Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Default Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Just announced @ 3pm

might affect the QB's in this draft. Thoughts?

Richardson and Jamal Charles would be awesome. Depends on how we look the next couple of weeks to see if our O-line is really that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And there is, absolutely, a chance that Orton or Cassel will not want to compete with the other.

I think that is a certainty. I don't see either of them as willing to be backup.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Or we can just have San Diego and Denver lose this weekend and crush both Oakland this week and Denver next week. Then march on to the Super Bowl.
    That sounds like a good idea! I'd rather be worrying about the playoffs than the draft.

Isn't it crazy how 1 player can change a draft so much?

I'm really stunned now as to what we might do. I think I also like the idea of trading back to get more picks.

Wouldn't mind: Richardson, Decastro, or Hightower (remember the last Alabama LB we had?? he** yeah!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Isn't it crazy how 1 player can change a draft so much?

I'm really stunned now as to what we might do. I think I also like the idea of trading back to get more picks.

Wouldn't mind: Richardson, Decastro, or Hightower (remember the last Alabama LB we had?? he** yeah!)
    I think it was a brilliant move on Barkley's part. He gets to compete for a natl. championship, it probably made Khalil stay too, it more than likely makes him the #1 QB in the 2013 draft and oh yeah....he'll get more tail then he'll know what to do with for another year.

If we can trade back a bit and get any of those three guys I'd be happy. Not sure about the D pick though. I mean it'd be nice and he'd be awesome to have but we've spent so many picks on the D that we need to concentrate on building up the O now...just my humble opinion.

I think it was a brilliant move on Barkley's part. He gets to compete for a natl. championship, it probably made Khalil stay too, it more than likely makes him the #1 QB in the 2013 draft and oh yeah....he'll get more tail then he'll know what to do with for another year.

If we can trade back a bit and get any of those three guys I'd be happy. Not sure about the D pick though. I mean it'd be nice and he'd be awesome to have but we've spent so many picks on the D that we need to concentrate on building up the O now...just my humble opinion.
    I agree with you, and to be honest the only positions on the D that I would see us using a 1st rounder on would be ILB or NT (And with Powe/Gordon on our roster I think we could push that to a 2nd or 3rd rounder to rotate with them).

You know I actually saw a mock that had Hightower slipping to us in the 2nd, which I doubt will happen, but you never know (look at what happened to Bowers, and Houston)

I agree with you, and to be honest the only positions on the D that I would see us using a 1st rounder on would be ILB or NT (And with Powe/Gordon on our roster I think we could push that to a 2nd or 3rd rounder to rotate with them).

You know I actually saw a mock that had Hightower slipping to us in the 2nd, which I doubt will happen, but you never know (look at what happened to Bowers, and Houston)
    On WalterFootball I believe he has Hightower slipping. Start planting the rumors now!!

On WalterFootball I believe he has Hightower slipping. Start planting the rumors now!!
    I think the one I saw was on SB Nation.com.

I actually liked the 3 round mock except for our 1st rounder:

1st- Landry Jones (QB Oklahoma)
    2nd- Donta' Hightower (ILB ALA)
    3rd- Andrew Datko (OT Fla St.)

not sold on Landry Jones. Love these picks, but I've seen Hightower protected as a Mid-First, and Datko projected as a Mid-2nd so it would be a surprise to see both of those players in those rounds.

I think the one I saw was on SB Nation.com.

I actually liked the 3 round mock except for our 1st rounder:

1st- Landry Jones (QB Oklahoma)
    2nd- Donta' Hightower (ILB ALA)
    3rd- Andrew Datko (OT Fla St.)

not sold on Landry Jones. Love these picks, but I've seen Hightower protected as a Mid-First, and Datko projected as a Mid-2nd so it would be a surprise to see both of those players in those rounds.
    That's going to change with Barkley staying at USC so I'm sure that Jones won't be our pick after they redo this mock. Once we beat the Raiders to get to 7-7 and we're mid first anyway.

The thing I've seen about mock drafts is that it usually has teams taking the best person at the highest need for the team. We all know that's not what happens. So I can see more than a few people that were suppose to go in the 1st slipping to the 2nd.

As a USC alum...I am a very happy man! USC back on top!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast