Welker (WR) - free agent in 2012
    2) Calvin Johnson (WR) - free agent in 2013
    3) Steve Smith (WR) - free agent in 2013
    4) Victor Cruz (WR) - restricted free agent in 2013
    6) Jimmy Graham,(TE) - Moeaki is coming back
    7) Larry Fitzgerald (WR) - free agent in 2019
    8) Rob Gronkowski (TE) - Moeaki is coming back
    9) Roddy White (WR) - free agent in 2015
    10) Mike Wallace (WR) - restricted free agent in 2012
    11) Hakeem Nicks (WR) - free agent in 2014
    12) Vincent Jackson (WR) - free agent in 2012
    13) Brandon Marshall (WR) - free agent in 2015
    14) A.J. Green (WR) - rookie, restricted free agent in 2015

I didn't look at the TE's since you want better WR's. So with that Wes Welker and Mike Wallace are available in 2012 and if you think the Pats don't resign Welker you're out of your mind. Wallace I admittedly don't know much about. Past him though who are these amazing receivers you're going to bring in that will put all of ours to shame?

Not to mention that Wallace has a 100 more yards than Bowe. If you take out Palko and put in a QB that should actually be starting I'd say that Bowe is at the same level as Wallace. Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Who exactly do you propose we go out and get? As we've already danced around Breaston is 37th in the league as a receiver. Bowe is 15th in the league and for not being a pass happy team I'd say that's amazing. Baldwin is a rookie and if you're willing to throw out a rookie then wow.

Here's all the people above Bowe:
    1) Wes Welker (WR) - free agent in 2012
    2) Calvin Johnson (WR) - free agent in 2013
    3) Steve Smith (WR) - free agent in 2013
    4) Victor Cruz (WR) - restricted free agent in 2013
    6) Jimmy Graham,(TE) - Moeaki is coming back
    7) Larry Fitzgerald (WR) - free agent in 2019
    8) Rob Gronkowski (TE) - Moeaki is coming back
    9) Roddy White (WR) - free agent in 2015
    10) Mike Wallace (WR) - restricted free agent in 2012
    11) Hakeem Nicks (WR) - free agent in 2014
    12) Vincent Jackson (WR) - free agent in 2012
    13) Brandon Marshall (WR) - free agent in 2015
    14) A.J. Green (WR) - rookie, restricted free agent in 2015

I didn't look at the TE's since you want better WR's. So with that Wes Welker and Mike Wallace are available in 2012 and if you think the Pats don't resign Welker you're out of your mind. Wallace I admittedly don't know much about. Past him though who are these amazing receivers you're going to bring in that will put all of ours to shame?

Not to mention that Wallace has a 100 more yards than Bowe. If you take out Palko and put in a QB that should actually be starting I'd say that Bowe is at the same level as Wallace. Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?
    Are you making this a personal attack with the Swammy reference? ;-)

We can keep Bowe but as I have said before, I could care less if he stays or goes. My opinion, which I am entitled to, is that Bowe could do better as our #1 but I won't get into that right now.

I admit that Breaston was a very good pick-up is a move in the right direction. That being said, here is what I think about the whole WR deal in a nutshell:

Keep Bowe and Breaston but NEED a Colston or Garcon or Wallace to really pose a passing threat anywhere on the field. The ones we have left can continue to develop, IE Baldwin, etc.

From there, spend all the picks or signings where ever you deem neccessary.

The Swami has spoken....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Are you making this a personal attack with the Swammy reference? ;-)

We can keep Bowe but as I have said before, I could care less if he stays or goes. My opinion, which I am entitled to, is that Bowe could do better as our #1 but I won't get into that right now.

I admit that Breaston was a very good pick-up is a move in the right direction. That being said, here is what I think about the whole WR deal in a nutshell:

Keep Bowe and Breaston but NEED a Colston or Garcon or Wallace to really pose a passing threat anywhere on the field. The ones we have left can continue to develop, IE Baldwin, etc.

From there, spend all the picks or signings where ever you deem neccessary.

The Swami has spoken....LOL
    Nope, not a personal attack but I'm sure you figured that out. I always liked the Johnny Carson/Ed McMahon swammy skit. Any time I use the word swammy I can see him tearing open that envelope. Anyway, you get the idea.

Segwaying into ideas, I like the idea of picking one of those guys up. However if we do I think it stunts the growth of Baldwin who's been doing better as the season progresses. Won't be upset if we did that although I still think we have enough holes in the team to spend the money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?
    We could trade Hali, Flowers and Charles for Calvin Johnson.

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    I think he made it clear today. If he gets good balls thrown is way, he will make plays as good as anyone. We need to make it a top priority to get this man resigned long term.

+1. For once, we have a really talented batch of recievers. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123