Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Default Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Just announced @ 3pm

might affect the QB's in this draft. Thoughts?

I think this probably eliminates any chance of us taking a qb in the first round.

I think you are probably right as well.

I was hoping that with Barkley being in the mix that it might allow RG3 to drop a bit closer to us grabbing him, but looks like now RG3 will move up further to the #2QB spot behind Luck.

If Rams can get #1 pick, maybe we can trade up to get Luck, otherwise I don't think it's worth to waste a first rounder in a mediocre QB (we already have one under contract).
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    If Rams can get #1 pick, maybe we can trade up to get Luck, otherwise I don't think it's worth to waste a first rounder in a mediocre QB (we already have one under contract).
    I've been set on the idea that we could have had RG3 fall to us, but I agree with you now.

I don't think I would want Jones, and Maybe we can look at Tannehill in the 2nd round or something.

Now I'm looking at the idea that of course O-line, and the idea the Trent Richardson may be a possibility. At first I thought it was crazy, but then I thought, wow could you imagine Richardson and Charles in the Backfield.

We could grab a RT or OG in round 2 or 3, with Orton and Cassel, we are going to need a good run game, and Richardson could give us that.

Never know though...

Nick Foles. He's only the second QB in the history of the PAC-10 to throw for 10,000 yards in 3 seasons.
    Last edited by GarH; 12-22-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Not surprised. He will now have a shot at winning a BCS title.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ya know, I've been ranting a raving about finding an answer at QB in this draft, but with Barkley now leaving I really don't think we will be in a position to do so.

That makes me look at a guy like David DeCastro, OG from Stanford. I say this because Lilja is undersized and Old, and I think they will look to replace him before Richardson due to age. (Still think we will look to bring in a replacement for Richardson)

He's a 3 year starter, who is an awesome run blocker and solid in pass protection. From CBSSports.com: Intangibles: Solid work ethic and character. Known for his work on the practice field and in the weight room. Durable linemen who could play every snap in any scheme. Chose Stanford for its academic standards.

Sounds like a Pioli guy to me, and would solidify our Interior (DeCastro, Hudson, & Asamoah) with a young talents group for years.

Knowing Pioli we'll probably get a DT with our first round pick.

I would think an DT or OL, but if Nick is available in the second round they'd be a fool not to take him. He really developed his pocket presence over his 3 years. Believe me with the Cat's OL, he got lots and lots of experience developing his pocket presence. This last year the starting OL had a combined ONE starting game between them before the start of the year. If you know anything about offensive lines that is a real challenge for a QB. Kansas City's OL would actually look like a great line for him.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast