Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we trade up to get first pick?

Default Can we trade up to get first pick?

I'm thinking about the Rams getting the first pick. If we can trade Bowe, Carr or Cassel for a first round pick and trade both first round picks for the first pick.

Does it sound possible?
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I think we would have to give up more than any of the 3 that were listed to get a first rounder. Bowe could be. But I don't see a 1st rounder for him. I think we would have to give up to much to get anther 1st round pick.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i heard the other day it was probably going to take 3 1st rounders to move up to #1. Since there is only two 1st round QB,s now, its going to cost alot to move up.
    Tomany holes to fill.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Nobody is going to pay 1st round picks for any player unproven player. I'll bet big money on that. In fact Im not sure anyone has ever paid 3 1st Rd picks for any player.

Regarding trades, Bowe may be a 1st rd'er. Cassel is no more than a 2nd. And Carr is no better than a 3rd.

To get Andrew Luck, I'd trade first rd'ers this year, give up a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year maybe.

That said, I'd prefer to keep those picks and find a way to keep Orton. He seems to like the players and culture here. And we could use some depth at qb. It cost us a trip to the playoffs this year. If not for the Palko experiment, we'd be in the playoffs and probably still have our coach.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.

We're not getting Luck, it will take at minimum 2 firsts, anymore firsts for him is pushing your "LUCK" for a chance that hes the best in 10 years. I think we should seriously consider RG3

We need a safety, linebacker, nose tackle, O-line and possibly a runningback. We just have too many needs to be trading away picks. At least this year.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Sackmaster58 View Post
    We're not getting Luck, it will take at minimum 2 firsts, anymore firsts for him is pushing your "LUCK" for a chance that hes the best in 10 years. I think we should seriously consider RG3
    I love rgiii, he plays like aaron rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Nobody is going to pay 1st round picks for any player unproven player. I'll bet big money on that. In fact Im not sure anyone has ever paid 3 1st Rd picks for any player.

Regarding trades, Bowe may be a 1st rd'er. Cassel is no more than a 2nd. And Carr is no better than a 3rd.

To get Andrew Luck, I'd trade first rd'ers this year, give up a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year maybe.

That said, I'd prefer to keep those picks and find a way to keep Orton. He seems to like the players and culture here. And we could use some depth at qb. It cost us a trip to the playoffs this year. If not for the Palko experiment, we'd be in the playoffs and probably still have our coach.
    I beg to differ there Coach, The Raiders, wait, oh they don't have any picks for the next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We need a safety, linebacker, nose tackle, O-line and possibly a runningback. We just have too many needs to be trading away picks. At least this year.
    I am not sure that we need a safety We will get Barry back and Kendrick Lewis has played pretty well this year. I don't think safety is going to be a big need. Well maybe for some depth if theres a pick late. O LINE is a clear biggest need IMO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

History shows that Pioli leans heavily towards drafting defense with the first pick. It also shows Pioli will likely not attempt to move up in the draft to get a QB. Pioli would more likely move back in the draft to gain more picks if the person he wants will still be there. Now with Carr and Bowe not being signed yet that could leave one to believe Pioli has plans for some sort of trade. The question is, for who or for what? Scott Pioli is a hard man to figure out. Pioli also comes from a background that likes to wheel and deal on draft day but you cannot trade players to move up or down in the draft, but you can use draft picks. So where does that leave us? My question is if we trade Bowe or Carr for picks before the draft, are we able to move up then? Will a trade for Orton or Cassel be in the mix?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast