Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Packers O.Coordinator to be interviewed

Default Packers O.Coordinator to be interviewed

Kansas City Chiefs to interview Joe Philbin of Green Bay Packers, source says - ESPN

I am assuming it is in relation to the head coaching position.

Wow this is interesting, Thanks jap1...The question remains..

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Mcarty or how ever you spell it, calls the plays. but hes is part of a great system.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

If Philbin is qualified and interviews well, then this is an excellent choice...also, I would love it if he were hired and brought over Tom Clements as the offensive coordinator.

Like the look.

I'm scared that if we don't promote Romeo to HC we may be looking for a DC as well.

it would be nice to keep Crennel on defense since he has done so well on that side of the ball. never know though...

Just thought of this....

Either Philbin is hired as HC or we keep Crennel at HC & DC. Philbin comes in as OC/assistant HC and he brings a highly sought after free agent along with him....Matt Flynn! duhn duhn duhnnnn.....

Might be kinda cool if you think about it. Flynn's fairly young, just went off in the same system that would be put in place here if Philbin is brought over.

I think I likey....

Ugh. Starting completely over on defense would suck in an epic way.

Hmm.

I would love to keep Crennel as HC and bring in Philbin as OC but there is no way he would leave the packers for a lateral move.

If we hire him as HC then Crennel is likely as good as gone and we will need both a new DC and a new OC. That means a completely new coaching staff (HC, DC, OC and probably whoever they want under them), and at least a year of "adjusting" to the new staff.

I think I would prefer a little more "stability" that would come with keeping Crennel at HC.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I don't want to wait another month for the packers to lose, too many coordinators will be gone by then. Todd haley and clancy pendergast anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Hmm.

I would love to keep Crennel as HC and bring in Philbin as OC but there is no way he would leave the packers for a lateral move.

If we hire him as HC then Crennel is likely as good as gone and we will need both a new DC and a new OC. That means a completely new coaching staff (HC, DC, OC and probably whoever they want under them), and at least a year of "adjusting" to the new staff.

I think I would prefer a little more "stability" that would come with keeping Crennel at HC.
    I'm really on the keeping Crennel bandwagon as well for the exact reasons you stated.

Consistency, and familiarity in the NFL can have a big impact on the success of a team. Look at what happened to the Eagles with the short offseason, labeled as the dream team because of all of the parts that were brought in sounded good,

But the reality was, all of these pieces had to adjust to a new system as well as the DC adjusting to becoming a 1st time DC and learning the strengths of his new players and putting them in a position to succeed.

There is a reason the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots have been good for a long time.... They have tenured HC's and keep a consistent philosophy, while retaining their core players they developed in the system they continue to implement.

I think it will go along way to keep Crennel on as HC...If not we actually might be starting over again (HC, OC, & DC)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast