Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my off the wall qb solution

Default my off the wall qb solution

I think we should take three QB's into camp next year in an open competion. Whether the incumbent is Cassell or Orton isn't important, but only one of them. The next person is Stanzi, he should be given a chance. The last person..... trade for Ryan Mallett.

The patriot connection is there, and he sat and learned from the very best this year. He has the physical tools to make absolutely every throw. He was a third round pick so we should be able to get him for fairly cheap.

I know this is out of left field and not very likely but I think it would be a good move. I just wish we would have drafted the guy in the first place

Didn't he just drafted this year? Have you seen him play?

I don't think this will happen but I'm not going to criticize your way of thinking. I know the Chiefs have to think outside the box to give us real competition in the QB position and beef up the OL in 2 or 3 spots, add another pass rusher, get a starting RB incase JC doesn't come back 100%, add another TE, and still sign our stars like Carr and Bowe.

First off we need to name a HC.

A new coach will probably want all new coaches and likely draft a starting QBOTF.

Orton may not even sign with the Chiefs. ( I hope he does)

A new starting RT and G/C is a must.

I Bowe gets franchised we should get an extra first round pick, but we loose one heck of a WR.

I think Carr would be a huge loss but we could win games without him if we get us another stud passrusher opposite Hali, so I could see us trading him for a second.(he is a restricted FA and I think we would get comensated.

This could be the biggest offseson we have seen in years and the managment has to be very creative to build and not screw it up.

I know money has to be an object but please for fans sake spent all you are able to Clark. We need to capture big name FA.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 12-28-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I don't think this will happen but I'm not going to criticize your way of thinking. I know the Chiefs have to think outside the box to give us real competition in the QB position and beef up the OL in 2 or 3 spots, add another pass rusher, get a starting RB incase JC doesn't come back 100%, add another TE, and still sign our stars like Carr and Bowe.

First off we need to name a HC.

A new coach will probably want all new coaches and likely draft a starting QBOTF.

Orton may not even sign with the Chiefs. ( I hope he does)

A new starting RT and G/C is a must.

I Bowe gets franchised we should get an extra first round pick, but we loose one heck of a WR.

I think Carr would be a huge loss but we could win games without him if we get us another stud passrusher opposite Hali, so I could see us trading him for a second.(he is a restricted FA and I think we would get comensated.

This could be the biggest offseson we have seen in years and the managment has to be very creative to build and not screw it up.

I know money has to be an object but please for fans sake spent all you are able to Clark. We need to capture big name FA.
    It appears I was wrong about the restricted FA.

Ryan Mallet is a nice option. He played very well in pre-season. Very accurate with his throws and has a strong arm.

Mallet has a very strong arm and is a good player, but what would you suggest us trade for him?

Depends on what we have in Stanzi. If he is as bad as Haley advertised then yes, but i'm not sure he is.

Why do you beleive the Patriots would even trade him?
    I wouldn't if I were them.

I hate to lose a key player, but.... franchise Brandon Carr and trade him straight up. They need defensive backs, we need a quarterback. Javier Arenas can step up and start in Carr's place.

Or trade Arenas and re-sign Carr. Maybe I like that one better, lol

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    I think we should take three QB's into camp next year in an open competion. Whether the incumbent is Cassell or Orton isn't important, but only one of them. The next person is Stanzi, he should be given a chance. The last person..... trade for Ryan Mallett.

The patriot connection is there, and he sat and learned from the very best this year. He has the physical tools to make absolutely every throw. He was a third round pick so we should be able to get him for fairly cheap.

I know this is out of left field and not very likely but I think it would be a good move. I just wish we would have drafted the guy in the first place
    The idea is a little off the wall, but I have no issues with anything said here.

Above all else, I hope Clark Hunt will drag out his wallet and start beating people over the head with it.

We have a great "core team" and we have lots of cap room.

Let's go win an AFC Championship!!!

Cool Another off-the-wall solution

It's very possible that the Rams could end up with the top pick after all is said and done, in which case St. Louis may try to unload Bradford and pick up Luck. It may take quite a bit to get him, but I think Bradford would be worth our first round pick. Perhaps even trade Bowe for Bradford, then pick up a receiver in the draft to fill the void.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast