Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton is still better

Default Orton is still better

Our team just played worse and the Raiders played better.

Matt cassel #'s in 28-0 win over raiders: 161 yards, 0 tds, 2 inceptions, 0 sacks

Kyle Orton's #'s in overtime loss to raiders: 300 yards, 1 td, 2 interception, 0 sacks.

Kyle Orton played better in his second game then Matt did in his third season with the Chiefs. As you can see Kyle Orton maybe better but he is just a bandage we need a lot of help our O-line got destroyed, we got beat by their speedy WR, and two FG's blocked WTF!!!!!!

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Chief this is the problem I have with cassel. Let's compare 2010 and 2011, with or without charles it isnt really that different, his play against .500 teams or better.

Last year against .500 teams or better his rating in 2010 was 64. 64!

His rating against teams with less than .500 rating is 99.4!!!!

Now let's look at this season which has been a tougher schedule.

Teams with .500 or below record this year, his rating is 95!!! Similar to last year

Teams with .500 or better his rating is 49.

Do you see my problem and why i think he is a mediocre qb at best? His playing numbers the past 2 seasons are identical when you break them down. I mean his stats against better teams arent a tad lower or a little bit lower it is a HUGE drop off. 64 last year and 49 this year? Both atrocious numbers
    2010 Chiefs, Yards per rushing attempt.... 4.7
    2011 Chiefs, Yards per rushing attempt.... 3.9

If your offense is based on the running game, then t a full yard per attempt is a drastic turn to the offense.

Without Charles is an enormous difference.

But, as for beating the better teams.....

I already mentioned that you take it one step at a time. You start out by learning to win against most teams, then you improve to be able to beat the really good teams.

This season, that learning curve was decimated by having a running offense without a successful running game.

The whole offense got thrown into a tailspin.

And the plays that are designed to open up running lanes just aren't all that effective for use in a passing offense.

Look, you are not going to change your mind. You are far too happy blaming Matt Cassel for everything.

He**, if I even type too many words into a reply, you won't even read it.

But, if you don't get how an offense that is designed for the running game is counter-productive to a QBs statistics, then we really can't make any progress in meeting up in the middle anywhere.

There are countless Cassel-haters on this site. And none will ever come off of that, short of Matt Cassel putting up big numbers.

And they will make countless excuses for why Kyle Orton lost to The Raiders, and even more excuses as to why Matt Cassel beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    WOW!! You are one delusional little boy!
    Do u even know what the word means.....because chief 31 and chiefster are from that, the cassel haters r delusional.

By the way everyone keeps talking money orton got paid 2.6 million to play 6 games if which he started 3 .

My point is his play from 2010 when yo ubreak it down isnt that much different from 2011, he still is awful against 500 or better teams whether our average rushing numbers were 4.7 or 3.9.

64 rating in 2010

49 rating in 2011.

And I dont see why that would change in the future
    No?

You can't possibly fathom how a running offense would get better results from their QB if their running game was more effective?

Really?

You don't see that?

And you also can't see how a QB might grow with an offense from season to season?

2011 set the learning curve back, because the running offense was no longer capable of running the ball effectively.

And, should we change to a pass-first offense, you don't think that a QB who played well in his only season as a pass-first QB might be able to do well again in that role?

Let me see where you stand.......

When we traded for Matt Cassel, how did you feel about it?

I agree that what most Chiefs fans like about Orton is he is not Cassel. I just don't see Orton as any better than Cassel.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I miss Berry.

We give up the huge play and can't make one. Do we even have a play of 50+ yards? I can't remember one. In the Cassel/Orton debate need to remember there was a coaching change.
    Bowe's longest TD catch of the season is 52 yds.

I felt like when the game was put on orton's shoulders he shined, he did exactly what he was supposed to.
    What kind of drugs are you smoking? 13 points is a FAIL by the offense. And a fail by the offense is a fail by the QB.

But....BTW....Thanks for getting rid of your signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    I just don't see Orton as any better than Cassel.
    And that right there is the problem. You're exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    I just don't see Orton as any better than Cassel.
    Couldn't agree more.

all i know is matt cassel has done well by me. Does he have his flaws? of course. He does get happy feet and sometimes he does hold onto the ball to long.
    His advantages over orton lets list then
    Younger, Bigger, Stronger, more mobile, faster, better accuracy, stronger arm, WAY better deep ball, more emotion, better leader, more respect in the locker room, better footwork, more chemistry with the team, can adapt better and faster, better thrower on the run. You don't have to agree with me i just think it's funny and kind of sad when people continue to talk trash on him after last year when he did what everyone said he couldn't
    Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    curse word at the end of the video just fyi
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 12-25-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    all i know is matt cassel has done well by me. Does he have his flaws? of course. He does get happy feet and sometimes he does hold onto the ball to long.
    His advantages over orton lets list then
    Younger, Bigger, Stronger, more mobile, faster, better accuracy, stronger arm, WAY better deep ball, more emotion, better leader, more respect in the locker room, better footwork, more chemistry with the team, can adapt better and faster, better thrower on the run. You don't have to agree with me i just think it's funny and kind of sad when people continue to talk trash on him after last year when he did what everyone said he couldn't
    Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    curse word at the end of the video just fyi
    Actually Cassel (born may 17, 1982) is 6 months older than Orton (born November 14, 1982) so you might want to replace "younger" with "more mature" LOL. And they are both 6' 4" tall, but Cassel is 5 pounds heavier, so you could technically say "bigger" or "fatter." Maybe that extra 5 pounds is solid muscle? Do you know what each player bench presses?

I won't argue with the rest of you list because those are all subjective opinions. I think Orton is a more accurate thrower, and as far as better footwork goes, I would give the edge to Kyle as well because he doesn't get "happy feet" under pressure in the pocket like Cassel does and you already admitted that Orton makes quicker decisions and gets rid of the ball faster so I wouldn't give Cassel as big of an edge as you would, but Like I said, there is a lot of subjectivity in it.

To me the bottom line is this year Orton has done a better job of moving the ball than Cassel has. Now how much of that can be attributed to the coaching change, different/better play calling. or improved play from the offensive line, and how much is due directly to the change in QB is impossible to say.

What I can say is that 2 games is way too small a sample size to make a decision on Orton, but he has looked pretty good so far.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast