Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton is still better

Default Orton is still better

Our team just played worse and the Raiders played better.

Matt cassel #'s in 28-0 win over raiders: 161 yards, 0 tds, 2 inceptions, 0 sacks

Kyle Orton's #'s in overtime loss to raiders: 300 yards, 1 td, 2 interception, 0 sacks.

Kyle Orton played better in his second game then Matt did in his third season with the Chiefs. As you can see Kyle Orton maybe better but he is just a bandage we need a lot of help our O-line got destroyed, we got beat by their speedy WR, and two FG's blocked WTF!!!!!!

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!!

i remember when everyone was *****ing about cassel and said croyle would beat him out in camp.. Then video was released of cassel destroying croyle in camp. Then people said cassel could never march this team down the field and put the team on his shoulders to win it... Then he did it in multiple games last season and took this team to a division title and playoffs.

Now after the horrendous first part of the season and haley obviously having his fingers in the playcalling and offense of this team he goes down and they make a change at coach and everything runs smoother and people still want to ***** about how cassel sucks. I would still take cassel ANY DAY of the week under center than orton. I will bet anyone here if orton does comeback cassel beats him out without a problem for the starting spot. I still have games recorded from last season and watch them all the time of cassel picking defenses apart and throwing the team on his shoulders. Guess i'm just not one of the fairweather fans.

Also funny when people are in love with bowe after he turned it on last year than he drops a TD today and everyone is on his case again that he's not a #1 receiver. Funny how people forget what these players do for them and for this team. kind of sad really

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    i remember when everyone was *****ing about cassel and said croyle would beat him out in camp.. Then video was released of cassel destroying croyle in camp. Then people said cassel could never march this team down the field and put the team on his shoulders to win it... Then he did it in multiple games last season and took this team to a division title and playoffs.

Now after the horrendous first part of the season and haley obviously having his fingers in the playcalling and offense of this team he goes down and they make a change at coach and everything runs smoother and people still want to ***** about how cassel sucks. I would still take cassel ANY DAY of the week under center than orton. I will bet anyone here if orton does comeback cassel beats him out without a problem for the starting spot. I still have games recorded from last season and watch them all the time of cassel picking defenses apart and throwing the team on his shoulders. Guess i'm just not one of the fairweather fans.

Also funny when people are in love with bowe after he turned it on last year than he drops a TD today and everyone is on his case again that he's not a #1 receiver. Funny how people forget what these players do for them and for this team. kind of sad really
    The problem with generalizations, like the one you are making is that not EVERYONE matches, even though you say they do.

Bowe has been lead turd on the **** parade for a while now, Cassel made second string of that parade this year as well. Haley has been on the list for ever since he was hired.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post

Well, are we a tad bit upset my Fair weathered Friend? I have never been a BIG Fan of Cassel and will admit it. Plays Great one game and plays like S**T the next. Cassel can be good but in the long run I (myself) do not feel he can take us all the way to the Superbowl. I'm not 100% sold on Orton either. But we ALL want someone who CAN do that someday. We all have hopes and dreams that that one guy who steps in will lead up to the promised land. EVERYBODY makes mistakes, drops a ball here and there and gets burned in the back field. Yes, some of us are pissed and start pointing fingers because that's our freaking right. Tebow and Rivers BOTH got spanked and it was in the palm of our hands and we blew it. GAME OVER HONEY! Next week means nothing. So with that said I really don't give a rats A** who out QB is next year as long as they do a much better job than what was done this year. Have a safe and Very Merry Christmas and as I have said for the last what, 42 years, maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Cassel didn't win the game and you know it quit trying to be a contrarian like you always do. Face the facts sir Kendrick Lewis and Brandon Flowers both had pick sixes, we had 6 interceptions that game 3 from Boller and 3 from Palmer, Javier Arenas rerturned a kick off for a td as well, Cassel had one decent drive at the end of the game that didn't mean anything beacause we were up by 3 td's and Mcclain ran it in. Heres the play by play:Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders - Play By Play - October 23, 2011 - ESPN . I don't understand why you argue about something you know is BS.
    Matt Cassel won against The Raiders this season, in Oakland.

That is not an opinion, which needs you to offer up some spin.

It's a fact. Period.

The stats are irrelevant.

Matt Cassel won.

Again..... You are accusing me of trying to argue, when there is nothing to argue.

It is facts, not opinion.

If you want to live in a world where the facts are arguable, have fun.

But the rest of live in reality, and facts are undeniable.

But what is truly amazing is how you try to deny the outright fact, and insist that I "Face the facts"?!?!?!?

Click your own link.

The fact is that Matt Cassel beat The Raiders.

Your personal opinion of the statistics can not change it, no matter how upset you get about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I would love to see Cassel and Orton compete for the starting job next year, but I don't see any way that we keep them both. I wonder, though if there is a way we could keep both of them until after the 3rd preseason game and then trade the lesser player. That would mean signing Orton as a free agent and losing the compensatory draft pick knowing that we might be trading him right away and hoping we can get something of value in return for a player who couldn't beat out Cassel for the starting job. Maybe he would agree to sign a one year deal with the understanding that if he won the job over Cassel, we would immediately renegotiate his contract for a 4 or 5 year deal.

It's really tricky I know. You don't want to keep the wrong guy, but you can't keep both of them long term.

:(
    Not gonna happen, there are actually quite a few teams that would love to have Orton as their starter and since Barkley is staying for another year it makes him even more valuable. If we want to sign Orton then we should do it, I personally think he is better then Matt Cassel. Given the situation of many teams we should trade Matt Cassel I'm guessing we'd get around a 2nd round pick for him. If we can get a high caliber qb with our first round pick then great if not we should pick up a monster offensive lineman or nose tackle.

You guys are crazy if you think Cassel is better than Orton. Cassel hasn't got any passing game going all season long and Orton just waltzes in here and puts in impressive numbers. Cassel is a better game manager? Yeah he can manage handing the ball off to Jamal Charles 30 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Matt Cassel threw 2 interceptions and only 160 yards against The Raiders this season, in Oakland.

That is not an opinion, which needs you to offer up some spin.

It's a fact. Period.

The stats are irrelevant.

The Chiefs won despite Matt Cassel.

Again..... You are accusing me of trying to argue, when there is nothing to argue.

It is facts, not opinion.

If you want to live in a world where the facts are arguable, have fun.

But the rest of live in reality, and facts are undeniable.

But what is truly amazing is how you try to deny the outright fact, and insist that I "Face the facts"?!?!?!?

Click your own link.

The fact is that Matt Cassel did nothing and the CHIEFS defense still beat The Raiders.

Your personal opinion of the statistics can not change it, no matter how upset you get about it.
    Fixed

Not upset at all I just realize I'm arguing with a troll.

I love this thread.

I don't know if Orton is better than Cassel, however, I don't believe him to be worse either which is why I would like to see him compete for the starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Fixed

Not upset at all I just realize I'm arguing with a troll.
    You were arguing with fact.

It's a guaranteed loss when you choose that.

But you can still keep it respectful.

Not defending Orton but in two games he put up 299 and 300 yards. Cassels best out of 9 games was 261 I believe. Please forgive me FairladyZZZZZZ, I have spoken against thou Cassel. I should be punished ; }

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast