Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OC during GB Game

Default OC during GB Game

I had to DVR the game, so we watched it after the fact. I fast forwarded through most, so didn't catch any discussion. Was Zorn Calling the plays? Looked like it, but didn't know. I do know that the play calling was great for a change, so I figured it had to be someone else.
    Wife's a cheese head, so we're a house divided.
    And I couldn't be happier about it!!!!

Whatever they did on Sunday. It worked. Keep it up! GO CHIEFS! Orton was fantastic and made the play calling look brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    That's weird. They just call the plays in to the QB's helmet from the box. Why would they waste time calling them into Zorn, then from Zorn to Orton?
    Don't ask me I was repeating what I read Romeo said but it did not seem like to me there was a problem with the QB getting the play like the first few games with Haley mucking up the works and plays were not getting to the QB until 10 seconds left on the play clock.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Don't ask me I was repeating what I read Romeo said but it did not seem like to me there was a problem with the QB getting the play like the first few games with Haley mucking up the works and plays were not getting to the QB until 10 seconds left on the play clock.
    I thought this was due to the added time involved in relaying the plays to the QB. It's clear to me now that
    this is not the case.

I now think the problem was that Haley was getting the play, analyzing the situation, rejecting the play called and coming up with a play of his own.

Now that the clog has been removed from the drain, Plays are getting in quickly.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

So if this is all really true do you think Cassel might be alot better when he gets healthy? He may have been frustrated and sometimes confused about what call he was to call and the WR pissed that they have a QB that is almost unsure of the play he is calling? Since the Haley clog has been removed I think Cassel may make better reads and deliver the ball alot faster instead of holding onto it for so long. I was getting real tired of seeing cassel pissed and telling the sidelines to hurry up with a play, I say trust your QB and give him a play and allow him to change it with an audible since he can read the D.

I heard on the radio that Muir was calling it. Sent it to Zorn who sent it to Orton.

Either way they play calling was way better than it has been in the past 3 or 4 years.

Hell I saw we ran some big screens, end arounds/reverses that helped get some nice yardage.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    So if this is all really true do you think Cassel might be alot better when he gets healthy?
    I think that is very possible. I do think Orton is a better QB than Cassel, but not a lot better. The thing is, if Orton plays really well in the last two games, will we ever get a chance to find out?

It looks like the offense has more confidence in Orton, but of course I'm just speculating. I haven't actually talked to any of the Chiefs players. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12