Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: QB challenge 2012 edition

Default QB challenge 2012 edition

Career stats
    Cassel 59% 11,699 yards 76td's 45int 169.6 ypg 82.5 rate passes 20+ yards 139 40+ yards 23
    Orton 58.3% 14,532 yards 80td's 50int 204.7pg 79.4 rate passes 20+ yards 174 40+ yards 31

Last 3 games
    Cassel 52.4 607 yards 2td's 2int 202 ypg rate 69.4 sks 12
    Orton 60.8% 779 yards 1td 2int 260 ypg 81.1 rate sks 1

Against the same opponents as a Chief 2011/12 season
    (Denver and Raiders)
    Cassel 48.2% 254 yards 1td 2int 52.4 rate 2sks 1 win
    Orton 55% 480 yards 1td 2int 71 rate 1sks 1 win

This is a lot of work so if anyone wants to help out I'm all for it, I'm going to next look at how they both performed against top 5 pass defenses but I have some things to do today, so It might take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So that makes him good? He hit 10 different receivers in that game. He had plenty of options to throw to.

And if we are still comparing him to Cassel, the same thing can be said!!
    The RED ZONE is not between the 20's. Different ball game there.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    The RED ZONE is not between the 20's. Different ball game there.
    You confuse me...so he can hit 10 different Receivers on the field...but soon as they are in the Red Zone he cant?? ....how does this make him better than Cassel??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

You confuse me...so he can hit 10 different Receivers on the field...but soon as they are in the Red Zone he cant?? ....how does this make him better than Cassel??
    Right now I'd say he is better because he doesn't go 3 nearly as much as Cassel, he moves the ball better, he may not score a lot of TD's (neither do) but he puts our offense on the field longer which in turn cuts the time the other teams offense is on the field and we have a fresh strong defense that can contain the other team, and he gets us in kicking range those blocks were not his fault. I personally do not think either are great qb's are the long term answer but at the moment I believe Orton gives us a better chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Right now I'd say he is better because he doesn't go 3 nearly as much as Cassel, he moves the ball better, he may not score a lot of TD's (neither do) but he puts our offense on the field longer which in turn cuts the time the other teams offense is on the field and we have a fresh strong defense that can contain the other team, and he gets us in kicking range those blocks were not his fault. I personally do not think either are great qb's are the long term answer but at the moment I believe Orton gives us a better chance to win.
    I have said this all along. But that is still not a guy that is winning us games. That is a guy that is allowing the defense to win us games. My point in all of this is that we are all discussing who is the better of two average (at best) QBs. I think people give Cassel fat too much sh!t and Orton far too much credit. Lets be honest...if Orton had lost to Green Bay none of us would be having this conversation.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I have said this all along. But that is still not a guy that is winning us games. That is a guy that is allowing the defense to win us games. My point in all of this is that we are all discussing who is the better of two average (at best) QBs. I think people give Cassel fat too much sh!t and Orton far too much credit. Lets be honest...if Orton had lost to Green Bay none of us would be having this conversation.
    I'm not even sure what we are arguing/discussing I think Orton is a little better then Cassel but neither are great or the long team answer, do you agree or disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'm not even sure what we are arguing/discussing I think Orton is a little better then Cassel but neither are great or the long team answer, do you agree or disagree?
    Me neither. I think if you grade the pro and cons they work out to be the same. Orton moves the ball well, but I like Cassel in the Red Zone. I say put Orton in between the 20s and Cassel in the Red Zone.

Ultimately I could care less if either guy is around in Sept. We need to upgrade at the QB spot.

Me neither. I think if you grade the pro and cons they work out to be the same. Orton moves the ball well, but I like Cassel in the Red Zone. I say put Orton in between the 20s and Cassel in the Red Zone.

Ultimately I could care less if either guy is around in Sept. We need to upgrade at the QB spot.
    I agree the QB spot is as weak or weaker then the OL. However I think we need at least one of these guys for depth or for starting, without either of them we only have Stanzi and who knows what he has. I'd like to see the Chiefs sign Orton and draft a qb in the first or second round. I would not have a problem trading up or down, if it helps land a qb in the first two rounds.

All that Cassel, or Orton needs is some support.

We have watched both guys play at a level that most of us seem to think they are incapable of.

Pick either guy, and commit to him, while working to improve the offense around him, and either one can get this team to the top of the heap.

Orton had spent two straight seasons playing the part of the 4,000 yard passer, while basically doubling his INTs with TD passes.

And Cassel has had two exceptional seasons, of the three and a half that he has played.

You provide either of these guys with the kind of support that your "elite" QBs get, and they will become "elite" QBs.

This nonstop merry-go-round ride, where we try to dump everybody every other season is what keeps teams like The Browns, The Raiders, and, currently, The Chiefs, from become serious contenders.

We have had major changes to the offense each of the past three seasons.

Find a plan, and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

We have watched both guys play at a level that most of us seem to think they are incapable of.

Pick either guy, and commit to him, while working to improve the offense around him, and either one can get this team to the top of the heap.

Orton had spent two straight seasons playing the part of the 4,000 yard passer, while basically doubling his INTs with TD passes.

And Cassel has had two exceptional seasons, of the three and a half that he has played.

You provide either of these guys with the kind of support that your "elite" QBs get, and they will become "elite" QBs.

This nonstop merry-go-round ride, where we try to dump everybody every other season is what keeps teams like The Browns, The Raiders, and, currently, The Chiefs, from become serious contenders.

I agree whomever is our qb needs a solid line and the ability to take advantage of what the defense is doing if they are blitzing don't run the ball up the middle, drop the ball of to your slot receiver and pick up a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

You're probably right, a good line -either of them would do.
    Can anyone tell me if Stanzi has any shot? Is he viable with a little time? Or is he a big waste of it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast