Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets be real

Default Lets be real

Under a good line with a good run game Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton would be both good qb's....ELite? No, but good. I personally think Kyle Orton is the better passer I think he makes quicker decisions, he scans the field better, he throws a more accurate deep ball, he spreads the ball better, and just fundamentally throws the better ball. Matt Cassel is a tough SOB and I have always said that, he played tight end and is a better runner and everyone is right Cassel would have knocked that LB over and got that first down. The real questions is what direction do we want to go in. Modern teams that win superbowls have great qb's, Manning brothers (Eli may not be great but he's definetly good) , Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger etc. With the rules of protecting the WR's and qb it just seems like you need a great qb to win but doesn't necessarily make it 100%. No matter what I hope we can all agree that we need help on our O-line the Raiders game was appalling. Two blocked FG's that's just embarrassing. Not trying to bum anyone out on Christmas I think we looked so good against GB it just got everyones hopes up lets be honest we are a team that is on the brink of being good we just haven't quite found our identity but I really think next year we will be a playoff team especially when our injured players comeback.

Yesterday was a huge argument for drafting o-line. Two blocked field goals is just ridiculous. Picking someone up in free agency would be great too. I'm not thrilled with our qb situation but its better than our line situation.

I am happy with the two QB's we have. I would like to see how Cassel does under a different HC before judging him. He put up HUGE numbers at NE and did pretty well last year. I like Cassel and hope he can come back and stomp Orton for starter. But if Orton turns out to be the better passer, I'm willing to root for him and get behind him for our QB. I am quite cofident with our two QB's we are in good shape there and we should just work on our OL and getting a quality backup QB. Palko has to go.

these two quarterbacks are average.and average quarterbacks hardly ever win you championships.most of the time you need an elite quarterback to win a superbowl.look at the last superbowl champions and who they have as qb's
    manning colts
    brady pats
    rodgers g.b
    roethlesberger.pit
    manning nyg
    you need a franchise qb to win on a consitent basis not just a plug in guy that you hope will play descent.

We need a quarterback to bring the franchise back to the way it once was all too long ago, we need a much better Oline and we need to beef up the D. We need to bring Pride back to the AFC West, we need...I need to wake up, I think the coffee is done.....

As long as we're being honest, let's assess why we lost yesterday. The reason we were even in this spot is because of all the injuries this team has had. The play that setup the field goal was a ball thrown over the top that Eric Berry likely would have been able to make a play on. Without the injuries, this team wins at least 1-2 more games this year. Meaning they would have win the division. But lets face it, if we can't beat a team like the raiders at arrowhead, then we have no business in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-25-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Yes, we need a qb. I honestly dont care if it is orton or not, just get cassel out. We can't settle for mediocrity anymore or for the next 3 years we will be looking at 7-9 seasons, especially if the schedule is decent.

Btw, i really appreciate you okikc, that AV pic is the hottest chick i have ever seen. She's perfect
    We play the nfc south next yr so that will be tough but we will play he other teans that finish the bottom of their divisions since we will be in last place. So next yrs schedule wont be as tough as this years. U win u play tougher teams u lose u play weaker ones thats the way they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Under a good line with a good run game Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton would be both good qb's....ELite? No, but good. I personally think Kyle Orton is the better passer I think he makes quicker decisions, he scans the field better, he throws a more accurate deep ball, he spreads the ball better, and just fundamentally throws the better ball. Matt Cassel is a tough SOB and I have always said that, he played tight end and is a better runner and everyone is right Cassel would have knocked that LB over and got that first down. The real questions is what direction do we want to go in. Modern teams that win superbowls have great qb's, Manning brothers (Eli may not be great but he's definetly good) , Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger etc. With the rules of protecting the WR's and qb it just seems like you need a great qb to win but doesn't necessarily make it 100%. No matter what I hope we can all agree that we need help on our O-line the Raiders game was appalling. Two blocked FG's that's just embarrassing. Not trying to bum anyone out on Christmas I think we looked so good against GB it just got everyones hopes up lets be honest we are a team that is on the brink of being good we just haven't quite found our identity but I really think next year we will be a playoff team especially when our injured players comeback.
    I may be the lone wolf on this, but I think both Cassel, and Orton, have the ability to be elite QBs.

In Matt Cassel's first season on the field, he was right at the brink, and he was awfully close again, in 2010, with an offense that revolves around running, instead of throwing.

And Kyle Orton had elite statistics in 2010, only to see his offense killed by the firing of his HC, then getting benched.

Now, if you put either of them in s***ty circumstances (Cassel 1009 and 2011 - Orton 2005 and 2008) then they aren't going to do well, just like any QB ever....

Only Peyton Manning gets my nod as the exception here. But that took him more than a season to overcome and adapt.

And, as you said, the one missing element to judging any QB we might start in 2012, is what type of offense we will be installing/running.

But I truly think that Orton, or Cassel can be among the league's absolute best, if we put them into a good situation.

I maybe wrong but those blocked Field Goal attempts seemed to me to come against kicks with low trajectory.

Anyway, I think it's difficult to establish an identity among the players when they are constantly having to get used to new coaching personnel and philosophies year in and year out.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-25-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As long as we're being honest, let's assess why we lost yesterday. The reason we were even in this spot is because of all the injuries this team has had. The play that setup the field goal was a ball thrown over the top that Eric Berry likely would have been able to make a play on. Without the injuries, this team wins at least 1-2 more games this year. Meaning they would have win the division. But lets face it, if we can't beat a team like the raiders at arrowhead, then we have no business in the playoffs.
    Until the GB game I believed the same thing. The fact is, is there is no excuse why we played the way we did. And really, even if we had won, we still had no business in the playoffs. This division sucks!

azchiefsfan,
    I am happy with the two QB's we have. I would like to see how Cassel does under a different HC before judging him.
    That to me is also part of the problem, (not being mean) I am not happy with the two QB's we have but it's all we have right now. Heck, even when Phillip Rivers (Whom I Hate) is having a bad year he's better than anything we have. We don't need an ok QB, we need, we want, WE DESERVE The BEST!

slc chief,

these two quarterbacks are average.and average quarterbacks hardly ever win you championships.most of the time you need an elite quarterback to win a superbowl.look at the last superbowl champions and who they have as qb's
    manning colts
    brady pats
    rodgers g.b
    roethlesberger.pit
    manning nyg
    you need a franchise qb to win on a consitent basis not just a plug in guy that you hope will play descent.

Yea, What he said!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast