Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D

Default Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D

1. Pioli should had stepped in immediately after Haley let Gaily go. That was the tell-tale sign that Haley was not the future of this team.
    2. Pioli dishing out a 2nd round pick plus 60 million for a backup QB also not the brightest decision.
    3. Pioli seems to be unable to separate himself from his New England connections rather than come up with his own team philosophy.

I think Clark made the wrong decision in making Pioli a NFL GM. And it shows. Perhaps, Clark might had extended the offer to Belichick, who made all the decisions while Pioli was working with him.
    That said, I'll give Pioli another year to right this ship. Firing Haley is a start, but the fact remains that he was the man that hired him in the first place. I'm not too enthused about who he might bring in next.
    Maybe I'm being too critical, maybe I'm just tired of sneaking into the playoffs once every 10 years, only to lose once we get there.
    SHUT IT

I Think that is WAY to low of a grad for Pioli. In fact I think that Pioli is doing a good to very good job. Yes he has made mistakes along the way show me a Gm that hasn't. Haley I think can be considered as one of those mistakes but lets look at some of the moves.

Cassel I grant way to much was given up for him. And way to much money was given to him. But he has not been worthless. He did some good things. Is his time as the QB over we will have to see I give this one a C-

Drafting. We can all talk about Tyson Jackson. I think the value we got for a top 5 pick from him has been on the low end of what to expect but there have been more picks then this one.

To look at a few

Dexter Mccluster The guy put up a very solid year. Made a number of plays. Accounted for over 800 yards between rushing and as a WR. Very solid

Javier Arenas was 3rd in returns. Needs to get better in coverage but has not been awful hes made some plays. Don't think you can say that he's a great pick but also don't think you can say he's been a mistake

Justin Houston Slow start missed a off season due to the lockout witch probley had something to do with that slow start but by the end of the year he was making things happen. He was along with Hali getting pressure on the QBs. I think he was a good pick so far hope to only see him get better.

All in all when judgeing a GM after 3 season the question you have to ask is this team better then they were before Pioli took over. YES I don't think that many people can debate that. When you look at a divison title and in a year that was just not normal for anyone this team playing a 1st place schedule with a team that lost a number of there key parts coming close to winning a 2nd AFC west crown. Pioli is part of the good and the bad. Right now I think the good is far more then the bad. If he gets the next coach right this team can do great things. Things that we have not seen this team do in a LONG LONG time. Pioli is doing far better then a D- IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Pioli has admitted his mistakes, with that, the way this season has gone and the whole Haley ordeal I expect Pioli to be more aggressive this year in FA. He wants and needs to get this right. We have not heard about the HC job but it is said in another thread that interviews where conducted before the end of the season which leads me to believe that Crennel may or my not be the man for HC. It is also very important to bring a solid OC. Are we a better team now, Oh heck yea. With a good draft and FA this off season we could very well be the best in the west. I don't see too much of a change this year at QB. That we will just have to wait and see.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

we are close to being good every year. i think this years draft and FA pickups will make or break pioli.
    yes he has screwed up,tjack,backups,cassel, but we are better than with the queen and hermmie. i give him a c
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    1. Pioli should had stepped in immediately after Haley let Gaily go. That was the tell-tale sign that Haley was not the future of this team.
    2. Pioli dishing out a 2nd round pick plus 60 million for a backup QB also not the brightest decision.
    3. Pioli seems to be unable to separate himself from his New England connections rather than come up with his own team philosophy.

I think Clark made the wrong decision in making Pioli a NFL GM. And it shows. Perhaps, Clark might had extended the offer to Belichick, who made all the decisions while Pioli was working with him.
    That said, I'll give Pioli another year to right this ship. Firing Haley is a start, but the fact remains that he was the man that hired him in the first place. I'm not too enthused about who he might bring in next.
    Maybe I'm being too critical, maybe I'm just tired of sneaking into the playoffs once every 10 years, only to lose once we get there.
    Yeah let's get king Carl back in here.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    we are close to being good every year...
    Thats about like me saying I almost pulled out in time.

The end result, months later is not what you wanted or needed.

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Thats about like me saying I almost pulled out in time.

The end result, months later is not what you wanted or needed.

lmao
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I Think that is WAY to low of a grad for Pioli. In fact I think that Pioli is doing a good to very good job. Yes he has made mistakes along the way show me a Gm that hasn't. Haley I think can be considered as one of those mistakes but lets look at some of the moves.

Cassel I grant way to much was given up for him. And way to much money was given to him. But he has not been worthless. He did some good things. Is his time as the QB over we will have to see I give this one a C-

Drafting. We can all talk about Tyson Jackson. I think the value we got for a top 5 pick from him has been on the low end of what to expect but there have been more picks then this one.

To look at a few

Dexter Mccluster The guy put up a very solid year. Made a number of plays. Accounted for over 800 yards between rushing and as a WR. Very solid

Javier Arenas was 3rd in returns. Needs to get better in coverage but has not been awful hes made some plays. Don't think you can say that he's a great pick but also don't think you can say he's been a mistake

Justin Houston Slow start missed a off season due to the lockout witch probley had something to do with that slow start but by the end of the year he was making things happen. He was along with Hali getting pressure on the QBs. I think he was a good pick so far hope to only see him get better.

All in all when judgeing a GM after 3 season the question you have to ask is this team better then they were before Pioli took over. YES I don't think that many people can debate that. When you look at a divison title and in a year that was just not normal for anyone this team playing a 1st place schedule with a team that lost a number of there key parts coming close to winning a 2nd AFC west crown. Pioli is part of the good and the bad. Right now I think the good is far more then the bad. If he gets the next coach right this team can do great things. Things that we have not seen this team do in a LONG LONG time. Pioli is doing far better then a D- IMO
    No love for Kendrick Lewis? drafted in the 5th round
    60 tackles 10 pdef 3 int 1 for td and 1 ff. I'd say that's a ridiculously good pick right there.

You really have to dig deep for a reason to bash a GM who took a 2-12 team to the division crown in his second season, and missed it by a game in his third, after losing a significant amoutn of talent.

B

Far better than average.

An average perfomance would not make that much improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    No love for Kendrick Lewis? drafted in the 5th round
    60 tackles 10 pdef 3 int 1 for td and 1 ff. I'd say that's a ridiculously good pick right there.

Didn't want to talk about every pick just the ones that I have seen some complain about like Mccluster and Arenas and Justin Houston because he is a very underrated pick. Lewis has come along and has been anther good pick. A few others that I didn't mention that have worked out pretty good so far for the most part. Berry, Moaki, Succop all 3 of them have been of some help to this team. Our drafts have been pretty solid since Pioli got to KC.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast