Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Battle Hurt?

Default Jackie Battle Hurt?

The Kansas City Chiefs have had they’re fair share of injuries this season and it looks like they’ve got another one to add to the list.
    RB Jackie Battle is apparently in a walking boot, according to interim head coach Romeo Crennel.
    “As far as our roster is concerned, Jackie Battle got banged up in the game,” Crennel said on Monday. “He is in a boot. We’re doing x-rays, MRIs and second opinions to try to figure out what his situation is.”
    “Right now, he’s not practicing today so right now if I had to list him I’d list him as doubtful. Until we can get a determination from the doctors, I’ll make a determination at that time what we need to do, if anything, as it relates to the roster.”
    This is bad news for the Chiefs because no Jackie Battle means MORE Thomas Jones. Jones has had a moment or two this season but he isn’t the kind of guy you want shouldering the burden of your running game any more. If Battle sits, we’ll likely see a lot McCluster and Jones.
    If Battle is likely to be out, the Chiefs might want to consider placing him on IR so they can promote RB Shaun Draughn to the active roster to give him a look. KC will need some extra RB help next season and they have a pretty good idea of what they have in Battle. It might not hurt to get a look at Draughn before the season is out.

I think between Jones, McCluster and McClain we should be alright. We will probably have to rely on the pass a little more, but I think Orton is up to the task.

Thank God it's the last game of the season and we won't have to worry about injuries for a while. Between Chiefs injuries and Bears injuries, This season has just been a train wreck for me.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Hate to say this but Running Back may be #1 on the Chiefs Draft needs. Not sure who is out there as far as free agents.

1. We need depth at RB bad.
    2. How will Charles rehab from his injury. Will this injury slow him down, making him less effective. The Chiefs need a plan B, if Charles is never the Charles we used to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Hate to say this but Running Back may be #1 on the Chiefs Draft needs. Not sure who is out there as far as free agents.

1. We need depth at RB bad.
    2. How will Charles rehab from his injury. Will this injury slow him down, making him less effective. The Chiefs need a plan B, if Charles is never the Charles we used to know.
    I agree. ACL injuries are no joke despite where we are with technology. Man I cant help it but okoye, holmes, we cant.catch a freaking break and jc was on his way. Ive watched that play over and over its a freak tear. Has anyone heard anything tangible on his rehab.

We may do what need to get the sevices of a mr richardson.

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I did hear a few weeks ago that JC's rehab and workout was going very well. I'm hoping for the very best!

I can't site the reference but I read something earlier this week that Romeo had planned to use a heavy dose of veterans in the Denver game. Battle may not have been due more than a handful of carries anyway.

Trent Richardson in the 1st round. Go Chiefs!

A chiefs rb hurt sums up our season good to here the news about Charles though
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm with Topeka, I almost find myself relieved that the season is almost over just so that we can put this nightmare behind us and start to get to work on next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast