Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton is still better

Default Orton is still better

Our team just played worse and the Raiders played better.

Matt cassel #'s in 28-0 win over raiders: 161 yards, 0 tds, 2 inceptions, 0 sacks

Kyle Orton's #'s in overtime loss to raiders: 300 yards, 1 td, 2 interception, 0 sacks.

Kyle Orton played better in his second game then Matt did in his third season with the Chiefs. As you can see Kyle Orton maybe better but he is just a bandage we need a lot of help our O-line got destroyed, we got beat by their speedy WR, and two FG's blocked WTF!!!!!!

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!!

I miss Berry.

We give up the huge play and can't make one. Do we even have a play of 50+ yards? I can't remember one. In the Cassel/Orton debate need to remember there was a coaching change.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 12-24-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Our team just played worse and the Raiders played better.

Matt cassel #'s in 28-0 win over raiders: 161 yards, 0 tds, 2 inceptions, 0 sacks

Kyle Orton's #'s in overtime loss to raiders: 300 yards, 1 td, 2 interception, 0 sacks.

Kyle Orton played better in his second game then Matt did in his third season with the Chiefs. As you can see Kyle Orton maybe better but he is just a bandage we need a lot of help our O-line got destroyed, we got beat by their speedy WR, and two FG's blocked WTF!!!!!!

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!!

A win trumps stats.

Albeit, Cassel played poorly in that game. But winning with bad stats is better than losing, with great stats.

I still like Kye Orton.

But this "he's better because he passed for more yards" mentality is ridiculous.

He did still throw two INTs in scoring range, and we lost in OT.

I like how Orton moves the ball. It is a big plus from how Cassel had been doing.

But there are some advantages that Orton had, with the rest of the offense having been playing together all season, and Haley's hand out of the offense.

The best that The Chiefs can do for our 2012 QB situation would be to bring Orton back, and see if he is capable of winning a QB competition against Matt Cassel.

I want to see what happens next week. This could very well change everything as far as Orton, Cassel AND Crennel. Hunt and Pioli can not be happy after the show we gave last week.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    But there are some advantages that Orton had, with the rest of the offense having been playing together all season, and Haley's hand out of the offense.

The best that The Chiefs can do for our 2012 QB situation would be to bring Orton back, and see if he is capable of winning a QB competition against Matt Cassel.
    I'd like to see that. I may be in the minority, but I'm not ready to give up on Cassel just yet. I'd really like to see what he can do when he's not racing the play clock every down just to get the play from the sidelines. I think judging his numbers against Orton's, or any other QB, is kind of pointless until they're working under the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A win trumps stats.

Albeit, Cassel played poorly in that game. But winning with bad stats is better than losing, with great stats.

I still like Kye Orton.

But this "he's better because he passed for more yards" mentality is ridiculous.

He did still throw two INTs in scoring range, and we lost in OT.

I like how Orton moves the ball. It is a big plus from how Cassel had been doing.

Cassel didn't win the game and you know it quit trying to be a contrarian like you always do. Face the facts sir Kendrick Lewis and Brandon Flowers both had pick sixes, we had 6 interceptions that game 3 from Boller and 3 from Palmer, Javier Arenas rerturned a kick off for a td as well, Cassel had one decent drive at the end of the game that didn't mean anything beacause we were up by 3 td's and Mcclain ran it in. Heres the play by play:Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders - Play By Play - October 23, 2011 - ESPN . I don't understand why you argue about something you know is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by OxDeadface View Post
    I'd like to see that. I may be in the minority, but I'm not ready to give up on Cassel just yet. I'd really like to see what he can do when he's not racing the play clock every down just to get the play from the sidelines. I think judging his numbers against Orton's, or any other QB, is kind of pointless until they're working under the same people.
    I would love to see Cassel and Orton compete for the starting job next year, but I don't see any way that we keep them both. I wonder, though if there is a way we could keep both of them until after the 3rd preseason game and then trade the lesser player. That would mean signing Orton as a free agent and losing the compensatory draft pick knowing that we might be trading him right away and hoping we can get something of value in return for a player who couldn't beat out Cassel for the starting job. Maybe he would agree to sign a one year deal with the understanding that if he won the job over Cassel, we would immediately renegotiate his contract for a 4 or 5 year deal.

It's really tricky I know. You don't want to keep the wrong guy, but you can't keep both of them long term.

:(
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Facts gentlemen......

Neither Cassel nor Orton is a great QB.

Edge to Cassel as a "manager".

Edge to Orton as a passer.

Neither one of them is much better than a warm bucket of spit.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I would love to see Cassel and Orton compete for the starting job next year, but I don't see any way that we keep them both. I wonder, though if there is a way we could keep both of them until after the 3rd preseason game and then trade the lesser player. That would mean signing Orton as a free agent and losing the compensatory draft pick knowing that we might be trading him right away and hoping we can get something of value in return for a player who couldn't beat out Cassel for the starting job. Maybe he would agree to sign a one year deal with the understanding that if he won the job over Cassel, we would immediately renegotiate his contract for a 4 or 5 year deal.

It's really tricky I know. You don't want to keep the wrong guy, but you can't keep both of them long term.

:(
    ...This!

Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Facts gentlemen......

Neither Cassel nor Orton is a great QB.

Edge to Cassel as a "manager".

Edge to Orton as a passer.

Neither one of them is much better than a warm bucket of spit.
    They aren't that bad. If Tom Brady is a 99, I'd rate Orton as a 76 and Cassel as a 70 which is still a passing score but neither of them are going to make an okay team a great team.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast