Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wow!

Default Wow!

Damn ugly game! But another ugly down to the wire/OT classic in this epic rivalry. KC has a ton of heart, I think more than last years team. Now if you could beat the Donkeys, it be much apriciated. :)

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I disagree. Crennell would be coaching football, not playing football. As long as he is healthy he could coach for at least another 10 years and in today's game, it's almost unheard of for a coach to be with the same team that long.

George "Papa Bear" Halas coached until he was 72 and ran the team for several years after that. Joe Paterno just retired this year at 85. (Please don't turn this into a Paterno / Sandusky thread. That has nothing to do with why I brought his name up.)

People are living longer and staying healthy and activve longer now than they were in '67 when Halas coached his last year. 65 is the new 50. And if Crenell decides to retire in 5 years at 69 after leading us to back-to-back Super Bowls, I'd be okay with that. We would just have to find another younger Crennel.
    Jo Pa is the one exception. Coaches in the NFL do not coach into their 70s. The oldest coach to win a division was Halas at age 72. DV was the oldest coach to win a superbowl at 63.

That being said, Look at Crennel. He is not an active healthy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't know what game you were watching, but in the game I watched, the defense played pretty well. They held the Raiders to 13 points in regulation and only one touchdown. In most games that would be a win.

They did get burned on 2 plays that I recall and unfortunatly, one of them led directly to the overtime winning FG. But I don't think it's fair to judge the entire defenses performance on 2 plays.

There were a few offensive plays and special teams blunders that cost the Chiefs the win. Don't blame the defense for that.
    They let the Oakland offense roll down the field like a column of Abrams tanks in overtime. Like too many games this season, they ran out of gas and couldn't finish the game.
    p.s. I think Pischatelli and McGraw are pretty darn good and NOT what's wrong with our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    They let the Oakland offense roll down the field like a column of Abrams tanks in overtime. Like too many games this season, they ran out of gas and couldn't finish the game.
    p.s. I think Pischatelli and McGraw are pretty darn good and NOT what's wrong with our defense.
    The defense got beat on 2 big plays (unfortunately one was in OT) Thats like blaming the pitcher for losing a game 1-0 when he gave up a home run
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    You don't watch the games do you. The games our defense have been beat, they were beat from the get go. They didn't break down in the 4th qtr from being tired.

Piscatelli Sucks Glutt!!!! When he or Travis Daniels are on the field, they are the weak links that gives up plays. The Bills destroyed Sabby Piscatelli play after play and is one huge reason the defense could not stop them. McGraw has been hurt a bunch this year, leaving Sabby and Travis Daniels on the fields to get beat. If you go back and look a the poor defensive games by the Chiefs this year, you will see that McGraw was hurt leaving Sabby and Daniels on the field, thus the poor defensive stats from the first qtr to the end.

The Abram tank was one play in over time. ONE, and when the ball was thrown I thought it was an INT, until I saw Lewis with his thumb up his Glut. I don't think Lewis knew it was thrown and was still looking for the reverse until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The defense got beat on 2 big plays (unfortunately one was in OT) Thats like blaming the pitcher for losing a game 1-0 when he gave up a home run
    More than two, fortunately the refs liked throwing flags. Like the fake field goal called back. There were also some other good size gains called back for illegal shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Agreed. The defense did it's job. The offense also did it's job in getting the team into scoring position. Special teams cost us the game on the opening kickoff return and the 2 blocked FGs. That alone changes a 19-10 victory into a 13-13 tie.

The defense was almost perfect. If a defense has to be perfect to win the game then you are not doing enough on offense and special teams.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345