Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all the orton bandwagoners and thats exactly what u are.

Default To all the orton bandwagoners and thats exactly what u are.

First and foremost we, i think, are all chiefs fans. Some of us express it differently than others. With that said all of this cassel is terrible, pioli is terrible, haley haf to go. Those that say it are whats wrong with sports today. After the disaster that was herm edwards we were 2 and 14. Haley and pioli came into a bad situation and within 2 yrs we are diclvision champs. Some will say its because of a weak schedul outside of san diego the rest of the afc west benefitted from that same weak schedule so that is a weak argument we went from 4 and 12 to 10 and 6. Yes we got blown out at home by the ravens i know i was there.

Then comes the lockout haley approached it differently than other coaches and our first two games are what u saw. We were a team decimated by injuries. Our best weapon, look at indy, was lost for the season. If green bay lost aaron rodgers which is the same as us losing jamal they sure as hell wouldnt be 13-0. Cassels fav red zonek target moeaki out for the yr, oh and our coach ran out an offensive coordinator that made cassel a probowler and thats exactly what weiss did. Him returning to the kc area is proof that haley was at fault. And now cassel is crap, pioli doesnt know crap, haley was crap.

That view of this team is crap. We are a few key players away from being legitimate contenders. If orton stinks it up u said bring in the next guy. That win now mentality is not what builds a dynasty and thats what i want. The chiefs arent gonna listen to a word we say here, we are fans no more less. These guys go out and play their hearts out, and after cassels first yr when he was basically running for his life to his pro bowl year last year he and orton need to battle it out. The organization will make the right decision.

Merry Christmas Chiefs fans heres to an awesome 2012!

I'm on anyones BANDWAGON that is on the Chiefs roster and makes the Chiefs better! What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm on anyones BANDWAGON that is on the Chiefs roster and makes the Chiefs better! What's wrong with that?
    Were you on Matt Cassel's band-wagon when he won four in a row? When he went 10-6, and got us into the playoffs, and himself into a Pro-Bowl?

The case here is that the massive exaggeration of love for Orton is primarily just a cover for Cassel-hating.

And winning 10 games to win the division is a much bigger accomplishment than winning one regular season game, no matter who that game is against.

Had Orton won all three games, prior to all of this, then the reaction would be a bit more level-headed.

But there were very people willing to stand up for Kyle Orton prior to this game.

Well let's look at it this way,

A big number of us were not happy when Haley came here from Arizona, on top of that, many of us reiterated that unhappiness when Haley fired Gailey.

We tolerated him when the Chiefs did capitalize on a weak schedule, and yes that is EXACTLY what it was. When you get right down to it, our schedule was at least two teams weaker than that faced by the Chargers, that is how the schedule works, check it out.

OK, Pioli, I don't yet have a problem with Pioli, he is doing his job, could he do better, yes, but he is doing what he can at the moment, I don't see too many, other than those who have not thought past the last 14 weeks, who are calling for Pioli to be changed.

Now we get to Cassel, and this is where you are way off base. Cassel has been given ample time to take this team and lead this team. I have been the biggest Cassel fan since he came onboard this team. He was tough behind an offensive line that was incredibly bad and was capable to make it through a season where three previous quarterbacks were not.

Having said that, three years is about the limit given for just about any player to come up to speed, Cassel has been given that time and he has not shown the improvement one would expect.

So now when Orton comes in and what do we see? We see him able to perform by doing things that Cassel has failed to do adequately. Now, we see what a real quarterback can do, and frankly, we have not really seen this since Trent Green went down 7 years ago.

Looking at it this way, you have to admit that it was an exciting game last weekend and I am very excited to see what Orton can do against the Raiders. I am not saying Orton is the QB of the future and I am hardly on his bandwagon, but what he brought to the game against Green Bay has me excited again, something I have not had in the last 10 weeks.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    But look who he played during the 2010 season. And then after that I want you to look at games with .500 or better teams, his record and his stats/play. In this post I am not comparing cassel to ANYONE, just look at the record and the numbers for yourself
    He was leading a team that had 26 games, over the previous two seasons.

You have to beat the teams that you are "supposed to" beat.

Everything was heading in the right direction.

And this year, started with a train wreck, but he even managed to get through that and win four of the next six games.

It's called making chicken salad, out of chicken s**t.

I did mention san diego having a tougher schedule they finished first and hence a scheduling reflecting that just like us having a tougher schedule. But orton played the same weak schedule we did last year.

WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM. lol my god
    Okay 1 and 4 with the same team tim tebow is 7 and 2. Come on now u cant have it both ways u cant. My god. My eyes rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Now we get to Cassel, and this is where you are way off base. Cassel has been given ample time to take this team and lead this team. I have been the biggest Cassel fan since he came onboard this team. He was tough behind an offensive line that was incredibly bad and was capable to make it through a season where three previous quarterbacks were not.

Having said that, three years is about the limit given for just about any player to come up to speed, Cassel has been given that time and he has not shown the improvement one would expect.
    He has.

27 TDs/7INTs in 2010.

Soft schedule, or not, winning any ten games in a season is awfully good, for a team that had been 6-26 over the previous two years.

And, as I have said, when you take an offense, designed around the running game, and the running game becomes mediocre, while you continue to run the same offensive design, the QB is not put into a position to be able to do what so many think Matt Cassel should be doing.

Almost all of the plays that Cassel was asked to execute have been designed to work against a defense that expects a great running team.

Todd Haley did not let go of that until Cassel was gone for the year.

And, even then, it takes a little while for a brand new offensive philosophy to get up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    So now when Orton comes in and what do we see? We see him able to perform by doing things that Cassel has failed to do adequately. Now, we see what a real quarterback can do, and frankly, we have not really seen this since Trent Green went down 7 years ago.

Looking at it this way, you have to admit that it was an exciting game last weekend and I am very excited to see what Orton can do against the Raiders. I am not saying Orton is the QB of the future and I am hardly on his bandwagon, but what he brought to the game against Green Bay has me excited again, something I have not had in the last 10 weeks.
    I too am hoping for Orton to tear it up.

But, no matter how well he does, it does not change that Matt Cassel, overall, has been a very good QB for us, and he has been mis-judged by most Chiefs fans, because of the situation he has been put in.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    First and foremost we, i think, are all chiefs fans. Some of us express it differently than others. With that said all of this cassel is terrible, pioli is terrible, haley haf to go. Those that say it are whats wrong with sports today. After the disaster that was herm edwards we were 2 and 14. Haley and pioli came into a bad situation and within 2 yrs we are diclvision champs. Some will say its because of a weak schedul outside of san diego the rest of the afc west benefitted from that same weak schedule so that is a weak argument we went from 4 and 12 to 10 and 6. Yes we got blown out at home by the ravens i know i was there.

Then comes the lockout haley approached it differently than other coaches and our first two games are what u saw. We were a team decimated by injuries. Our best weapon, look at indy, was lost for the season. If green bay lost aaron rodgers which is the same as us losing jamal they sure as hell wouldnt be 13-0. Cassels fav red zonek target moeaki out for the yr, oh and our coach ran out an offensive coordinator that made cassel a probowler and thats exactly what weiss did. Him returning to the kc area is proof that haley was at fault. And now cassel is crap, pioli doesnt know crap, haley was crap.

That view of this team is crap. We are a few key players away from being legitimate contenders. If orton stinks it up u said bring in the next guy. That win now mentality is not what builds a dynasty and thats what i want. The chiefs arent gonna listen to a word we say here, we are fans no more less. These guys go out and play their hearts out, and after cassels first yr when he was basically running for his life to his pro bowl year last year he and orton need to battle it out. The organization will make the right decision.

Merry Christmas Chiefs fans heres to an awesome 2012!
    Cassel is an average qb he's not terrible by any means and Haley was a dog with a short leash that was tired of getting kicked around. Haley came here and didn't get to pick his own qb, his own defensive coordinator, or even his offensive coordinator. Haley made mistakes but Pioli is definetly a control freak who likes to micro manage his HC's, Haley didn't like it so they butted heads

All i know is that orton has the same number of wins against playoff teams that cassel does. 1.
    I believe this statement.

(Just teasin')

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast