Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mcdaniels will not be hc of chiefs for sure

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    He had a better rating between the 2 with more yards per game and is 2-1 with the chiefs. You need to look up what cassels record is against .500 teams or better in his 3 years here. So how about that for stats? Haha

We try to tell you over nad over, TD throws are TIMING THROWS, orton has been HERE FOR 3 WEEKS. Not any time to get down with his WR. HEs done a great job this year for only practicing 3 weeks withour team, betterthan what cassel has done, and we were 1 fg away from winning the division.
    But u r right 13pts a game is astronomically better than what we got from cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Listen to me very carefully. Chief 31 can even concur this. I honestly dont care if orton gets the starting job. It really doesnt matter to me. All I want is Cassel OUT. When we signed orton I thought he could be the guy that comes in and forces cassel out.

If you really want to break down the numbers and let me prove to you why I think Cassel isnt the answer we can do that. If he was an *** kicking fool or even a good quarterback I would support him 100%, the problem is he isnt.

The reason you cant really compare the stats of last year is BECAUSE THEYWERE ON DIFFERENT TEAMS. Where is Kyle Orton's jamaal charles? Where is his 6"3 huge red zone target in dwayne bowe? A lot of Cassel's TD passes were lobs to bowe over smaller cornerslast year. But hey, if you want me to break down the stats and play of cassel just let me know, and I can do that.. I will show you why he is not a franchise qb, or even a solid one.

Chief 31 said hethinks ortoncan be elite, I do not thinkthat. My plan would be to start orton and draft a qb this year, groom him, let him learn from the sideline and have him play the 2013 season MAYBE, butdef the 2014 season.

When you keep cassel as the starter, you are already paying him tons of money and have him signed foranother 3 years i believe. There is no way you are going to keep cassel and then draft a qb and PAY HIM AS WELL. This franchise definitely will not do that.
    Ur right brandon lloyd and jabar gafney and eddie royal are mediocre reveivers and lloyd didn break any single gane records as a receiver. so cassel had a pro bowl yr cuz of jamaal but we cant attribute struggling to know jamaal. hypocrisy at its finest.

and i have asked this of. all people who want to draft a qb. do u know something about ricki stanzi that i dont. i liked what i saw in the pre season. why are u so quick to give up on him. the kid can make all the throws.

im lazy and not gonna look it up but from the games i went to moeaki was targeted an awful lot in the redzone, more so than bowe.....

The bandwagoners just jump on the newest and greatest each time. If Orton won the job and then we struggled next year, it would take 2 games before they were off that bandwagon and on to the next "big thing". Cassel has proven in 2 out of 4 seasons, with minimal talent(Moss being the only exception in 08) he can win games and take a team to the playoffs. THUS FAR, Orton hasn't. I think between the two Orton has the better arm. But, like fellow gunslinger(and far more talented QB) Favre, he can get himself into trouble fast trying to force things to happen. Cassel is methodical and wants to protect the ball, so he needs pretty good help around him. Of the two styles, I would rather build around Cassel. But if Orton can work on his crunch time accuracy and decision-making, he might be the better QB. I just think it is nuts to try to say Cassel is no good when he has taken his teams to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years.

Correction: The 2008 11-5 Patriots missed the playoffs.

It all starts with protection. Whomever the QB is will be mediocre at best if we don't improve our O line. Having said that, in the last 10 years there have only been 2 QB's that were not ELITE QB's that have won the Superbowl. Bottom line is that in this day of the league being more offensive than defensive it's more than likely going to take an act of god for us to win a Superbowl if we don't somehow develop or acquire a big time QB.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Ur right brandon lloyd and jabar gafney and eddie royal are mediocre reveivers and lloyd didn break any single gane records as a receiver. so cassel had a pro bowl yr cuz of jamaal but we cant attribute struggling to know jamaal. hypocrisy at its finest.

and i have asked this of. all people who want to draft a qb. do u know something about ricki stanzi that i dont. i liked what i saw in the pre season. why are u so quick to give up on him. the kid can make all the throws.

im lazy and not gonna look it up but from the games i went to moeaki was targeted an awful lot in the redzone, more so than bowe.....
    How is Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd doing since Orton left? Brandon Lloyd never had over 750 yards prior to Orton and him getting together and will likely never have over 1000 yards the rest of his career as to Royal what has he done, Gafney is a good second receiver but he's no Dwayne Bowe. I think Orton and Cassel are pretty comparable but I'd give Orton the edge in passing and Cassel the edge in running the ball.

Im confused is this a McDaniels or another Orton/Cassel thread?

The thing with McDanials in Denver is "I Think" was he was playing the role of not only HC but GM also. That is alot for a first time HC. Look what happen to Haley his first year in KC as HC. He fired the OC and took over both spots. More than he could handle. I think that was the case with McDanials in Denver. Not that I am Pro McDanials! I do find it interesting that the Rams fired everyone but McDanials.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The thing with McDanials in Denver is "I Think" was he was playing the role of not only HC but GM also. That is alot for a first time HC. Look what happen to Haley his first year in KC as HC. He fired the OC and took over both spots. More than he could handle. I think that was the case with McDanials in Denver. Not that I am Pro McDanials! I do find it interesting that the Rams fired everyone but McDanials.

It's because he is still under contract through 2013.

McDaniels Only Assistant Under Contract « CBS St. Louis

Contracts are made to be broken, just sayin...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast