Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,011
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D


    0 Not allowed!
    1. Pioli should had stepped in immediately after Haley let Gaily go. That was the tell-tale sign that Haley was not the future of this team.
    2. Pioli dishing out a 2nd round pick plus 60 million for a backup QB also not the brightest decision.
    3. Pioli seems to be unable to separate himself from his New England connections rather than come up with his own team philosophy.

    I think Clark made the wrong decision in making Pioli a NFL GM. And it shows. Perhaps, Clark might had extended the offer to Belichick, who made all the decisions while Pioli was working with him.
    That said, I'll give Pioli another year to right this ship. Firing Haley is a start, but the fact remains that he was the man that hired him in the first place. I'm not too enthused about who he might bring in next.
    Maybe I'm being too critical, maybe I'm just tired of sneaking into the playoffs once every 10 years, only to lose once we get there.
    SHUT IT

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,011
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    OK perhaps I was a little harsh on Pioli. I probably expect too much, too soon. If I don't see more saavy decision-making out of him this next season (FA, fix our lines, depth, and coaching), I will repost same time next year...
    SHUT IT

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A -D, maybe a little low, A C- might be better. But a Gm must be graded differently. At the close of his career with the Chiefs, we all grew to dislike Carl Peterson. But look back and see what happened. Yes we did not get a SB, but we did rule the AFC West! It takes time for a GM to make a mark on the Franchise. I not ready to say this is not the GM for the Chiefs. He stepped up and realized that scruffy Todd was not the answer. Fired him before the end of the season. Now he must find the Coach to build on the talent drafted and players we have. I give Scott two more years before I start really meaning time is up, you have had your chance.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 01-04-2012 at 11:08 PM.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    A -D, maybe a little low, A C- might be better. But a Gm must be graded differently. At the close of his career with the Chiefs, we all grew to dislike Carl Peterson. But look back and see what happened. Yes we did not get a SB, but we did rule the AFC West! It takes time for a GM to make a mark on the Franchise. I not ready to say this is not the GM for the Chiefs. He stepped up and realized that scruffy Todd was not the answer. Fired him before the end of the season. Now he must find the Coach to build on the talent drafted and players we have. I give Scott two more years before I start really meaning time is up, you have had your chance.
    It didn't hurt that Derrick Thomas fell in Petersons lap either.


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I disagree, at least he has admitted his mistakes and will maybe do better moving forward. C-

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,370
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 790

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd give Pioli a C+. His drafting has gotten better since the first year he was here. My question mark with Pioli is not with the draft, but with the free agency & coaching moves.

    Pioli's reluctance to go outside of New England isn't unusual compared to how other GM's have operated in the past, but I think if he gets past that, and gets to the point where he can identify the types of players/coaches that can help the Chiefs no matter what the background, we'll be competitive every year.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Didn't want to talk about every pick just the ones that I have seen some complain about like Mccluster and Arenas and Justin Houston because he is a very underrated pick. Lewis has come along and has been anther good pick. A few others that I didn't mention that have worked out pretty good so far for the most part. Berry, Moaki, Succop all 3 of them have been of some help to this team. Our drafts have been pretty solid since Pioli got to KC.
    I give him a B+.

    We should keep in mind Pioli did some nifty trading and we got an extra 3rd rounder that landed Justin Houston. I'm impressed with Justin, He is not a DJ yet but someday I expect him to match or excede DJ'S numbers.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

    We can all talk about Tyson Jackson. I think the value we got for a top 5 pick from him has been on the low end of what to expect but there have been more picks then this one.
    People are still hating on Tyson Jackson??

    He is ranked as the sixth best 3-4 DE run defender in the NFL. He recorded 40 stops. He missed only three tackles. He was third in the NFL in stops with 40. I dont know what else you guys want out of him.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Sw
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    People are still hating on Tyson Jackson??

    He is ranked as the sixth best 3-4 DE run defender in the NFL. He recorded 40 stops. He missed only three tackles. He was third in the NFL in stops with 40. I dont know what else you guys want out of him.
    For the back of his jersey to read orakpo or raji. They could care less hes doing his job well as 3-4 de.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Sw

    For the back of his jersey to read orakpo or raji. They could care less hes doing his job well as 3-4 de.
    Funny too... I have seen Orakpo more on the Geico commercial than I have during a football game and Raji seems to be anchoring one of the worst defenses in the league. Personally, I dont mind being "stuck" with TJ!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Because pioli took the third choice in the draft over all pro's bj raji and brian orakpo.

    Please define "stop" because our run defense is 24th in the league. He is 8th or ninth on the team in tackles. If you define "stop" as the rb running straight into TJ then yes, I guess that is a stop
    In ur world is the sky red too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If you could ask Scott Pioli one question...what would it be?
    By Connie Jo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM
  2. Scott Pioli doesn't reveal much, but this was clear: He won't be bullied
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •