Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanzi.....

Default Stanzi.....

Am i missing something with him I liked what I saw from him this pteseason. Why are we so quick to give up on him. He isnt brodie croyle is he. I think between the three orton, cassel, and stanzi qb should not be a top priority unless by some miracle rg iii is there at 15 which is where i think well pick.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Am i missing something with him I liked what I saw from him this pteseason. Why are we so quick to give up on him. He isnt brodie croyle is he. I think between the three orton, cassel, and stanzi qb should not be a top priority unless by some miracle rg iii is there at 15 which is where i think well pick.
    I think Stanzi looked better than Palko in preseason and should've gotten the backup role. I'm wondering what all of the avoidance of considering playing him is all about. I heard a pretty lengthly interview with him and he is a sharp confident but humble kid. I wanna see what he can do.

They know more than we do, and just might not be that confident in him yet....

He would have gotten his shot if we hadn't picked up Orton, but with that signing, it pushed him back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    They know more than we do, and just might not be that confident in him yet....

He would have gotten his shot if we hadn't picked up Orton, but with that signing, it pushed him back again.
    This. I don't think they have given up on him at all. It seems like most of the fans have though.

Remember because of the lockout, this was a very short preseason and we had to get the starters ready in a hurry. Right after Cassell was hurt, Orton fell into our laps and Stanzi never got a chance to even work out as a backup.

Give him a full off season with training camp, OTAs and voluntary workouts, etc., and we should have a much better feel for what he can do next year.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    This. I don't think they have given up on him at all. It seems like most of the fans have though.

Remember because of the lockout, this was a very short preseason and we had to get the starters ready in a hurry. Right after Cassell was hurt, Orton fell into our laps and Stanzi never got a chance to even work out as a backup.

Give him a full off season with training camp, OTAs and voluntary workouts, etc., and we should have a much better feel for what he can do next year.
    With that said then a qb, which alot of people want, is somethin we really dont need to address this off season.

I like stanzi i hope it works out, would be the first qb we have developed in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Was doing some research on Stanzi and Found this article: Is Ricky Stanzi the Next Tom Brady?

Most would think this comparrison comes from the fact the Pioli drafted him.... but this article was actually written before last years draft.

Coincidence that Pioli was the GM who took a shot on him? I think not, Now I'm not saying that Stanzi is our next Tom Brady, but I'd be pressed to say that if an analyst compared his situation to that of Tom Brady, you have to think that the guy that chose to draft him saw some similarities as well.

I know Stanzi hasn't had the shot yet, but I do agree with the above post about the shortened off-season, I think one of the biggest mistakes GM's and Coaches make today is throwing young QB's in before they are ready, or tossing them into situations with a bad supporting cast (skill players, o-line, and defense) and expecting them to be the savior of a franchise (Ex: Gabbert and Ponder this year)

Maybe they do see something in him, and maybe they just want to wait until the right time to give him a shot, and know that they may potentially screw it up if they put him in to early. Who knows, maybe he does well enough to become the backup next season instead of 3rd on the depth chart... Maybe the Patriot Way has followed Pioli to KC and at the Beginning of next season and Cassel get's knocked out in game one, and Stanzi is prepped, ready for the job, and take's it and runs with it....

We can hope can't we...

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

blame haily for sticking with useless palko. stanzi should have had his chance then. he may never get to see his chance in a kc jersey.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    With that said then a qb, which alot of people want, is somethin we really dont need to address this off season.

I like stanzi i hope it works out, would be the first qb we have developed in a while.
    That's the thing. We talk about 1st rd drafts of qbs but what about this guy. He had a really long highlight reel. I got a feeling this is another diamond. We really need to see him in a regular season game situation...Denver. The game doesnt count and we would benefit from a loss, anyways. Hate to say that but we need to look ahead towards next year. I wanna see Stanzi. Thats a piece of the puzzle we need to know about, before we start trying to make other pieces fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    That's the thing. We talk about 1st rd drafts of qbs but what about this guy. He had a really long highlight reel. I got a feeling this is another diamond. We really need to see him in a regular season game situation...Denver. The game doesnt count and we would benefit from a loss, anyways. Hate to say that but we need to look ahead towards next year. I wanna see Stanzi. Thats a piece of the puzzle we need to know about, before we start trying to make other pieces fit.
    Since we don't know who the HC is going to be after Sunday unfortunatly that trumps all evaluation. We are not really in a position to evaluate with Romeo trying to win this last game to make a case for his HC bid.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    blame haily for sticking with useless palko. stanzi should have had his chance then. he may never get to see his chance in a kc jersey.
    Agreed. Stanzi should have Played already. But he didn't and it cost Haley his job. I will never understand why he stuck with Palko for as long as he did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast