Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Flynn

Default Matt Flynn

Why not go after Flynn from the Packers and let Orton and Cassel battle it out for the clip board position!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think Flynn is an intriguing option. He's someone who has already shown promise in the NFL. I think he'd be worth a first round pick.

31 of 44 for 480 yards..... Nice choice Canada, I'll take that pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I think Flynn is an intriguing option. He's someone who has already shown promise in the NFL. I think he'd be worth a first round pick.
    He'll be a free agent, so the Chiefs would have to be the winning bidder.

I wouldn't mind Flynn, I don't see Pioli dealing out another long-term deal to a QB though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

I wouldn't mind Flynn, I don't see Pioli dealing out another long-term deal to a QB though, unfortunately.
    We dont have a long term QB now. Why wouldnt he?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We dont have a long term QB now. Why wouldnt he?
    Well Cassel is signed through 2014, due 5.25M, 7M, and 9M over the next 3 years. Of course none of that is guaranteed.

We'd likely see Cassel released if the organization decided to take a shot a Flynn.

Well Cassel is signed through 2014, due 5.25M, 7M, and 9M over the next 3 years. Of course none of that is guaranteed.

We'd likely see Cassel released if the organization decided to take a shot a Flynn.
    So there is no reason for you to think Pioli wouldnt do it. Stop hating!!

Same here.

He is going to get a big payday. And, much like Matt Cassel then, he was playing on an exceptional offense, but with far less game experience to suggest that he is for real. I would be fine with it. But I would hate to see all competition removed to make room for him.

I would want either Orton, or Cassel to remain, to supply us with a real starter, in case Flynn were to get here and struggle with the offense.

This is not The Packers' offense. And we have seen how a QB successful with an offense can struggle with a major change to the offense.

Would I go after him? Probably not. But, if Orton, or Cassel leaves, then I might.

It's just that so little has been seen of Flynn. This is basically one game getting him hyped up. Beyond this game, and some impressive preseason play, there is very little to look at, with Flynn.

Yeah my bad. I do think that there's a decent chance that Green Bay signs him and then trades him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    Yeah my bad. I do think that there's a decent chance that Green Bay signs him and then trades him though.
    This I tend to disagree with, only because there is a huge risk with Flynn. They'd have to first pay him, and then hope there is a trading partner out there that will A.) pay for him with draft picks and B.) take on the big contract the Packers gave him (or a Franchise tag). The franchise tag would make more sense, but they'd still be on the hook for probably upwards of $17M if they couldn't trade him.

The Patriots did this with Cassel, but only after he had an 11-5 season. Flynn has shown some promise, but in extremely limited action.

The Packers could go this route, but it is very risky and could end up being a huge hit to their cap if they can't trade him.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast