Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I might be a B_ffalo fan

Default I think I might be a B_ffalo fan

If the B-lls beat the Donkeys next week and the Chiefs win out we are in the playoffs!! As bad as this season has been at times...its week 15 and we are still in the hunt!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Let me make sure I have this right....

IF the Chiefs win out....

AND Buffalo beats Denver next week...IFFY....but Buffalo is always dangerous....even when they are down....

AND San Diego loses one of their last 2 games.....decent chance of that given they face Detroit and Oakland.

Then the Chiefs win the AFC West.....

That being the case, it looks like we all need to be praying for Buffalo and Detroit next week.

At the end of next weekend we could control our own destiny.

Shocking to think, but we actually could pull it out this year.
    I don't think that's right. If the Broncos lose their last 2 and the Chiefs win their last 2, both teams will be 8-8 but we will have split head-to-head and the Chiefs will have a conference record of 5-7 (we are 3-7 now) The broncos are already 6-4 in conference and would finish 6-6. The wild card is out of the question because the Ravens have locked up the first spot at 10-4 and both the jets and Bengals are 8-6 with 6 conference wins. I could be wrong, though. I've drank a lot of beer at this point. Maybe this link will help: 2011 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't think that's right. If the Broncos lose their last 2 and the Chiefs win their last 2, both teams will be 8-8 but we will have split head-to-head and the Chiefs will have a conference record of 5-7 (we are 3-7 now) The broncos are already 6-4 in conference and would finish 6-6. The wild card is out of the question because the Ravens have locked up the first spot at 10-4 and both the jets and Bengals are 8-6 with 6 conference wins. I could be wrong, though. I've drank a lot of beer at this point. Maybe this link will help: 2011 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN
    I'm no expert on tie breakers....and there are a lot of empties around here right now.....but I think the first tie-breaker is "head to head" record followed by division record.

If that is the case then my scenario above would be correct.......I think......

I'm no expert on tie breakers....and there are a lot of empties around here right now.....but I think the first tie-breaker is "head to head" record followed by division record.

If that is the case then my scenario above would be correct.......I think......
    I think you ar right. Here is the tie breaker break down within a division.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
    Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). (tied 1-1)
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. (Chiefs would be 4-2 and Broncos would be 3-3!)
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Look at this way, your not rooting for the Bills but against the Donks.

GO BUFFALO!!!!!

BOOO San Diego!!!!!!

CHIEFS WIN OUT!!!!

Let me make sure I have this right....

IF the Chiefs win out....

AND Buffalo beats Denver next week...IFFY....but Buffalo is always dangerous....even when they are down....

AND San Diego loses one of their last 2 games.....decent chance of that given they face Detroit and Oakland.

Then the Chiefs win the AFC West.....

That being the case, it looks like we all need to be praying for Buffalo and Detroit next week.

At the end of next weekend we could control our own destiny.

Shocking to think, but we actually could pull it out this year.
    Never say never, and always bet on RED.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If the B-lls beat the Donkeys next week and the Chiefs win out we are in the playoffs!! As bad as this season has been at times...its week 15 and we are still in the hunt!!
    Holy Crap! Canada rooting for the bills to win! Someplace very Hot! Just froze over.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Holy Crap! Canada rooting for the bills to win! Someplace very Hot! Just froze over.
    cats and dogs living together....mass hysteria!!

Everybody is overreacting.

Canada is merely practicing a time-honored tool of diplomacy.....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

This week Canada cheers for Buffalo.

Next week he sneaks into the stadium and pishes in their gatorade!!!!

Everybody is overreacting.

Canada is merely practicing a time-honored tool of diplomacy.....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

This week Canada cheers for Buffalo.

Next week he sneaks into the stadium and pishes in their gatorade!!!!
    Thank you! I was thinking the end was here. My panic is over. I think I will have a .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast