Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orton might be back here next year.

Default Orton might be back here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Oh geez, what happened to a little level-headedness? This place is getting out of control. Orton the QB of the future? Orton is marginally better than Cassel, he had a good game this weekend, he may have two more good games this season.

Ultimately, I don't see too many team clamoring to get him this offseason. If he has some good games in the next couple of weeks, his stock will go up, if he sucks, he will be playing backup for the Jaguars.
    Orton is the qb of the future for kc

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The knock on Orton has been that he is gold between the 20's and can't finish a drive.
    I've heard that too, but what did Orton do wrong in the red zone against Packers? Where his throws, wildly off target? Was he hanging on to the ball too long and getting sacked? Did he fumble the ball handing it off to Battle?

The play calling was very conservative in the red zone because the Packers lead the NFL in Interceptions, and Orton has had very little time to practice with the receivers. There is very little room for error on a short field and Muir wanted to make sure they didn't turn the ball over and at least come away with a FG.

I don't blame Orton at all for the lack of production there. He was just doing what he was asked to do. I blame the O-line for not creating holes for our RBs to run through.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I've heard that too, but what did Orton do wrong in the red zone against Packers? Where his throws, wildly off target? Was he hanging on to the ball too long and getting sacked? Did he fumble the ball handing it off to Battle?

The play calling was very conservative in the red zone because the Packers lead the NFL in Interceptions, and Orton has had very little time to practice with the receivers. There is very little room for error on a short field and Muir wanted to make sure they didn't turn the ball over and at least come away with a FG.

I don't blame Orton at all for the lack of production there. He was just doing what he was asked to do. I blame the O-line for not creating holes for our RBs to run through.
    I do recall one instance when that was the case. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Overall I think Orton did above average on Sunday. IMO the red zone struggles were a result of timing on the routes. Orton for the most part threw catchable balls, the timing was a hair off and resulted in a couple drops. That to me is merely a lack of familiarity which is reasonable with the amount of time he has been here.

I want to believe after the last game that he can be successful in KC. These next two games will show if he can improve with our coaches and shake that stigma.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Orton is the qb of the future for kc
    Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Orton just led us to the biggest win in 20 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12