Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: We had better blow out Denver at home.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default We had better blow out Denver at home.


    0 Not allowed!
    Now that Orton can play the game without someone holding him back he is going to start in Denver.

    I know it is a few weeks away but I am ready for then. I am ready to see an *** whooping. Orton should have a fire under him..being cut and replaced by that Sh!t bag tebow who is over rated peice of crap that needs to stop being a QB cause hes a dam running back.

    ...and denver has already started their 3 game losing streak...
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Denver defense will be much more difficult than GB. We scored 19 points on the worst/2nd worst defense in the NFL in most categories and the 2nd worst overall. If you think we will crush anyone when we could only score 19 points on such a bad defense, don't watch the game. This is going to be a battle of defenses. It should be a very low scoring game and, while I like Orton and hope he and Cassel wage a brutal war for starter next year, when he can't even score 14 points people will be off his bandwagon and back on the "draft a good QB" bandwagon again.
    They are rated the second worst by YARDS, by points given up which is all that matters they are 15th the broncos are 22nd on points and on yards so it's likely we will score more points on denver then green bay. I think if we can contain Tebow and their run game and force him to have to pass we will do well because he is a terrible passer.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok, that's a weak attempt to explain it away. Let's try this then: 21.2 PPG. That's the average points dropped on a bad GB defense. 19 pts: that's how many points we scored against that bad defense. We won by defense. Our offense underperformed badly for the yards we gained and the trips to the red zone. But hey, let's all believe in unicorns and ride a rainbow. We will crush the Donks 72-3. Might as well make it a great fantasy if we're going to lie to ourselves.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Ok, that's a weak attempt to explain it away. Let's try this then: 21.2 PPG. That's the average points dropped on a bad GB defense. 19 pts: that's how many points we scored against that bad defense. We won by defense. Our offense underperformed badly for the yards we gained and the trips to the red zone. But hey, let's all believe in unicorns and ride a rainbow. We will crush the Donks 72-3. Might as well make it a great fantasy if we're going to lie to ourselves.
    I think that some of those 19 points will be changed from FG's to TD's as Orton works with the offense more and gets into a rhythm with the receivers. I also think/hope that the coaches realize that they just aren't going to run up the gut like they tried the 4 drives where we ended up kicking FG's. Change even one of those FG's to TD and we're at 23 points which is above the average.

    The other thing I know you know is that "an given Sunday". We weren't suppose to beat the Packers and it was a 13.5 point spread. Not only did we beat that we won the game! After the Packers game I was emotionally worn out and can easily say I'll take what happens the last two games of the season and nothing will suprize me. Now if we get into the playoffs all bets are off.

    Wait..playoffs?!? PLAYOFFS?!? How could you even say that! Sorry, went a lil Mora on myself there for a second.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We can win Denver. They are a one-dimensional team on offense. Stuff the run and force Timmy to throw and we can hold them. That's what NE did and they buried them-with the worst defense in the league BTW. So if our defense can hold their ground, that will give Orton the chance he needs to figure out and counter the Denver defense. I think we'll win 16-10.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    We can win Denver. They are a one-dimensional team on offense. Stuff the run and force Timmy to throw and we can hold them. That's what NE did and they buried them-with the worst defense in the league BTW. So if our defense can hold their ground, that will give Orton the chance he needs to figure out and counter the Denver defense. I think we'll win 16-10.
    True. Wtih Berry I wouldn't worry, but last game, we got exposed, because they kept running off tackle AND sending their WR on route, so Flowers and Carr wouldn't be a factor.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,529
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    With or without a chance to win the division, I just want to win against Faiders and Ponies.
    Faiders, another dose of picks for them, I don't need a shutout, just a high margin win.
    Ponies, just a win, even by a half point, but I really want that Tebow gets exposed, don't let him run or throw. Reshard Langford and Travis Daniels will have to play a good game against the run.
    the key is to execute the same defensive game plan as we did against greenbay, however denver now has film to study and they have a much better O line so don't expect the same result. on the other side of the ball denver has a much better defense than the packers so we probably wont dominate the T.O.P. and will be even more difficult to score. however on the brite side, Orton has another week of practice to learn more of the offense and Romeo has seen tebow once before and take away that blown coverage 54yd pass would have beaten him. it will be close but we can win this one. i,m more worried about the raders, this will not be the same team we beat up on earlier but barring turnovers and rader flavored ref calls we can win this one too!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    They are rated the second worst by YARDS, by points given up which is all that matters they are 15th the broncos are 22nd on points and on yards so it's likely we will score more points on denver then green bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Ok, that's a weak attempt to explain it away.
    I thought it was an excellent attempt. I was going to make the same argument until I read fig's post. You say we will score fewer points against the Broncos and he shows you that the Broncos allow more points per game than the Packers do. It's completely illogical to think we will score fewer points against a team that allows more ppg.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Let's try this then: 21.2 PPG. That's the average points dropped on a bad GB defense. 19 pts: that's how many points we scored against that bad defense. We won by defense.
    Agreed. So let's jump to the other side of the ball and look at our defense, pursuing your line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion.

    Going into last Sunday's game the Packers averaged 35.8 ppg (It's 34.2 now and still #1 in the NFL.) We held their offense to 14 points or 39% of their average. The Broncos average 20.9 ppg (20th in the NFL). 39% of that would be 8.15 points!

    Since we scored 19 against the Packers, which is 90% of their average, then 90% of the broncos average points allowed (24.5 ppg) then we should score 22.4 points.

    I'll concede the fact that the Packers were without their favorite WR (Jennings) and RB (Starks) and assume that Rodgers had an off day. Given that Orton was playing in his first game and will have 2 more weeks of practice and time for his dislocated finger to heal, and also given that the Broncos defense will be fired up after losing badly to the Patriots and trying to make the playoffs, I think this is a perfectly logical, reasonable prediction:

    Chiefs 20
    Broncos 13
    Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    But hey, let's all believe in unicorns and ride a rainbow. We will crush the Donks 72-3. Might as well make it a great fantasy if we're going to lie to ourselves.


    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 12-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  9. #18
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I thought it was an excellent attempt. I was going to make the same argument until I read fig's post. You say we will score fewer points against the Broncos and he shows you that the Broncos allow more points per game than the Packers do. It's completely illogical to think we will score fewer points against a team that allows more ppg.
    Well..... Not COMPLETELY illogical.

    The Chiefs have averaged 9.1 PPG over the past seven games. 64/7

    Likewise, we have allowed 17.6 PPG. 123/7

    And that includes a 17-10 loss to The Broncos.




    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Agreed. So let's jump to the other side of the ball and look at our defense, pursuing your line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion.

    Going into last Sunday's game the Packers averaged 35.8 ppg (It's 34.2 now and still #1 in the NFL.) We held their offense to 14 points or 39% of their average. The Broncos average 20.9 ppg (20th in the NFL). 39% of that would be 8.15 points!

    Since we scored 19 against the Packers, which is 90% of their average, then 90% of the broncos average points allowed (24.5 ppg) then we should score 22.4 points.

    I'll concede the fact that the Packers were without their favorite WR (Jennings) and RB (Starks) and assume that Rodgers had an off day. Given that Orton was playing in his first game and will have 2 more weeks of practice and time for his dislocated finger to heal, and also given that the Broncos defense will be fired up after losing badly to the Patriots and trying to make the playoffs, I think this is a perfectly logical, reasonable prediction:

    Chiefs 20
    Broncos 13


    Agreed.

    But I prefer to wait and see how we do against The Raiders, who have their playoff chances on the line as well.


  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,421
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well..... Not COMPLETELY illogical.

    The Chiefs have averaged 9.1 PPG over the past seven games. 64/7

    Likewise, we have allowed 17.6 PPG. 123/7

    And that includes a 17-10 loss to The Broncos.






    Agreed.

    But I prefer to wait and see how we do against The Raiders, who have their playoff chances on the line as well.

    IF Denver loses to the Bills this weekend and we beat the Raiders then the Chiefs/Denver game would decide the AFC West championship. (This assumes that San Diego loses one of their last two games).

    If that happens, we will put a WORLD CLASS BEATING on Denver.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    IF Denver loses to the Bills this weekend and we beat the Raiders then the Chiefs/Denver game would decide the AFC West championship. (This assumes that San Diego loses one of their last two games).

    If that happens, we will put a WORLD CLASS BEATING on Denver.

    Amen!

    I would just love to see Orton put The Broncos in their place for the way they treated him.

    The guy has been done pretty ugly by both of his former teams, in my opinion.

    I would like to see him done right in KC.

    But, with the lofty expectations already being plopped onto him, and the reaction Chiefs fans had to him prior to The Packers game, I can see that KC will turn on him in a heartbeat.

    Even the guy who named himself "My Man Orton" has already admitted to being prepared to send him out of town if he doesn't do well in the next two games.

    It's madness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest low blow to the Ego
    By drstandley31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 11:22 PM
  2. How to blow a turkey call
    By kcvet in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
  3. well we didnt blow away
    By Wski Girl in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 11:42 AM
  4. Chief's blow out the Packers! 31 to 10
    By carlfromcali in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •