Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The end all, be all Cassel/orton debate thread....

Default The end all, be all Cassel/orton debate thread....

There are alot of little flare ups on this forums about the cassel haters and Orton haters. Both players have strengths and weaknesses. Lets hear peoples voices about a pro and con about both players. Let's see where it goes and let's respect the other and keep it civil! Bottom line, we are all Chiefs fans or we wouldn't hopefully be on this forum.....God help us.

Cassel pro: think he scrambles better than Orton
    Cassel con: seems to panic under the first sign of pressure

Orton pro: Better downfield accuracy
    Orton con: His inexperience with this Organization, compared to Cassel

Just getting the ball rolling. Lets see what happens and where it goes....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    A few weeks ago I was on 610 Sports with Danny Parkins and he asked me which quarterback I thought the Kansas City Chiefs should bring back next year -- Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton. My answer was both of them. Why not stack the most important position in sports with as much talent as possible?

As it turns out, an Orton vs. Cassel training camp battle is indeed possible next year. Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that the Chiefs "will make an effort to sign [Orton] this offseason" and have him compete with Cassel next year.

Chiefs interim coach Romeo Crennel certainly sounded open to the possibility when asked a couple weeks ago about Orton's chances of sticking with the Chiefs beyond this season.

The question is whether Orton wants to return to KC. Reasons not to come back would be A.) more money elsewhere and/or B.) better opportunity elsewhere.

The Chiefs have the capability, as far as the salary cap is concerned, to throw a competitive offer at him. And it'll be interesting to see what kind of offers Orton has this offseason, and whether beating out Cassel in KC may be his best shot at a starting job.

So this tells us that this Week 17 game has a lot of importance. Orton will only play in three games for the Chiefs this year so every game on which you can evaluate him is an important one.
    ooop's my bad wrong one I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Yeah, but I'm too lazy to type in the url and look for the article (if it;s not on the first page.)

Thanks
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I know t feeling...lol

Notta problem:)

With Barkley coming back to school, and possibly RG3, then whichever QB we currently have becomes much more valuable to teams like the Redskins, Seattle, Miami, Cleveland and Jax.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456