Thread: A look at this team

Default A look at this team

Well anther season has come and gone. This one was so disapointing yet there is a lot of reason to have high hope for the next few years. This team IMO is a lot closer to being a team to be delt with then a lot of people think.

This year was doomed for a lot of reasons. Number 1 being injuries. Losing Tony Moaki was a big loss and a reason why this team struggled so badly in the red zone. Last year he was a red zone target. Losing him before game 1 hurt big time. Compound that by the next couple of weeks losing the Berry and Charles and this team has it's work cut out for it to win many games.

Coaching was anther thing that IMO hurt this team. Far to often we saw a team show up that was not ready to play. Inuries were a part of that but this team was one that played to the level of the other team. One week they would lose to the Dolphins badly at home then they would beat the Packers. If this team was prepared for each game then I think they could be sitting on back to back AFC west titles. Haley was let go for that reason and the team seemed to really like playing for Romeo. Coaching to me is reason number 2 why this team is not going to be going to the post season.

All in all I think that this team showed they are not as bad as many thought. Even with losing a number of key peaces they very well could have won the AFC west again and they were playing a 1st place schedule. That is a very good sign that this team has something going for it. Getting the guys we lost to injuries will be a key part to getting better. Getting some o line help would be anther. And I think is the clear biggest need for this team. QB play I would like to see Cassel and Orton battle it out to see who the starter would be. A good O line would help make both better.

Defense I would like anther pass rusher. Hali was what we all knew that he could be. Justin Houston showed up as a rookie and was able to get a few sacks as well. Allen Bailey late in the season got a couple of sacks and a few other pressures on qbs. Houston and Bailey should only get better as they were both rookies and they will help in the pass rush. But one can never have to much pass rush. Give the Other teams someone besides Hali to worry about will only help this defense. Safety depth is anther key need. We saw what happened when we lost Berry anther solid safety is also needed.

Heres what I would like to see. Either Fisher or Romeo as the head coach. Romeo did a good job in his 3 games. This team had it's chances to win all 3 he was the head coach for. And Jeff Fisher is a proven winner both in the regular season and playoffs. Either one would be a good thing for this team. Get the help I spoke of earlier and if anther steve breaston type WR is out there then I would like to see him added as well. I think that next season is going to be a much better one then this one was. I see this team doing big things going forward. This season was a bump in the road and we got a flat tire. But the bus is not totaled and it can be fixed with some simple repairs. I look forward to next season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Nice post and I agree. Should be an interesting off-season. I hope romeo stays and we get a couple hard-nosed coordinators to offset his laid back style. And we need to fix our lines - especially on the offensive side. I'm thinking it probably won't be too long before the team announces if romeo is staying or leaving.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Nice post and I agree. Should be an interesting off-season. I hope romeo stays and we get a couple hard-nosed coordinators to offset his laid back style. And we need to fix our lines - especially on the offensive side. I'm thinking it probably won't be too long before the team announces if romeo is staying or leaving.
    Lets hope so. Coordinators get scooped up fast, if our coach is in place we should have pick of the litter

Nice post! Agree with most of it. If the injury monster leaves us mostly alone next year I think we are at WORST an 11-5 team.

Good post and agree! We have to get help for Hali, he's a beast and we need another! I feel if we do not find out about Romeo in the next few days then we are waiting for some one involved in the play off's. My guess. We really need a Great OC to add balance and stability to our offense. I see Orton leaving and Cassel being our QB for next season. I think with a new OC we should retain Bowe, as time goes on he is getting better, I just get so PO'ed with the dropped balls in the end zone. We are a better team than our record shows and we will be even better next year. SD is getting old, Bronco's if they keep Tebow are done and the Raiders are the Raiders and will self destruct. I see us being the best in the west next year!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    . I think with a new OC we should retain Bowe, as time goes on he is getting better, I just get so PO'ed with the dropped balls in the end zone. We are a better team than our record shows and we will be even better next year. SD is getting old, Bronco's if they keep Tebow are done and the Raiders are the Raiders and will self destruct. I see us being the best in the west next year!
    That's the part of D Bowe that is so hard to watch. He can make these AMAZING catches like his td grab against Indy but yet drop some big time balls that are far easier grabs but hurt so much when he drops them. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall at times. He has all the talent in the world but simply can't make some of the simple plays. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

And this team should be the favorites in the AFC west next year. Getting all the key parts that we lost to injuries so early this year will seem like a free agent class alone. This team is FAR better then what any of the Media types want to admit. If they can get anther good draft class in this year people who can do what Justin Houston did. And if Baldwin comes along he was not horrible for a rookie then we are in great shape going forward.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!