Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Question from a Colts fan

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    Greetings Chiefs fans,

    I'm having fun watching my Colts win, don't get me wrong (and by the way, congrats on the wins over Pitt and SD! Those are good teams!), but after every win, all I can think is, so what? Are they going to forget that they're allowed to run the ball in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row?

    I know it's a horrible thing to say, and I'm going to root root root all year, especially these next two against Denver and NE we've got coming up, but it's just heartbreaking year after year watching your team come up just short. I thought the Colts were the best team in the NFL in 2003 and 2005 for sure. 2004? I know NE was injury-decimated, but they just seemed to have destiny on their side - don't know how much shame there is in that.

    Anyway, didn't the Chiefs have a few frustrating years where their playoff runs ended sooner than they hoped, i.e. 1995 (sorry!), 1997, 2003 (sorry!), and a couple others (can't remember)?

    Do you guys ever get the feeling I get watching your team in the regular season?

    Not trying to stir up bad memories, just kind of hoping to get some moral support! :pint:

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,353
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    DalTXColts wrote:
    Greetings Chiefs fans,

    I'm having fun watching my Colts win, don't get me wrong (and by the way, congrats on the wins over Pitt and SD! Those are good teams!), but after every win, all I can think is, so what? Are they going to forget that they're allowed to run the ball in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row?

    I know it's a horrible thing to say, and I'm going to root root root all year, especially these next two against Denver and NE we've got coming up, but it's just heartbreaking year after year watching your team come up just short. I thought the Colts were the best team in the NFL in 2003 and 2005 for sure. 2004? I know NE was injury-decimated, but they just seemed to have destiny on their side - don't know how much shame there is in that.

    Anyway, didn't the Chiefs have a few frustrating years where their playoff runs ended sooner than they hoped, i.e. 1995 (sorry!), 1997, 2003 (sorry!), and a couple others (can't remember)?

    Do you guys ever get the feeling I get watching your team in the regular season?

    Not trying to stir up bad memories, just kind of hoping to get some moral support! :pint:
    Well frustrating, Yes, but that is the name of the beast, football that is, that carrot, that is just out of reach, giving undying Hope :pint: (sorry couldn't resist that grin)
    that on the next grab, it is yours. To a Football Fan, there is either WE WON!, or wait till the next game, or season.
    Sorry that is all the encouragement I can give, because that is sadly the best description of what I go through.
    Now that the sermon is over, I do what I do best, and that is Hollar, GO CHIEF'S :hammer: Whoever we are playing at the time, like below!

    GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Seahawks!!

    8-) :pint:

  3. #3
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    DalTXColts wrote:
    Greetings Chiefs fans,

    I'm having fun watching my Colts win, don't get me wrong (and by the way, congrats on the wins over Pitt and SD! Those are good teams!), but after every win, all I can think is, so what? Are they going to forget that they're allowed to run the ball in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row?

    I know it's a horrible thing to say, and I'm going to root root root all year, especially these next two against Denver and NE we've got coming up, but it's just heartbreaking year after year watching your team come up just short. I thought the Colts were the best team in the NFL in 2003 and 2005 for sure. 2004? I know NE was injury-decimated, but they just seemed to have destiny on their side - don't know how much shame there is in that.

    Anyway, didn't the Chiefs have a few frustrating years where their playoff runs ended sooner than they hoped, i.e. 1995 (sorry!), 1997, 2003 (sorry!), and a couple others (can't remember)?

    Do you guys ever get the feeling I get watching your team in the regular season?

    Not trying to stir up bad memories, just kind of hoping to get some moral support! :pint:
    first and foremost, welcome to the board. One correction here. We didn't beat Pitt. OL'E is more the term on that one.

    Yes, I know exactly how you feel. Way too many trips to the playoffs with nothing to show for it. Someday that will change. Hopefully, in my lifetime.

    As usual, it is the Colts title to lose again this year. it will be interesting to see if you guys can defeat the hump we haven't been able to get over.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    DalTXColts wrote:
    Greetings Chiefs fans,

    I'm having fun watching my Colts win, don't get me wrong (and by the way, congrats on the wins over Pitt and SD! Those are good teams!), but after every win, all I can think is, so what? Are they going to forget that they're allowed to run the ball in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row?

    I know it's a horrible thing to say, and I'm going to root root root all year, especially these next two against Denver and NE we've got coming up, but it's just heartbreaking year after year watching your team come up just short. I thought the Colts were the best team in the NFL in 2003 and 2005 for sure. 2004? I know NE was injury-decimated, but they just seemed to have destiny on their side - don't know how much shame there is in that.

    Anyway, didn't the Chiefs have a few frustrating years where their playoff runs ended sooner than they hoped, i.e. 1995 (sorry!), 1997, 2003 (sorry!), and a couple others (can't remember)?

    Do you guys ever get the feeling I get watching your team in the regular season?

    Not trying to stir up bad memories, just kind of hoping to get some moral support! :pint:
    Try the 90's.

    Welcome to the Crowd, and I don't think there is a Chiefs fan anywhere that can't sympathize with how you feel.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    I have, absolutly, no idea what you people are talking about. When, and if, my team makes the playoffs, The only thing that I can see is the prize. Doubts only set into my mind when the game is on, and things aren't going the way I had envisioned them.
    I become blind. Blind I tell you, BLIND!!!!!! I don't see the past, I see the future. The Super Bowl!!!! The ring!!!!
    My N.F.L. CHAMPIONS tee shirt.

    I have always had a piss-poor memory.(sometimes a bad thing, sometimes a good thing.) When my team fails to look good enough for the playoffs, however, I tend to scream and shout about the problems. I throw my hands up in the air and curse the team that I love. This is the life of a Cubs fan.(secondary to my Chiefs.)

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    chief31 wrote:
    I have, absolutly, no idea what you people are talking about. When, and if, my team makes the playoffs, The only thing that I can see is the prize. Doubts only set into my mind when the game is on, and things aren't going the way I had envisioned them.
    I become blind. Blind I tell you, BLIND!!!!!! I don't see the past, I see the future. The Super Bowl!!!! The ring!!!!
    My N.F.L. CHAMPIONS tee shirt.

    I have always had a piss-poor memory.(sometimes a bad thing, sometimes a good thing.) When my team fails to look good enough for the playoffs, however, I tend to scream and shout about the problems. I throw my hands up in the air and curse the team that I love. This is the life of a Cubs fan.(secondary to my Chiefs.)
    Oh come now my friend; why so reserved, tell us how you really feel. :-D


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Left coast
    Posts
    300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    The problem with the Colts, and the reason they won't go to a SB, is Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy.

    Dungy (and Tom Moore) gives Manning far too much freedom in his playcalling.

    Manning is responsible for forgetting that they have a ground game, and that they need to establish some balance in order to negate some of the defensive pressure.

    The problem there is that Manning wilts in the face of a pass rush like the ones he's faced against NE and Pittsburg in the playoffs.

    Every QB struggles against pressure, but the really great ones, Unitas, Montana, Elway, etc, makes plays when they need to on a consistent basis.

    Manning doesn't

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default Re: Question from a Colts fan


    0 Not allowed!
    milkman wrote:
    The problem with the Colts, and the reason they won't go to a SB, is Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy.

    Dungy (and Tom Moore) gives Manning far too much freedom in his playcalling.

    Manning is responsible for forgetting that they have a ground game, and that they need to establish some balance in order to negate some of the defensive pressure.

    The problem there is that Manning wilts in the face of a pass rush like the ones he's faced against NE and Pittsburg in the playoffs.

    Every QB struggles against pressure, but the really great ones, Unitas, Montana, Elway, etc, makes plays when they need to on a consistent basis.

    Manning doesn't

    Agreed!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •