Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner.....

Default Norv Turner.....

I would imagine his days are numbered in san diego, he and aj smith. Do you all think hell get another chance as a head coach or do you think we could get him in as an oc, i think that would be high profile amd would make the new hc, especially if its romeo, jjob easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why so much Pioli hate? Sure he stuck his nose in Haleys business...but thats cause Haley was fu*king everything up. We dont have a new HC yet so how do you know he will or will not be able to choose his own staff?? Dont hate for the sake of hating.
    EXACTLY!!! Pioli wasn't, and isn't the problem...Haley was, he's gone now...GOOD Riddens after what he did to our Chiefs chances this season!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I can only hope after all that went down, especially between Haley & Bowe...that we don't lose Bowe! Haley was trying to run some of our best players out of KC!!!

The players talk when not on camera...such as WG!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I can only hope after all that went down, especially between Haley & Bowe...that we don't lose Bowe! Haley was trying to run some of our best players out of KC!!!

The players talk when not on camera...such as WG!!
    I have to wonder why? Why would anyone be so full of themselves to do this. You get a chance at a HC job and proceed to self destruct? It's a bit mind boggling to me.

Especially to think had we won at least one more game we are playing for the postseason. The Steeler game comes to mind when our D played a pretty good game and Haley kept Plako in the game after all those int's. That was a very winnable game!
    Last edited by AkChief49; 12-28-2011 at 06:13 PM.

I have to agree with Fig here.

If there was so much animosity between Pioli and Haley, I find it impossible to believe that things could be so black-and-white as to be pure wrong-doing by one, and pure innocence by the other.

And, as HC, I do believe that Todd Haley should have been selecting his own coaching staff from the beginning.

If that means that he should be allowed to call the plays on offense, then that is what the HC thinks is best, for him to coach that way.

If Pioli did, indeed, force OCs unto Haley, then perhaps Pioli just needs to step out onto the field and be the HC, himself.

There are few legitimate HC candidates who would put up with someone interfering with how they want to coach.

I am not anti-Pioli.

But I couldn't dream that he was Haley's pawn, and just a victim of the tyranny from his own employee.

Maybe Haley pushed back, as I think a HC should, if he is being hand-cuffed by the GM, but I think it quite silly to believe that there is only one side to the story.

I do find it hard to believe that Haley would not do what he felt was best for the team. Is Stanzi really that bad that Palko was our only choice? This is Pioli's first GM job, let's hope he's not an Jerry Jones or Al Davis. Let the HC do his job. But again, this is all just speculation as to what really went on...

It's absolutely amazing to me how much one discovers with what occurs behind the scenes of the Chiefs franchise when living in KC, and interacting at various Chiefs events, as well as games. I knew about the problems with Haley back at camp...I witnessed it...the tension between Haley & Pioli, Haley & players, Haley & staff or assistant coaches.

The players love Crennel, they'll play for him, but they had lost most desire to play their best for Haley, many of them anyway. He beat them down, emotionally, verbally insulting, etc..

Take it for what it's worth y'all, but there is so much more to all of this, of which I'm not up to typing out, and many sources can't be revealed either. They call it, "family business"...those secrets an NFL franchise doesn't want leaked to the public, kept behind the closed doors of franchise offices and locker rooms.

As it circulates behind the scenes related to Palko/Stanzi: When it became apparent Palko wasn't getting it done, Pioli told Haley to put Stanzi in, or start Stanzi in the next game...Haley refused, kept on using Palko defying Pioli. This was prior to signing Orton. When Cassel was out, Haley convinced Pioli that Palko was better, Pioli went along until it became obvious Palko wasn't gonna cut it. Haley is the HC, the GM is his boss...period. The only boss Pioli has is Hunt. Even if Haley had been right, and Palko the better choice, you don't go against your GM...doing so goes against the franchise owner as much as it does going against the GM. It's a matter of respect for your GM, franchise, franchise owners, etc.. Pioli can't allow those under him to manipulate or boss him around...it's a matter of setting an example, and respect for authority. Haley refusing to replace Palko with Stanzi is just one conflict of many.

We lost Weis because of his ongoing conflicts with Haley. Haley had conflicts with Pioli, coaches, staff, and players, many players. We all saw the conflict on camera between he and Cassel. There were conflicts over the playcalling, so much more.

The players are respectful on camera, they have to be, it's what is expected of them, "family business"...and a matter of professionalism. Same is true of those in the front offices. Well, when some of the staff and players aren't on camera...they talk, and many who have are glad Haley is gone, and blame him more than any other factor of which brought so much negativity & conflict to the franchise this season.

Inside sources are saying the final straw with Haley relates to an 'alleged' conflict he had with Bowe on the practice field. Witnesses say while in a rage he said some pretty horrible & unjustified things to Bowe. Bowe went to Pioli over it. No doubt many witnesses were questioned who were there. Result = Haley fired prior to season end. He was going to be fired anyway after the season, but the 'alleged' conflict with Bowe pushed his firing up.

It's also being said that Bowe was in contract negotiations with the Chiefs when the conflict with Haley occurred, and it risked Bowe remaining in KC. Other players have 'allegedly' been heard when out & about, to say they wouldn't stay in KC if Haley was HC when their contracts expired.

That's the scoop from inside sources around KC, anyway. Wallace Gilberry's comments anti Haley came from a very reliable source, not uncomfirmed gossip.

I agree with connie jo there were anti haley remarks in june, i' ve said it before ill say it again the chiefs ambassadors do a bemefit for our local hospital, trent green was the chairman. Like i said they get a couple ****tails and u know loose lips so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to agree with Fig here.

If there was so much animosity between Pioli and Haley, I find it impossible to believe that things could be so black-and-white as to be pure wrong-doing by one, and pure innocence by the other.

And, as HC, I do believe that Todd Haley should have been selecting his own coaching staff from the beginning.

If that means that he should be allowed to call the plays on offense, then that is what the HC thinks is best, for him to coach that way.

If Pioli did, indeed, force OCs unto Haley, then perhaps Pioli just needs to step out onto the field and be the HC, himself.

There are few legitimate HC candidates who would put up with someone interfering with how they want to coach.

I am not anti-Pioli.

But I couldn't dream that he was Haley's pawn, and just a victim of the tyranny from his own employee.

Maybe Haley pushed back, as I think a HC should, if he is being hand-cuffed by the GM, but I think it quite silly to believe that there is only one side to the story.
    We could go back and forth on this all day but in the end, they players look like they are playing again now that Haley is gone. That speaks volumes to me. We beat the Pack, we are not getting blown out of games. These guys want to play again.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I agree with connie jo there were anti haley remarks in june, i' ve said it before ill say it again the chiefs ambassadors do a bemefit for our local hospital, trent green was the chairman. Like i said they get a couple ****tails and u know loose lips so to speak.
    ummm u cant say ****tail...really.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    ummm u cant say ****tail...really.
    Thats my fault. I have spent a lot of time trying to find ways around the swear filters!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast