Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Default Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Just announced @ 3pm

might affect the QB's in this draft. Thoughts?

If Kyle Orton is chosen to be our starter for 2012, then, while I would not agree with the move, we could package Matt Cassel in a trade to get to wherever we want to be in this draft.

And there is, absolutely, a chance that Orton or Cassel will not want to compete with the other.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If Kyle Orton is chosen to be our starter for 2012, then, while I would not agree with the move, we could package Matt Cassel in a trade to get to wherever we want to be in this draft.

And there is, absolutely, a chance that Orton or Cassel will not want to compete with the other.
    I think you are right. Both have started and will want to start.Money wise those two would tie up alot of cash. If we do sign orton,cassel will get traded.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I think you are right. Both have started and will want to start.Money wise those two would tie up alot of cash. If we do sign orton,cassel will get traded.
    I think we could easily afford to carry both of them for a year.

But I don't think that we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I've been set on the idea that we could have had RG3 fall to us, but I agree with you now.

I don't think I would want Jones, and Maybe we can look at Tannehill in the 2nd round or something.

Now I'm looking at the idea that of course O-line, and the idea the Trent Richardson may be a possibility. At first I thought it was crazy, but then I thought, wow could you imagine Richardson and Charles in the Backfield.

We could grab a RT or OG in round 2 or 3, with Orton and Cassel, we are going to need a good run game, and Richardson could give us that.

Never know though...
    You've been reading WalterFootball to much.

Laundry Jones might just send his first paycheck to Barkley as his draft stock just went up a ton. Unfortunately I think that Khalil will come back now too because he sees the opportunity to compete for a championship and he was on the fence before.

That means that Martin will be the first OT taken, Luck and RG3 will be gone by the time we pick too. So I'd have to agree with you when you said someone like Trent Richardson(RB), David DeCastro(G) or that we trade down two or three times and take Ta'amu with a very late 1st or an early 2nd.

Or we can just have San Diego and Denver lose this weekend and crush both Oakland this week and Denver next week. Then march on to the Super Bowl....hey a guy can dream!

It's not like Pioli to trade up and lose picks unless he can trade Cassel to a QB needy team and move up with that but I don't know if any team would be willing to do that. Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It's not like Pioli to trade up and lose picks unless he can trade Cassel to a QB needy team and move up with that but I don't know if any team would be willing to do that. Is it possible?

I just don't see any team wanting cassel enough to give any more than a third or more likely a forth. The problem is every other team is seeing what we see, that Cassel is not that good and he makes any OL look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    With the QB class weakening, and possibly the top LOT prospect staying in school, I am really leaning toward trading down, as opposed to up.

I usually favor trading down anyway. But the thinning of those two positions weakens the entire draft.

I would try to stockpile picks for the 2013 draft, so long as Khalil stays in school.

If not, I am not sure how strongly I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    With the QB class weakening, and possibly the top LOT prospect staying in school, I am really leaning toward trading down, as opposed to up.

I usually favor trading down anyway. But the thinning of those two positions weakens the entire draft.

I would try to stockpile picks for the 2013 draft, so long as Khalil stays in school.

If not, I am not sure how strongly I feel about it.
    Kalil is a monster he hasn't allowed a single sack this season. How much would you love to pick him up?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Kalil is a monster he hasn't allowed a single sack this season. How much would you love to pick him up?
    That is where I would be looking to move up in the draft.

But, if he stays in school, making a deal to acquire a potentially high pick for 2013 could pay major dividends.

I am more and more liking the idea of trading down, or picking up Richardson (if the Browns dont grab him), DeCastro (may be too early to grab a guard, but this guy is talked about being an all-star in the making), or one of the ILB (there are a few that are supposed to be pretty good).

I would love to trade down. Grab an extra 3rd rounder or a 2nd rounder. That would help us fill a lot of holes AND depth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast