Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Norv Turner.....

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default Norv Turner.....


    0 Not allowed!
    I would imagine his days are numbered in san diego, he and aj smith. Do you all think hell get another chance as a head coach or do you think we could get him in as an oc, i think that would be high profile amd would make the new hc, especially if its romeo, jjob easier.

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    In my opinion Haley cost this team a shot at the playoffs by sticking with Palko WAY beyond what he should have. It was blatantly obvious to everyone watching the games that Palko was not the answer. Blatantly obvious. There was no harm in testing the rookie(Stanzi).

    Combine that with everything else that has been said, Haley was making poor decisions on and off the field.

    Getting back to the point of the thread, if the Chiefs hire Norv Turner in any capacity then more heads should roll. That guy singlehandedly has imploded the Chargers.
    As an OC the.guy is proven, the chargers.imploding is more correlated to aj smith, i think hc isnt for norv but hes a darn good oc.

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,967
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 426

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    In my opinion Haley cost this team a shot at the playoffs by sticking with Palko WAY beyond what he should have. It was blatantly obvious to everyone watching the games that Palko was not the answer. Blatantly obvious. There was no harm in testing the rookie(Stanzi).

    Combine that with everything else that has been said, Haley was making poor decisions on and off the field.

    Getting back to the point of the thread, if the Chiefs hire Norv Turner in any capacity then more heads should roll. That guy singlehandedly has imploded the Chargers.
    I never understood the obvious man crush Haley had with Palko. I can understand throwing pics while under duress, but to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to the defender as if he was the intended receiver is quite another issue altogether. How in the world Palko even has a place in the NFL is beyond me.


  4. #43
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So let me get this straight...Pioli forced players and staff on Haley and he won Coach of the Year and make the playoffs and Pioli does not get any credit, but the following year he is the one to blame for those same players and coaches and he gets the blame??

    We were not winning with Haley...he won 4 games and we were not competitive AT ALL in the losses. Sure we were still in playoff contention...not due to Haleys coaching but due to a weak division.
    I'll give Pioli credit if you give Haley a break for losing some of our best players. If we didn't lose Jamaal Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel we'd be in the playoffs and Haley would still be fighting with Pioli over personal issues. Maybe Haley wasn't the right coach I'll admit that but maybe Pioli isn't the right GM. Time will tell, I think Pioli definetly has his good points but firing a guy because you don't get a long with him is childish.

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'll give Pioli credit if you give Haley a break for losing some of our best players. If we didn't lose Jamaal Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel we'd be in the playoffs and Haley would still be fighting with Pioli over personal issues. Maybe Haley wasn't the right coach I'll admit that but maybe Pioli isn't the right GM. Time will tell, I think Pioli definetly has his good points but firing a guy because you don't get a long with him is childish.
    Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

    Im not as down on Haley as I might appear, but I understand why he was fired. Sure things would have been a lot different with Charles and Berry but I think Haley has a lot to learn about being a HC!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

    Im not as down on Haley as I might appear, but I understand why he was fired. Sure things would have been a lot different with Charles and Berry but I think Haley has a lot to learn about being a HC!!
    Personell wise Pioli is great he finds some diamonds in the rough Kendrick Lewis in the fifth round and Justin Houston in the third still amazed with that.I just hope whoever is the new HC Pioli lets them coach and pick their own coordinators Norv Turner might be an amazing coordinator but if you don't fit in with the coaches idea of how he wants his team run then it's not a good fit and for Pioli if you don't believe in a guy don't hire him.

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Personell wise Pioli is great he finds some diamonds in the rough Kendrick Lewis in the fifth round and Justin Houston in the third still amazed with that.I just hope whoever is the new HC Pioli lets them coach and pick their own coordinators Norv Turner might be an amazing coordinator but if you don't fit in with the coaches idea of how he wants his team run then it's not a good fit and for Pioli if you don't believe in a guy don't hire him.
    For sure!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,393
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

    Im not as down on Haley as I might appear, but I understand why he was fired. Sure things would have been a lot different with Charles and Berry but I think Haley has a lot to learn about being a HC!!
    I agree! If his problem with Pioli was because of interfering with what He was trying to do, He has no issue, because he could not let go of being a OC. He was doing the same thing! The question now is, who was the biggest problem. Time will tell the answer to that. It may have been a personality clash, it happens, or it is a micromanagement issue from the top down. Time will tell.

  9. #48
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So if a coach is doing something detrimental to the team (playing Palko, and we all know it was detrimental) just to spite the his boss, then we all have to just sit there and take it?? Im glad we have a GM that will step in and straighten out a coach in that situation.

    And if every hammer in every nail with your left hand just to spite me and do it poorly...then you will get fired.
    He was not fired for a poor performance.

    And, if he was playing Palko to spite his boss, then clearly, he had already been ordered to make the witch.

    The GMs job is not to make on-the field decisions. That is the HCs job.

    And the whole situation seem to root at the OC position.

    If the HC wants to coach his team by calling the offensive plays, then that would be his decision too.

    But, again, what I am saying is that there nothing is going to convince me that Pioli was perfect in his dealing with Haley.

    And, while you may choose to argue that, I guarantee that Scott Pioli would not.

    As for the hammer and nail situation, you hired me to build the house. Don't tell me how to hammer, and I will do it right.

    But, when you come in, as an amateur, and try to tell me, the professional, how I should swing the hammer, you are in the wrong.

    Just because you have the option of the final say, (firing) does not change that you are wrong.

    Todd Haley is the HC, and Scott Pioli is not a coach at all.

    Todd Haley should have been doing the coaching, not Pioli.

    And now, because he refused to work with Todd Haley, who also could have done alot to improve his relationship with Pioi, Scott Pioli now finds himself with a situation of looking for a new HC, who is going to be willing to let Pioli make all the coaching calls.

    I don't think he is going to find any proven coaches to do that.

    I think he better let Crennel have the job. Because Any coach is getting other offers is going to go elsewhere.

    All I am saying is that Pioli is not innocent in this.

    He absolutely had his part in it.

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,393
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Pioli and Haley, both came to KC as rookies in there positions. Both, have made mistakes, but Pioli is higher up on the food chain. Change had to be made, or was ordered from the top, to be made. Hc falls before a GM takes a fall.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Prediction for Norv Turner
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 10:39 PM
  2. ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Dennison and Turner Say Goodbye To Denver
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •