The Kansas City Chiefs have had they’re fair share of injuries this season and it looks like they’ve got another one to add to the list.
RB Jackie Battle is apparently in a walking boot, according to interim head coach Romeo Crennel.
“As far as our roster is concerned, Jackie Battle got banged up in the game,” Crennel said on Monday. “He is in a boot. We’re doing x-rays, MRIs and second opinions to try to figure out what his situation is.”
“Right now, he’s not practicing today so right now if I had to list him I’d list him as doubtful. Until we can get a determination from the doctors, I’ll make a determination at that time what we need to do, if anything, as it relates to the roster.”
This is bad news for the Chiefs because no Jackie Battle means MORE Thomas Jones. Jones has had a moment or two this season but he isn’t the kind of guy you want shouldering the burden of your running game any more. If Battle sits, we’ll likely see a lot McCluster and Jones.
If Battle is likely to be out, the Chiefs might want to consider placing him on IR so they can promote RB Shaun Draughn to the active roster to give him a look. KC will need some extra RB help next season and they have a pretty good idea of what they have in Battle. It might not hurt to get a look at Draughn before the season is out.