Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs (6-8) vs. Raiders (7-7) Game Day Thread

Default Official Chiefs (6-8) vs. Raiders (7-7) Game Day Thread

VS.
    Team Stats__Team Stats
    Kansas City Chiefs (6-8) Vs. Oakland Raiders (7-7)
    at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
    Saturday, Dec 24th at noon CT on

Watch Online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Oakland Raiders Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I don't want Cassel and I don't trust orton

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I don't want Cassel and I don't trust orton
    They are essentially the same guy. I still think we can have success with either or both of them but we need to fix some problems this offseason. Orton lived up to his streotype today so the question still remains is he the guy that played GB or the guy today? It is what it is the coaches have to figure out a way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Bowe dropping a TD sucks.

After it was over though, The Chiefs had the ball inside the redzone, with an excellent scoring opportunity.

Orton's INT left us with the opponents getting the ball, first and ten, and eliminated our chance to score any points.

But hey....

Nobody wanted to hear about WRs dropping big passes when the passes were thrown by Cassel.

Nobody wanted to hear how the play-calling was stupid when Cassel was in there.

I think Kyle Orton played pretty well overall.

But it looked like he was a victim of a lot of the same problems that Matt Cassel was dealing with.

I think Orton played ok as well. He can't catch the ball for the WRS. I have always been one to defend the Qb when the people around him are not doing there job. Kyle Orton was a part of why we lost yes but not the biggest part and he was a part of why we had a chance to win.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Orton played ok as well. He can't catch the ball for the WRS. I have always been one to defend the Qb when the people around him are not doing there job. Kyle Orton was a part of why we lost yes but not the biggest part and he was a part of why we had a chance to win.
    The thing I found myself saying when we had 2:00 to drive the field needing a td is that I felt more confident that Orton could do that as opposed to Matt. I don't know if that is due to Kyle or the coaching change though.

I had the right score but the opposite way. I knew our offense would struggle-read my posts in the Orton thread. Now I hope the Cassel haters can see that play calling and the OL is what makes or breaks a QB. I want us to win and hate the loss, but it demonstrates we don't have a QB problem. We have an OL and play calling problem. We are not too far away from being a solid and, dare I say, dominant offense.

Saw this on Facebook : This sums up today's game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RtlpXsl8k"]YOU BLEW IT!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I had the right score but the opposite way. I knew our offense would struggle-read my posts in the Orton thread. Now I hope the Cassel haters can see that play calling and the OL is what makes or breaks a QB. I want us to win and hate the loss, but it demonstrates we don't have a QB problem. We have an OL and play calling problem. We are not too far away from being a solid and, dare I say, dominant offense.
    So, from the last 2 games, you definitively ruled out Cassel as the problem? I don't think that's really possible, due to removing 2, possibly 3 things at once. (HC, QB, and the possibility that Haley was meddling in offensive playcalling). The thing that still stands out to me is that he doesn't look ridiculously shaken and spooked like Cassel. He actually looks rather confident and poised. He reminds me alot of Trent Greens look. I think he has the ability to throw downfield better than Cassel. I've stated a couple things that I think Orton is better at. Do you think Cassel is equal to Orton or better?
    And, like I said in another thread somewhere, Orton played his 1st game in the upset of the year in the NFL. And he played a nice game. The ability to play up to the post hype of that game was a low percentage possibility.....and the Orton haters were assured to Be waiting in the shadows and spring out and say, "You see? you see???? He sucks! 2 ints! You see that? You see that??? Now what do you Cassel haters have to say?!?!? LOL".
    All I know is the guy has 2 games to go off of with KC and the players it has to work around him. I don't think we ever win a championship with either but i would lay my hard earned coin down on it would be with Orton over Cassel.
    Last edited by KCraised; 12-26-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    So, from the last 2 games, you definitively ruled out Cassel as the problem? I don't think that's really possible, due to removing 2, possibly 3 things at once. (HC, QB, and the possibility that Haley was meddling in offensive playcalling). The thing that still stands out to me is that he doesn't look ridiculously shaken and spooked like Cassel. He actually looks rather confident and poised. He reminds me alot of Trent Greens look. I think he has the ability to throw downfield better than Cassel. I've stated a couple things that I think Orton is better at. Do you think Cassel is equal to Orton or better?
    Couldn't agree more with the bald part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with the bald part.
    Does the rest of the post have hair?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Does the rest of the post have hair?
    Well yeah!

You can't have "the bald part" unless the rest isn't bald.