Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Orton interview

Default Kyle Orton interview

On the game: “That was a good football team we beat. The coaches put together a good game plan for us. Everybody on offense, everybody on the team did their job. They didn’t try to do too much. We beat a really good football team.”

Did you have an advantage having faced this team already this season? “It is always better to be able to see a team twice. Having said that they beat me the first time. That’s a good football team. They have a great chance to win the Super Bowl. We are happy we played together as a team. Our coaches coached great and we got a big win.”

Where does this game rank in your career? “This about the most fun as I’ve had on the football field. You go through practice and all that stuff but your teammates don’t really know you until you get in that huddle. That’s a special time for me, inside the huddle. I kind of turn into [another] person. I think everybody took it well. We had a lot of fun and battled together.”

Before scoring the touchdown, was it frustrating having only field goals on previous trips to the Red Zone? “We just kept on pressing. We kept on pushing and kept on fighting. Obviously, when you are playing an offense on the other side, which is so prolific, you want to come away with touchdowns. We talked about it all week. They did a good job on their goal-line defense and we couldn’t punch it in. It’s a team win. We kicked field goals and special teams played outstanding and we made enough plays on offense.”

Did it help to be named the starter early in the week? “Yes, not only for me but for all my teammates too. No matter what, the quarterback has to lead the team through the week of practice and lead them into the game. I always try to be the most prepared guy on the field and go out a play well for my team.”

What did they ask you to do in the game? “I thought our tight ends showed up. I don’t know if [Coach] expected them to catch that many passes but they were open and did a great job. They made some big plays. [Leonard] Pope made a couple of really big plays for us. Anthony [Becht] on the naked we ran to get the touchdown was a huge play. I think everybody stepped up. It was a total team win. It wasn’t just one guy. It wasn’t just one coach. It was everybody fighting together for a win.”

How do you deal with moving around and the uncertainty of the future? “We play Oakland next week. That’s the only thing that you think about. We had so much to think about this week. We played a great team in the Packers and now we will go play a big rival in the Oakland Raiders and try to go get a win.”

Was this the most excited you have ever seen a locker room? “I’ve played in a Super Bowl so it’s hard to say. All teams are different, with different personalities and that’s the tough thing coming into a team late in the season; you haven’t had training camp, you haven’t had all those grueling practices to get to know the guys. They haven’t had those practices to get to know me so it was a crash course on the field. I thought everybody gelled together and played hard for each other and got the big win.”

What’s the key to keeping the ball for 36 minutes? “I think that was the key to the game. We talked about it all week. I thought we did a great job of having success on first down. We ran a bunch of second-and-three, second-and-four plays. We could throw play action, we could run the ball, we could take shots and we did them all. I thought Bill [Muir] called a great game, was aggressive and gave us a great chance to have success.”

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    That just proves that Haley's hand was in the play calling too much.
    Haley did not call the game when Orton was there. He was calling it for Palko. BIG difference.

Don't be so quick to choke him out.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    May be that haley had the leash held really tight and maybe muir can call plays.

I find it quite coincidental that Haley gets canned the week before Orton gets another start.

Had Orton not been injured in his first game, all of you may be sniffing Haley's jock strap right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I find it quite coincidental that Haley gets canned the week before Orton gets another start.

Had Orton not been injured in his first game, all of you may be sniffing Haley's jock strap right about now.
    This is absurd. Haley had the opportunity to start orton before and after the chicago game. Carson palmer came in for an unproductive qb with no practice. Haley was making a choice to start palko who should have never been on this team.

By the by this was ortons first start and romeo said if he couldnt go it would be stanzi. I liked haley but it is apparent he was the problem.

This is absurd. Haley had the opportunity to start orton before and after the chicago game. Carson palmer came in for an unproductive qb with no practice. Haley was making a choice to start palko who should have never been on this team.

By the by this was ortons first start and romeo said if he couldnt go it would be stanzi. I liked haley but it is apparent he was the problem.
    Palmer did not have an injured index finger on his throwing hand either...Jeeez!!

Prove that Haley had the chance to start him....You can't because you don;t know!

Palmer did not have an injured index finger on his throwing hand either...Jeeez!!

Prove that Haley had the chance to start him....You can't because you don;t know!
    Well I will guarantee you Haley had a chance to start Stanzi and if Orton could not have started Romeo would have.

Well I will guarantee you Haley had a chance to start Stanzi and if Orton could not have started Romeo would have.
    That still proves nothing! You do not know that Stanzi was or IS better...Haley seen him practice..lol

Haley did not call the game when Orton was there. He was calling it for Palko. BIG difference.

Don't be so quick to choke him out.
    Don't be to quick to choke who out? But he was here for when Cassel was playing and calling plays and how many 3 and outs did he have? Only 3 things changed for this game than the other 14 games one HC, two QB and three the play calling you tell me the reason. I was agreeing with the original poster that Haley was apparently in the play calling to much either that or before the games he said this is what I want and that is the way it was called out of fear.

I have dislocated my finger before and shoulder and all be it very painful i continued to play i would imagine any number of nfl players in the nfl have done it. mine were to my throwing hand and shoulder. haley chose palko as a way to stand up to pioli.

I have dislocated my finger before and shoulder and all be it very painful i continued to play i would imagine any number of nfl players in the nfl have done it. mine were to my throwing hand and shoulder. haley chose palko as a way to stand up to pioli.
    That is like cutting off you nose in spite of your face. I will show Pioli I am in charge I will play Palko and lose my job by god.

That is like cutting off you nose in spite of your face. I will show Pioli I am in charge I will play Palko and lose my job by god.
    This scenario has been suggested many times. I must say I find it hard to believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast