Thread: THE BIG QB CONTROVERCY

Hybrid View

Default THE BIG QB CONTROVERCY

Sorry for the big build up, but Herm Edwards has nipped this one in the bud (as Barny, with his one bullet used to say), Trent Is Our Quarterback and will take the snaps when he returns. Trent said that they are taking it slow and cautious, he might be back mid November, but more likely at the end of November. Like Coach says, you can't believe the Sports Guys, they just rattle to be rattling, take your time Trent, we want you whole and ready to kick you know what when you come back.

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Seahawks!!

:pint: :pint: yum yum :pint: :pint:

Default Re: THE BIG QB CONTROVERCY

Oh no, does this mean we will have another playoff year where the head coach starts the wrong QB out of pride (Grbac)?

J/K :-D
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Oh no, does this mean we will have another playoff year where the head coach starts the wrong QB out of pride (Grbac)?

J/K :-D
    Relax M'Man, We won't let Elvis in the House, no matter how hard he begs, Herm won't start the wrong QB, an offensive lineman maybe, or two or three or more, but the wrong QB, never! (grin) (me too)jk that is.

:pint: 8-)

I will say this much, if Green comes back in the next few weeks, then you start Green if we make the playoffs. NO matter what.

Now if Green is out until after week 14 or 15, then I say run the table with Huard.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    I will say this much, if Green comes back in the next few weeks, then you start Green if we make the playoffs. NO matter what.

Now if Green is out until after week 14 or 15, then I say run the table with Huard.

Agreed; but then give Green the opportunity to compete for the job next year; because the problem you run into if we run the tables with Huard is that now he and his agent will expect to him to be the starter next season. But, then again I could just be talkin out of my shorts. :hammer:

Oh, love the pretty red stars BTW! :pint:

Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:

Agreed; but then give Green the opportunity to compete for the job next year; because the problem you run into if we run the tables with Huard is that now he and his agent will expect to him to be the starter next season. But, then again I could just be talkin out of my shorts. :hammer:

Oh, love the pretty red stars BTW! :pint:
    You're joking, right?

If Huard expects to start, he needs to find a team that's willing to play a QB on a leash.

Green is the better QB.
    Period, end of story.

The Chiefs have simplified the offense for Huard to maximize his strengths, and minimize his weakneesses.

The QB that can open the playbook, and run every play in the book is the QB that starts.

Guru wrote:

I agree, there is wisdom in that, Huard will be ready, and Trent will be a bit rusty due to the inactivity at his position, and it is nothing against Trent, it is just the circumstances.

8-) :pint:

kenny1937 wrote:
    Guru wrote:

I agree, there is wisdom in that, Huard will be ready, and Trent will be a bit rusty due to the inactivity at his position, and it is nothing against Trent, it is just the circumstances.

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The S
    Yup; you don't want to mess with the chemestry of the team late in the season.