Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D

Default Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D

1. Pioli should had stepped in immediately after Haley let Gaily go. That was the tell-tale sign that Haley was not the future of this team.
    2. Pioli dishing out a 2nd round pick plus 60 million for a backup QB also not the brightest decision.
    3. Pioli seems to be unable to separate himself from his New England connections rather than come up with his own team philosophy.

I think Clark made the wrong decision in making Pioli a NFL GM. And it shows. Perhaps, Clark might had extended the offer to Belichick, who made all the decisions while Pioli was working with him.
    That said, I'll give Pioli another year to right this ship. Firing Haley is a start, but the fact remains that he was the man that hired him in the first place. I'm not too enthused about who he might bring in next.
    Maybe I'm being too critical, maybe I'm just tired of sneaking into the playoffs once every 10 years, only to lose once we get there.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Because pioli took the third choice in the draft over all pro's bj raji and brian orakpo.

Please define "stop" because our run defense is 24th in the league. He is 8th or ninth on the team in tackles. If you define "stop" as the rb running straight into TJ then yes, I guess that is a stop
    Yeah...like I said Raji is anchoring one of the worst defenses in the league and Orakpo is doing Geico commercials.

Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson Broken Down - Arrowhead Addict - A Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    People are still hating on Tyson Jackson??

He is ranked as the sixth best 3-4 DE run defender in the NFL. He recorded 40 stops. He missed only three tackles. He was third in the NFL in stops with 40. I dont know what else you guys want out of him.
    I wasn't hating on Tyson I would agree he had a pretty good year. But overall I do think that his value has been a tad low for a top 5 overall pick. But if he keeps doing what he did this season that will change.

The one thing I would like to see him work to improve is the pass rush. I know that his position doesn't really get alot of sacks and stuff but that doesn't mean that he can't work to improve. If his pass rush can improve then I think that some of the hate on Jackson will die down a tad.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I wasn't hating on Tyson I would agree he had a pretty good year. But overall I do think that his value has been a tad low for a top 5 overall pick. But if he keeps doing what he did this season that will change.

The one thing I would like to see him work to improve is the pass rush. I know that his position doesn't really get alot of sacks and stuff but that doesn't mean that he can't work to improve. If his pass rush can improve then I think that some of the hate on Jackson will die down a tad.
    Do you remember how bad our run defense was. I believe in drafting for need. I think most people jumped outta their skin about him because of what he got paid. If we got a run stopping DE now, under the new CBA where they arent making assinine amounts of $$ then it would be a good pick. And if money is the only issue, who cares...we are way under the cap and it not my cash.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Do you remember how bad our run defense was. I believe in drafting for need. I think most people jumped outta their skin about him because of what he got paid. If we got a run stopping DE now, under the new CBA where they arent making assinine amounts of $$ then it would be a good pick. And if money is the only issue, who cares...we are way under the cap and it not my cash.
    but then it will be said we have the 24th ranked defense but wont take into account how many more times run plays were ran against our defense. When we have to defend 45 run plays vs 20 or 25 u bet ur *** we are at the bottom. Look at ypa. Yards per attempt and see where we rank thats the stat u want.

I think a C at best. For me, (and he admitted it), once you got past a few starters, there was zero depth. The fact that a tyler plako was your backup tells me everything I need to know. He went cheap, it cost dearly. Got a Center who's probably in his 50's. No depth at RB. He better fix those issues!

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I think a C at best. For me, (and he admitted it), once you got past a few starters, there was zero depth. The fact that a tyler plako was your backup tells me everything I need to know. He went cheap, it cost dearly. Got a Center who's probably in his 50's. No depth at RB. He better fix those issues!
    I have to disagree with the no depth at RB. Jackie Battle, Mccluster both had pretty good season for a back up rb.
    Battle got 4.0 yards per carry Mccluster ended with 4.5 yards per carry. Pretty good for back up guys. Give Charles back with those to the running game will be strong.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Our run d looked pretty bad at times this year as well. And Tyson was a part of that. He still like any young player has to work on being more constant. He's still a growing player. Like I said IMO he has not lived up to a top 5 pick. But if he can have more years like this one then he will. I have never been one to say that he's a bust. I have never been one to say he's horrible. But I also don't think hes been great. I hope to see great out of him. And if the improvement in him continues then I think we will at some point see great.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah I know who would want a franchise NT or pass rusher?
    Why do u assume every first rnd pick us gonna be a franchise player. How many teams passed on jared allan, tom brady....bj raji.is not very good, pretty bad this yr and orakpo aint jared allan nor will he ever be. Who would u rather have given both play in a 4-3 and we run a 3-4.

Yeah I know who would want a franchise NT or pass rusher?

Ummm Hali?

And don't sleep on Justin Houston. The guy was just a rookie this year and he was getting some good pressure on the qb late in the year. Allen Bailey anther rookie who was getting pressure on the Qbs as a rookie late in the season. We have some good pass rushers Hali is a VERY good to great pass rusher. Not every player on defense is going to be a great pass rusher we have some good ones. I would like to see more. But we have some solid pass rushers.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Did Pioli draft hali? Did Pioli draft all pro orakpo?

Do you want Hali and jackson on opposite sides of eachother or hali orakpo.

Now hali and orakpo, that is a scary combination

If you look at the numbers Tyson Jackson was not that far off Orakpo this year. 59 tackles to 55. What makes you think Orkapo is that big a leap of a better player then Tyson.

And I will take Hail And jackson with Justin houston Dj Berry anyday. Get over Orakpo he's not a chief and we wouldn't be all that much better with him. In fact I don't think that you can say we would be any better for sure. Orakpo has done thing better then Jackson in some areas like sacks yes but I am sure there are things Jackson is doing better then Orakpo. They don't keep stats for everything.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast