Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cassel always had better WR's then Orton

Default Cassel always had better WR's then Orton

Some people say Cassel has better numbers so he's the better QB, I think Orton has never had the talent Cassel has. Lets look at their WR's over the years

Cassel
    2008: Wes Welker (still one of the best wr's in the league), Randy Moss(the year prior he had 1500 yards and 23 td's, Jabar Gaffney (ok wr)
    2009: Dwayne Bowe, Chris Chambers, Quinten Lawrence very comparable to Orton's cast of 2009 except Bowe is more talented then Lloyd
    2010: Dwayne Bowe, Chris Chambers (about the same as royal), Terrance Copper (better the Mckinnley). 2010 I think the slight edge goes to KC again especially considering we had Moeaki and Charles.

Orton
    2008: Devin Hester, Brandon Lloyd (I know people think Brandon Lloyd is amazing but look at his career prior to Orton and after he was mediocore)
    2009: Eddie Royal (Royal had one good year but hasn't done anything since), Brandon Lloyd, Kenny McKinley (don't even know who this is)
    2010: Same cast as 2009 but Orton turned Brandon Lloyd into a pro-bowler with 1500 yards and 11 td's previously he had never had over 755 yards in a season.

Listen I'm not saying Orton is the best, but I have always thought he was slightly better then Cassel even when he was a donkey. Now he may prove me wrong but from what I've seen over the last couple years I see a good qb that was put in a bad situation this could very well be Rich Gannon. Look at Rich Gannon's career he was never thought of as a good player he went from team to team until the Faiders picked him up and believed in him. Orton has never had anyone believe in him and I think depending on how the next couple games go he could and should be our starter. If he sucks I will be right along with the other haters but until then I like what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    From what I have seen of Orton and after 3 seasons of Cassel, I would break it down thusly:
    Healthy and strong OL: Cassel
    Beat up and weak OL: Orton
    Judgement and decision-making: Cassel
    Ball control: Cassel
    Shoot-out game: Orton

I think with a stronger and healthy offense, I want Cassel back there not giving up the ball and directing the juggernaut. For a battered and faltering offense, I want Orton just chucking the ball like a caveman to make something happen. If our offense gets back to last years form, I want Cassel as he is a laser artist with a good crew around him. If we are still struggling and need a spark and someone to take chance to get us going, it looks like Orton might be the guy.
    He's played one game. I think he should be given the chance and see how he does these next 2 games before kicking him to the curb....

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Haha yeah, cedric benson really worked out well for the bears huh?

Orton was a rookie when he had thomas jones and it was forte's first year in the league

Rolls eyes
    Ortons rookie yr was arguably his best at 10 wins and 5 losses. U r about as shortsided as anyone i have ever read.
    Yeah cedtic benson sucks ur right.

Haha yeah, cedric benson really worked out well for the bears huh?

Orton was a rookie when he had thomas jones and it was forte's first year in the league

Rolls eyes
    The Bears made a mistake getting rid of Cedric. He had a terrible attitude and wasn't liked by his team mates, but he was productive.

2005 (Orton played 15 games) Benson rushed for 272 yds, Jones for 1335 yds; 1607 yds combined

2008 (Orton played 15 games) Forte rushed for 1238 yds

So in the 2 years that Kyle was the starter he had plenty of run support.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

When will you hold cassel responsible for his play? When we have our 2005 esque offensive line? When we get Tony G back? When we have a 3 pro bowl WR set?

Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton HAVE THE SAME TEAM NOW
    Is it really? According to recent reports, the Chiefs offense ran more smoothly without Haley on the sidelines.

Let's not forget the Cassel has had 4 DIFFERENT OC's in the last 3 years. You don't think that makes a difference? LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Is it really? According to recent reports, the Chiefs offense ran more smoothly without Haley on the sidelines.

Let's not forget the Cassel has had 4 DIFFERENT OC's in the last 3 years. You don't think that makes a difference? LOL
    It hasn't for Brady.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    It hasn't for Brady.
    And Cassel is no Brady. Nobody is denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    And Cassel is no Brady. Nobody is denying that.
    And that's my point. I want a franchise QB that can be considered elite, no more of these mediocre retreads from other teams.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I never said he sucks at all, I did make a comment about his time in Chicago. How did Cedric Benson do in chicago? You want to say "Well kyle orton had thomas jones" Ok, but that was also in his ROOKIE SEASON.

You talk about thinking "outside the box" yet you are one of the pro pioli and pro cassel supporters on here. Demanding no change just complacent with mediocrity. Comparing Cassel to Orton now that they are on the same team is unfair to orton because he has only been here for i dont know, 3 weeks versus 2.5 years with cassel. You cant compare two quarterbacks on completely different teams. I just think Cassel with Jamaal Charles, moaeki, and bowe had more weapons than orton did with Lloyd and....? in denver
    And im not saying orton sucks either but cassel is not as terrible as u make him out to be its obvious now that haley was not capable of getting the job. Last yr mat cassels had superior numbers to kyle orton period.

I don't think that statement can be directed at my post. I wrote in certain instances Orton would do better, more than likely. I hope he tries out for us next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    And that's my point. I want a franchise QB that can be considered elite, no more of these mediocre retreads from other teams.
    I'd love to see us with one of the top QBs in the NFL. I think everyone here would.

For now though, we have to make do with what we have.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast